CHURCH PEW DILEMMA

kjoy1

Hi guys:) I got my hands on a church pew from the church I went to as a child and was married in. The ideal location I would like to put it is in this bay window near my kitchen table. Pros...it is a perfect spot to sit and watch my kiddos in the backyard and watch the sunset. Cons...I feel like it might be too long for that area and possibly an oak overload with my oak hardwood floors and oak table. Looking forward to your opinions...

Love it
Hate it
SaveComment6.4KLike5 381
Comments (6.4K)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Parker Murphy

Good Morning Kjoy. When I first read your measurements i thought we were the same but.................you are adding bead board so how high would that go? Julie? :)

Julie- note Pottery Barn TP holder. :)

1 Like Save    
Seajay Sparkles

Hey Parker. Did they come and fix your tub wall yet? You got the look just right in there. So pretty.

Save    
kjoy1

Molly I adore that idea board. So pretty! I am familiar with Cambria because I used it when I replaced my kitchen countertops. Such a nice product only downside is it was $$$. So probably out of budget but I will definitely check it out. I ordered so many samples when I was doing my kitchen that I could have opened a Cambria showcase store. Haha. I donated all my samples to a local kitchen and bath company that offered Cambria. They seemed really grateful to have them.

Save    
kjoy1

Parker your BR is beautiful! You got it just right. Noticing now that your vanity doesn’t have a backsplash so you used your bead board as your backsplash. Smart. I will keep tweaking.

Save    
kjoy1

Just trying to get height figured out so I can calculate how much wallpaper I need and get it ordered 🤪

Save    
kjoy1

On a different note I love the look of a sconce like this...

Save    
kjoy1

Better? As high I could go above backsplash before hitting medicine cabinet part of mirror

1 Like Save    
Parker Murphy

K joy – Julie told me not to use a backsplash so it is stored under a bed now😀

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

That is an option Parker...to not use backsplash with new top and use bead board as backsplash instead 🤔I do have 3 kids though 🤭

Save    
Parker Murphy

Is it easy to take off the backsplash? I thought yours was a continuous part of the vanity top? I guess not. I was worried too about water splashing on my wall but it is just fine. I swear my husband is worse than 3 kids. The thing I am glad I did was put the towel hook on the bead board. I was so so worried about getting my wallpaper wet and we would have if we had hung the hook up on the wallpaper. It is not scrubbable- I treat it with kid gloves. I love it lower! I even like having the touch of color and texture there. Weird I know.

Save    
kjoy1

I have to get a new top Parker mine has chips and cracks.

Save    
Parker Murphy

Oh good that's nice. It's your choice then. So many choices!!

Save    
happyleg

Yes I like now where bead board id going.

Save    
melindas1977

Kjoy, I love the choices you are making! I need to renovate both of my bathrooms, so I am enjoying this vicariously. What is the ceiling height in the bathroom? I have always felt that it it is preferable not to cut the wall height in half. So if your ceiling height is 8', it looks better for the beadboard height to be either taller or shorter than 4'. Does that make sense? Of course, with the distractions of the toilet, vanity, and doorway, the proportion of wallpaper to breadboard may not be as noticeable/important. But I thought I would throw that out there for consideration.

Save    
PRO
Flo Mangan

Main thing with beaboard is to make sure it works with vanity height and eventual height of mirror. If beadboard is too high, it can create mirror issues. Might want to put a piece of blue painter tape where the center of the mirror might be, then measure height of vanity and figure out best height for the beadboard. Everything has to dance nicely together in a smaller space. :)

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Melinda thanks for following along! I watched with the same vicariously as Parker did her BR and learned so much. Thanks for the ceiling height tip...I will have to double check but I am pretty sure I have 9’ ceilings. What you are saying makes perfect sense. Thank you 🙏

Save    
kjoy1

Thing is Flo is I am not convinced that I want to change out my mirror so I guess I need to decide that to proceed. Ugh. Decisions. Mine looks very similar to this mirror/sconce inspiration pic. Mine also opens to a medicine cabinet so there is that 🤷‍♀️ Trying to dance nicely 💃. Thanks for the tips 🙏

Save    
Molly

How much wall space do you have besides the one we see with the toilet?

Save    
kjoy1

Quick sketch Molly :)

Save    
Molly

Thanks kjoy! It is pretty similar to my layout (but yours is bigger). 🙂

1 Like Save    
PRO
Adrian J. Naquin Interior Design L.L.C.

wainscot at 48" is too high unless the ceiling exceeds 8'tall - I generally wouldn't use a 48" tall wainscot unless the ceiling is 9'6" or taller

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

@Julie Zygmontowicz do you have a source for your hardware that I can check out?

Save    
kjoy1

Molly did you do your wallpaper the entire wall or did you do some sort of wainscoting?

Save    
kjoy1

I like this height for wainscoting...probably close to 39”

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Have to brag a little my 16 year old son inducted into National Honors Society today. So proud. Masks are required in school that is why we have them on for the pic

13 Likes Save    
poollivingthedreamnow

That's wonderful, Kjoy! Definitely brag worthy and you should be proud. He's so tall!

1 Like Save    
Parker Murphy

You have every right to be proud!

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Thanks Pool! He is tall! It is so weird when your children get bigger than you. Spanking definitely doesn’t work anymore. Haha. I am 5’7” and he is 6’1”. His dad is 6’2”. He really wants to be taller than his dad.

3 Likes Save    
mary44

Congratulations...you should brag...what an honor !! He is so handsome and mom looks like she could be his sister :)

2 Likes Save    
kjoy1

Thanks Parker :)

Save    
kjoy1

Awe thanks Mary 😊 My husband and I were just discussing how we are going to be a lot older when our youngest is doing these same events 😬 That’s what I get for having my 3 boys all 5 years apart. Haha.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Hi Kjoy

first just want to say what a beautiful photo even with masks!

NHS is a great accomplishment you must be so very proud!!🤗

here are is the hardware....

so Many more but I like these

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Oh thanks @Julie Zygmontowicz! Felt good to be able to celebrate these kids today. You know I like shopping on Amazon...checking them out now. What do you think of this height for wainscoting?

Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

Looks good to me...

1 Like Save    
Molly

Kjoy congratulations to your son, quite an accomplishment through this craziness! Any happy tears? 🙂. I papered the whole wall and did a coordinating paper on the other 2 walls.

1 Like Save    
ladma

Kjoy, congratulations to #1 son. It must be nice to have a little piece normalcy.

Save    
kjoy1

Ok thanks HIWE:)

Save    
kjoy1

Very nice Molly! I love it 🥰. Thanks for sharing.

Save    
kjoy1

It really is Ladma. Slowly but surely getting back to normal...

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

First look at Irish Garden. Will post better daylight pics tomorrow.

4 Likes Save    
Seajay Sparkles

Congratulations to son, Kjoy. The national honors society is a big deal. I know you’re so proud.

1 Like Save    
dsimber

All those decades ago, our NHS ceremony did not include parents, but I remember that as clearly as graduation. I am so happy, kjoy, that you were able to enjoy this with your son! So many precious moments to treasure forever!

Save    
kjoy1

dsimber! I thought you were having surgery today? Are you already home? I hope all went well. I will pop over to your thread to see if there is an update. Thank you it is a precious moment 🙏

Save    
kjoy1

Wallpaper and paint together. I think we have a winner! I will take pics in the BR when I clean it up a tad. I also got my feet for the vanity. Very fancy!

5 Likes Save    
poollivingthedreamnow

Oh I love it! It’s kind of gray and kind of blue and looks perfect!

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Oh good Pool! Yes that is how I would describe it in person...a blue gray with just a hint of green 🤗

1 Like Save    
dsimber

Yep, kjoy! Surgery was first thing this morning, and all is good at this point! For full story--and my are always long-winded!--you can get details on my thread. As I told my last nurse, I could easily get addicted to so much care, kindness, and attention. I am lucky to always have great experiences at hospitals. I know from the smiles in your photos that you are one of those great people. Please know that you are greatly appreciated!

4 Likes Save    
kjoy1

So happy all is good and you had a good experience. You are too kind. Thank you 🙏

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Here it is in the BR. Along with proposed bead board height, wallpaper, and vanity foot. Taking votes if I should change my mirror or just add scones to it. All thought welcome 😊

4 Likes Save    
Parker Murphy

Love it! Love the feet too. It's happening! I personally would wait to decide about mirror til the rest is done and then hold the mirror up and see how it looks.

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

quickly added some scones and hardware

5 Likes Save    
Molly

I would leave the mirror since it’s also a caninet. You can never have too much storage in a smallish bathroom!

1 Like Save    
Parker Murphy

I do love sconces! I would have gotten them myself but DH couldn't wire them and he didn't want to hire. Whatever you do its going to be so beautiful!

1 Like Save    
Theresa Janssen

question about mirror.. do you currently find that more than one person uses the mirror at one time? if so, I might consider a larger size mirror to accommodate feasibly a couple kids at the counter at the same time? something with gold would be very pretty.

1 Like Save    
dsimber

My vote may be unexpected...😉

8 Likes Save    
kjoy1

So funny dsimber. I also enjoy that joy coffee cup in the background 😉

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

I blame spell check...

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Kjoy I do really like your oval mirror and love the extra space it provides...and you can add sconces!! Win win

Save    
Seajay Sparkles

I agree about the scones , , , but blueberry would look so cool with your wallpaper. 😉 Love the sconces and oval mirror. So glad the blue Grey color for the vanity is a go. I was so not feeling the gray. I like the drawer hardware but wouldn’t mind something a little more understated. The feet are very cool.

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Molly that is the main reason to try and save the oval mirror. Storage!

Save    
kjoy1

Parker I love sconces as well...or scones...as the hip crowd is calling them these days 🤣 I am pretty sure DH can handle wiring them 🤞

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Theresa...occasionally yes but for the most part the oval mirror 🪞 has met our needs. Now that the boys are older they go in and lock the door and don’t share the BR with their brothers or mom. Rude!

2 Likes Save    
Seajay Sparkles

🤣😂😉😎Kjoy!

3 Likes Save    
kjoy1

@Julie Zygmontowicz I am excited about adding sconces to the oval mirror and think it will look very similar to that inspirational pic I like. Did you see the feet you picked out in my BR pic? DH and I really like them. Changes the whole look of the vanity! What do you think of these sconces from Amazon $89 for the pair https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QRSJBMJ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AHR0K3XXSXUQY&psc=1

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Seajay is the Irish Garden a go then? Should I get my painting clothes on this weekend 😬?

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Yes Irish Garden! Get those painting overalls on girl!

2 Likes Save    
Seajay Sparkles

I’ll bet you look great in those overalls. As my Mom used to say, you’d look great wearing a flour sack! 😂😉😎 absolutely get painting. Love the Irish Garden and the paper. Very sophisticated and current.

3 Likes Save    
DD Deco

Kjoy! Just caught up 😉 your bath is going to be gorgeous - love your choices!! And congratulations to a job so well done to your son - love the pic 🥰 you do look like his sister 😉🥳

1 Like Save    
DD Deco

Dsimber, so glad to hear surgery went well! 💕

2 Likes Save    
mary44

I agree...great design choices...get those paint clothes on !!! :)

1 Like Save    
poollivingthedreamnow

oh my goodness I am so excited for you! It's going to look beautiful! Those feet are perfect. Such a small thing but adds a custom look. I also love the mirror with sconces on the side.

Definitely get painting! And then lets find a counter top. I also agree with Seajay about the hardware. I like the color, but it's a little too...I don't like it. Looks old, sorry. So many choices out there, let's find the perfect one. I think you can go a little less fussy.

2 Likes Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Girl I love the hardware it will look more like a piece of furniture rather than just a bathroom cabinet....with that wall paper....FABULOUS! just adding that one unexpected thing is what will make it so special...adds that French touch for sure..

2 Likes Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Have you found a gold faucet yet?

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Inspiration...

Save    
dsimber

As you might expect, I would encourage you to choose a style for hardware, faucets and sconces that is more congruent with the other rooms we have seen. Wainscoting and floral paper would be enhanced, imo, by choices that lean toward farmhouse, not vintage. Your vanity does not have curves that make it look like an old dresser. Those look more French provincial to me. I will post a few to show range of simpler.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

oh my..the added curved legs and the color will be French country no doubt.

Save    
kjoy1

Ok! I love the Irish Garden too! I will try and work on it this weekend 🤗

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

My first reaction to @Julie Zygmontowicz hardware is that it was too fancy but they have grown on me. I have ordered them but I am willing to order a couple different styles to try out and take votes 🗳

Save    
kjoy1

Pool...I agree I need to find a top! I thought it would be simple. Just run down to Lowes and pick one up. I only found one I liked at Lowe’s but it didn’t have good reviews 😫 I will find a pic of it.

Save    
poollivingthedreamnow

Surely in SD you have some stone stores somewhere! (that was a bit of a tongue twister with all those S's haha)

Just google stone places and call around. Hoping you can find a remnant so you don't have to buy a whole slab.

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

@Julie Zygmontowicz I definitely want French 😊 The feet already add a lot. Great idea! Love the look of all the dressers you posted ❤️ I didn’t know I was looking for a gold faucet 🙃 I thought my current one with the white handles looked nice with the wallpaper.

Save    
kjoy1

I am about ready to order those sconces from Amazon unless anyone wants to talk me out of it. 🤷‍♀️

Save    
poollivingthedreamnow

cluster of them around Souix Falls and Sturgis, if you are near either of those areas.

Save    
kjoy1

I also bought a shower curtain while at Target. I don’t have high hopes for it but it was the only one I liked so I thought I would try. Don’t hold back opinion about it. It is not love yet...just like. I will post a picture

Save    
poollivingthedreamnow

I'm not going to talk you out of the sconces! My only thought about them may be the shade color, but I don't know if it's perfect or not. Just the only reason I would wait for other opinions. And you may be able to change them out if you want anyway.

Save    
kjoy1

Shower Curtain

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

So Pool are you thinking granite top? What do you have in your BR?

Save    
kjoy1

Lowe’s $289

• Natural marble laminated on wood substrate for strength, durability and value
  • Features variability in color finish including, but not limited to, tones of white, off-white, gray and brown
  • Each piece is made of natural materials and is unique, no two pieces will be identical in color or pattern
  • Stylish under-mount white rectangular vitreous china bowl with safety overflow keeps water inside bowl
  • Includes set-on backsplash protects walls from water damage, matching side splash available (item # 792078), sold separately
  • Fits a 48-in W x 21-in D vanity cabinet

Save    
kjoy1

This is what I am unsure about...Natural marble laminated on wood substrate for strength, durability and value 🤷‍♀️ Is laminated cheap?

Save    
poollivingthedreamnow

I think laminate has come a long way but I don't know anything about it.

We have a white quartz in our bathrooms. It has little white sparkles but it is mostly a solid white. We got it at the same place we got our kitchen stone.

1 Like Save    
ladma

I’d research the durability of laminated marble. It’s pretty, though. And if you don’t like the shower curtain, I’ll take it! I haven’t been to Target in over a year. Soon, I’ll go to stores again. My second dose is in 10 days!

Save    
Seajay Sparkles

I think in a bath situation I would stay with solid surface. Laminate has seams no matter how nicely they hide them. Water + seams = trouble. Just sayin . . .

3 Likes Save    
poollivingthedreamnow

agree seajay!

got my first dose today! woohoo

4 Likes Save    
Seajay Sparkles

Woohoo. Which one did you get. I’m vaccinated and tomorrow is three weeks post second dose. Maderna.

3 Likes Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Kjoy aI like that Target shower curtain..would you ever consider adding a glass shower enclosure ? With the money you saved on the vanity maybe it is in the budget?

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Love the Amazon sconces they come with White Shade too...is this the only lighting for the room? max 60 watt.

Save    
dsimber

Just now getting back to post images to go with the thoughts I expressed four hours ago. Selections made to show various hardware, faucets and sconces that complement your wallpaper and wainscoting. btw--I think of French provincial and French country as different styles. Your vanity does not have the curves Julie is showing with all that scrollwork in the hardware. Just being honest...I think that is totally the wrong direction. Please remind me of the hardware and lighting chosen for your Family Room tv console and your desk.

Save    
PRO
Flo Mangan

I'd be very careful of the color of the vanity because these blues can surprise you. I love that wallpaper though, so we can't really help with color over the Internet. But you have a great eye for color, so just try to keep that in mind as you select.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

This is what I consider a French country facelift...taking a flat front country styled cabinet adding scrolled legs and French hardware..and you have created a French country makeover....Country and French together..like adding modern hardware to a traditional dresser and now you have created a transitional piece of furniture...honestly anything goes these days..not everything has an exact name it’s just creating something beautiful! Kjoy you have amazing taste..so you do you...but I have to say I am a bit excited to see it all come together with the French handles and new legs😉

this is kinda what I was visualizing...

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Color looks great..keeping my fingers crossed🤞waiting to hear your experience with this paint..thinking of giving my master bedroom bed frame a new look!

Save    
cubby14

kjoy, I love the direction you are going with this vanity. Good luck on the painting and I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works out like you are hoping. You have great instincts and I hope you continue to trust them in this project.

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Pool. I don’t think it is actually laminate but real marble covered with a transparent sealing 🤷‍♀️ DH and I will look at it this weekend.

Save    
kjoy1

Seajay...no seams! Check! 🤪

Save    
kjoy1

Ladma so glad you are close to freedom 🤗

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Dsimber. Open to suggestions. Willing to try a few on. I already ordered HIWE hardware. I will post a reminder of my hardware for desk, tv console, and chandelier in daytime light.

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Flo. It was the best choice of the colors offered in this paint line. Plan b I could always just go white if I don’t like it or buy new vanity like I had planned. I am winging it 😉

Save    
kjoy1

@Julie Zygmontowicz we just have a simple tub/shower surround so a glass enclosure wouldn’t be worth the money. I am happy with a pretty shower curtain or two like Parker did. I will look for the sconces with a white shade. I didn’t realize it was offered. Our current light situation involves a basic 3 light fixture over the mirror. When we use led bulbs we only put 2 bulbs in because it is too bright. A French Country facelift sounds nice to me. Anything will be an improvement than what I currently have and I am grateful for the direction. The dresser examples are very beautiful. I am drawn to curves and pretty things. DH says I over compensate with feminine things because I live with 4 boys 🤪

4 Likes Save    
kjoy1

Cubby Thank you 🙏 I am crossing my fingers and toes that the paint is amazing 🤩

Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

Here you go..white shades

1 Like Save    
poollivingthedreamnow

Cant wait to see how the vanity looks in the new color. Exciting!

I like Julie’s example that has the fancy pulls with the simple knobs on the top drawer. I could see that working. And I think the sconces with white shades look best!

Seajay, I also got the Moderna. I go back mid April.

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Thoughts? In real life the stitching on the shower curtain is a little more teal compared to the blue of the wallpaper but it is such a delicate small detail it is not noticeable from a far. Is the pattern on the shower ok with pattern of wallpaper?

6 Likes Save    
Seajay Sparkles

It is for my eye. I agree the color is close enough.

2 Likes Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Looks good to me😊

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

I just noticed you have textured walls! 😳Are they going to be sanded down before wallpaper goes up?

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Thanks Seajay :)

Save    
kjoy1

@Julie Zygmontowicz No. We had plans to use a wall liner.

1 Like Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

Perfect! Was worried😉

1 Like Save    
happyleg

I like the wallpapers with the shower curtain networks good

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Thanks happyleg 😊

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Losing good light but here is first coat on the frame. DH and I love the color 🤗

6 Likes Save    
cubby14

Kjoy that looks fantastic already. Woohoo that both of you love the color.

2 Likes Save    
kjoy1

Thanks cubby!

Save    
Parker Murphy

Looks beautiful Kjoy. So nice you both love it!!

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Exciting! Love it❤️

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

I think you are going to want a new faucet🤷🏼‍♀️

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Thanks Parker! It is such a pretty color. Really brightens up our little BR 🤗

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

I am super excited HIWE! Starting to look like all those Sarah Richardson pins I have saved on Pinterest. I am giggling that you think I need a gold faucet. I will put it in my Amazon cart and see if DH notices 😉

Save    
kjoy1

I need to get a countertop figured out first!

Save    
Seajay Sparkles

Oooh, you have an Amazon cart. I might have mentioned before. Do you have a granite fabrication company nearby. They always have scrap granite/quartz leftover from big jobs. You can usually get a small piece for your application reasonably priced. Love the vanity color. Looks so good. If you get a new top, then new hole placement for the faucet can open up your choices of what kind you can have. Carry on. 😉

1 Like Save    
DD Deco

Beautiful! Second Seajay’s comment about the facet possibilities 😉

Save    
shwshw

Looking good!

Save    
poollivingthedreamnow

Yes, I love it! And the shower curtain looks so good too. It’s going to be so beautiful.

I agree with Seajay about a granite place for a remnant. Did you see my previous comment that I saw some clusters of those stores in a couple SD cities. I can’t remember what area you are in.

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Thanks Seajay! I do have an Amazon cart what can I add to it for you 😉 I do have a kitchen and bath store that we used when we replaced our kitchen counter top with Cambria. They had granite available as well. But to be honest I wasn’t impressed. Lots of middle men and extra charges. I will keep an open mind though and go check out what they have.

Save    
kjoy1

DD 🙏 Not convinced yet that I need a new faucet but I did noticed from looking at tops that I need to choose between one and three holes so I better decide.

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Hi shwshw! Thank you 😊

Save    
kjoy1

@Julie Zygmontowicz double checking. The feet are being painted blue right?

Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

Yes blue shoukd look like it has been part of the vanity like a piece of furniture🤗

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Kjoy found this....I kinda like a bit of warmth in the veining with white and grey..pulls in the warmth of your tiled floor..very subtle..worth a look at...

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Love it @Julie Zygmontowicz. Doesn’t ship though and store is 2 hours away 😢

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Noooooo🤪

Save    
poollivingthedreamnow

If you don't find anything else that works better in looks, price, etc, then I'd make a day trip out of it and get it.

But it can take one hour just to get across the city here, so maybe that's why a 2-hour drive doesn't seem like a big deal to me haha

1 Like Save    
mary44

Love the vanity top.....wonder why they don't ship... they ship other large items. 2 hour drive would seem long to me maybe because I am only 2 miles from Home Depot.

Save    
Save    
kjoy1

Still concerned about marble in the BR. While beautiful concerned about etching and staining. Do you think this is practical for a family with 3 kiddos?

Save    
Seajay Sparkles

They are the same and both from HD. Etching shouldn’t be a problem if you don’t use abrasive cleaners. I used a DuPont product made for cleaning and polishing my granite and it was very effective at preventing any stains or marks. I realize marble is more porous but I’ll bet there are plenty of products out there you can use. But for the price, if it holds up for five years, at that time you might be ready to do a whole renovation of the bath. Just throwing this out there.

1 Like Save    
PRO
Flo Mangan

Hi everyone! I am having problems with Houzz on my iPhone since the last "update". I have reported it, but I cannot use iPhone for Houzz at all. Everything here works fine, Internet, etc. and it only started doing this after I bravely updated to 21.3.9 (5172) I can't respond to any "notifications" so I'm doing the best I can. I had to laugh at Pool's 2-hr drive comment. 2 hours! No big deal. We have gone to dinner 2 hours away! Guess it's a Texas thing. I would be leery of marble in a "workhorse" bathroom. Granite is much more forgiving. Do you have stone yards anywhere near you? they often have "pre-made" options that could work for you. I would check on that. Granite has become a "commodity" which means it is generally less expensive than quartz or marble too. Good luck.

1 Like Save    
poollivingthedreamnow

Kjoy, I don't recall what area of SD you live, but when I googled granite & stone places I saw some clusters of them in both Souix Falls and Sturgis, if you are near either of those areas. Maybe start by calling around and asking about remnants for a vanity. In my experience, those places willingly help you find what you need, and will point you in the right direction. You could even ask at the Lowes or HD kitchen area. Somebody will know!

2 Likes Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

The marble will be fine..they seal It and you can just use the cleaner I use it cleans and seals it every time you use it! Love the stuff! I have several friends that have Installed the prefab marble tops and love them..no problems with the marble Discoloring or staining.....I will call a couple of my friends and get some feedback..one has had it for several years the other maybe 3-4....

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

You can not use your normal cleaners on it at all...just a marble granite cleaner...my bathroom has Marble top..love it....no stains...but it will get spots..they are clear but more like dull spots from anything that is a regular strong counter cleaner..My cleaning lady used soft scrub on the sink that is fine but I think she dripped some on the counter and that is what caused the dull spots..when the sun is shining in tomorrow I will see if I can get a good photo of it...really very hard to see in regular light..no one would even know unless I pointed it out....keep looking see if you can find a remnant...one thing on the reviews was hard to install and that the color was a bit different than the photo on line...so this Might be best to have someone install one that is made for your vanity.

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Thanks for the info ladies. Still on the fence but leaning toward Seajays attitude that this is just a refresh and the beauty and price of the marble top might out-way that it might not perform like my Cambria quartz kitchen countertops. It did say that it has a polished finish with a high-gloss sheen but in the question and answers it stated that it was not sealed. Will research high quality sealers and marble cleaning products. Still plan and looking around locally but we just had a mini blizzard and still slow getting out

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

That is crazy it is not sealed...

1 Like Save    
Seajay Sparkles
1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Finished painting!

10 Likes Save    
mary44

Kjoy it is beautiful and I love the legs...gives it a nice touch. The color is so pretty... great job to you and DH :)

3 Likes Save    
kjoy1

Thanks Mary! I did all the painting and my back is telling me about it. Haha.

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Great article Seajay. Thank you 😊

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

WOW! the color is so beautiful it reminds me of the pretty blue bowls you have on your kitchen shelf...so you!

2 Likes Save    
kjoy1

I adore the color @Julie Zygmontowicz! Hardware and sconces should be here this week as well. That reminds me. I need to order the wallpaper 😮 I was going to do it this weekend and got sidetracked painting.

3 Likes Save    
kjoy1

I think they are going to look good...

5 Likes Save    
Seajay Sparkles

The shower curtain looks good too. What color are you thinking for the wainscoting. I’m a brat😉.

1 Like Save    
mary44

Kjoy what is your overall opinion of the paint itself ? Did you have to do any prep work?

I wish I wasn't so afraid of color...it looks so nice :)

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Seajay I was thinking white. What are you thinking?

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Yep White🤗

girl I just love that hardware! did you find a knob for the middle cabinet door to match?

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Mary probably to soon for me to speak about durability but so far I really like the paint. It made me look like a really good painter. It is very forgiving. I used their deglosser before I painted. I applied it with a paint brush and then used a scouring pad to scrub the vanity. I let it sit for 1-2 minutes and then wiped it with a dry cloth. And then I painted. I also bought their tool kit. I used the brush to apply a liberal coat of paint and then very lightly went over it again with the foam roller. The foam roller doesn’t have any paint on it...it is hard to explain but it kind of fluffed up the paint and made tiny little bubbles. I was afraid that it was going to dry like that but it didn’t. It dried to a very smooth satin sheen with no brush marks that I could find. The paint had a minimal smell and cleaned up easily. So far I would recommend it. I am already thinking of other things I could paint 🎨 Hope that helps 😊

7 Likes Save    
kjoy1

This is what I bought. Both on Amazon.

Save    
dsimber

Wow! That is a pretty blue! Is there something wrong with my monitor? I was seeing dark gray when you showed the samples? Nice job!

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Thanks dsimber! Monitors are tricky. One sample was gray and one a blue/gray. This is the blue/gray color that everyone liked called Irish Garden.

1 Like Save    
dsimber

I honestly saw no blue whatsoever in the sample of Irish Garden, and I’m pretty sure you showed that several times! The blue/gray is perfect!

1 Like Save    
ladma

Nice job! It looks great.

1 Like Save    
Parker Murphy

That is absolutely gorgeous Kjoy! Great job. It must give you a great sense of satisfaction to say-" I created and painted this vanity from my old vanity. "

1 Like Save    
krottmann

Great job! It looks fantastic!

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Thank you Ladma 😊

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Awe that is saying a lot coming from my design sister Parker 😉 It does feel pretty good 😌

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Krottmann thanks so much 🙏!

Save    
DD Deco

Yay!! Kjoy!!! It looks beautiful 😍 let us know how it holds up - it sure would be awesome not to have to do 6 coats my next time 😂🙄🤞Love the legs too! Great makeover!

2 Likes Save    
Molly

Looks great kjoy, can’t wait to see more progress. 🙂

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

DD six coats! I would have given up. You are a patient strong women 💪

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Thanks Molly! Still in Florida? I am excited too 🤗

Save    
Molly

Yep, until Saturday afternoon. 😎

2 Likes Save    
kjoy1

Nice! Have a drink and some sun for me!

2 Likes Save    
Seajay Sparkles

Molly. There’s some fierce weather coming this way by the weekend. Hopefully it will stay well north of you. I think we’re going to get some of it here in SC.

1 Like Save    
ladma

It’s bringing white stuff to Ma. Arghhh

2 Likes Save    
Molly

I don’t see any problems coming to Tampa so I think we are ok Seajay. 💕

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Scones 😉 and hardware arrived! Super hard to get a good pic holding them up. I am holding the light too low

3 Likes Save    
kjoy1

Close up of finishes on BR counter

7 Likes Save    
Molly

Pretty. 🥰

2 Likes Save    
kjoy1

Thanks Molly!

1 Like Save    
dsimber

Don’t you just love the softer finish on brass?! Those look well together. 🙌

3 Likes Save    
kjoy1

I really do dsimber ❣️

Save    
Seajay Sparkles

They look great Kjoy. I thought I might want something simpler but I like those a lot. Note how “I” might like something simpler. 😉 scones 😘

3 Likes Save    
kjoy1

Yeah! I love that you like them Seajay!!! 💗

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

They are just so pretty and really work together well!

Kjoy here are the cleaners I use any of the 3 work great..my bathroom is Marble and kitchen is Granite..I tried to get a photo of the dull spots but they are so faint they did show up! 6 years old and looking great. these cleaners really work great and they seal every time you use it..

2 Likes Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

2 Likes Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Just zoomed in on those handles and they are gorgeous!

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

@Julie Zygmontowicz your bathroom is gorgeous along with my new hardware! I adore them. They are such a pretty little touch. I sent a picture to my sister and she said awe you turned your vanity into a pretty dresser 🤗 Your marble is beautiful. It doesn’t look like a carrara type of marble. Is it a type of onyx? So...should I just place the hardware in the middle of each drawer or should the bottom bigger drawer be higher? Thought I would place the sconces at middle of mirror so the top shade lines up with the top of the mirror. Thoughts? Thank you 🙏🥰😘

Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

Hi Kjoy😊
Yes put the handle on the bottom larger drawer the same distance from top of the above smaller drawers..not in the middle...
Yes place the back plate of sconce at middle of mirror...
My counter is called Crema Marble..it is very soft Ivory

2 Likes Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

Thanks we love our bathroom it is very calm with a mix of grey, ivory and taupe...
I know you are going to love going into your new bathroom too!🥰

2 Likes Save    
kjoy1

Ok. Got it! Thanks for the cleaner suggestions as well. I think I have my DH convinced that he should make the 2 hour drive to get the top this weekend 🤞

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Key word is he...hehe 🙃

1 Like Save    
Seajay Sparkles

Can’t miss with Weiman products. I have used them for years.

3 Likes Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Kjoy wow that would be great if ”he” took a road trip!

Save    
kjoy1

@Julie Zygmontowicz do you think I should have the screw holes be centered on the drawer which makes the handle lower...or should I have the handle be at the center point with screw holes above

Save    
kjoy1

And this is what we were thinking for sconce height

Save    
Seajay Sparkles

First picture for handles. Scones are just right.

2 Likes Save    
kjoy1

Ok. Thanks Seajay 😘

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Screws for handles should be in middle of drawer...sconces are perfect!

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Other than the lower big drawer..it should be the same distance from top as the smaller drawers.

Save    
PRO
Flo Mangan

Because of the shape of this pull, I would center it top to bottom so you can get fingers into the pull. Of course, center it left to right as well. The holes will not be centered but the overall look will be pretty.

2 Likes Save    
PRO
Flo Mangan

What I mean is don’t focus on centering holes but rather view the whole shape of pull and center it, then mark wherever the holes end up. Kind of hard to verbalize. But hopefully it makes sense.

3 Likes Save    
kjoy1

Gotcha! Thanks ladies!!!

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

My bedroom dresser has similar handles....I will post photo tomorrow.

Save    
kjoy1

Coming Along! 🤗

7 Likes Save    
dsimber

Perfection. Now I finally understand what Julie meant by having the one on the bottom drawer placed higher. You must surely be getting a sense of satisfaction in having refurbished your vanity so beautifully, kjoy!

1 Like Save    
PRO
Flo Mangan

Looking good.

1 Like Save    
mary44

Looks great KJoy :)

1 Like Save    
Seajay Sparkles

Your OH, Kjoy, is a gem. It’s looking fantastic. I think this is a great solution. And, He can wallpaper too. I’m trying to remember why I married my OH 😂😉😎.

3 Likes Save    
kjoy1

Dsimber it feels really good! I love how it turned out and I was able to spend the money that I would have used for the vanity on other fun things. 🤗

2 Likes Save    
kjoy1

Thanks Flo!

Save    
kjoy1

Mary thank you 🙏

Save    
kjoy1

Haha. Seajay. You are so funny! My OH is a gem but he did talk me out of sending him on that vanity top road trip by saying his time was better spent putting on hardware and putting up lighting. It probably was. He did a good job and I just ordered the top. Win win. Just have to wait a tad longer. ⏳

3 Likes Save    
PRO
Flo Mangan

Looking very pretty. Nice combo.

2 Likes Save    
Parker Murphy

It's beautiful Kjoy! When is the paper coming? Your DH can do that too? He is a gem!!

2 Likes Save    
DD Deco

Wow!! Getting handles straight is NOT easy and I have yet to succeed!! 🤦‍♀️😂 Looks so awesome 🥰

3 Likes Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Sooooo Beautiful! great Job on the pulls....🤗🥰

3 Likes Save    
kjoy1

Thank you Flo! I saw some sneak peek pictures of your new home on other threads and I just have to say you have a way of making everything beautiful. Well done. I know it has been hard work for you but you should be proud.

2 Likes Save    
kjoy1

Parker I haven’t ordered it yet 😬 I need to! The 25% off and free shipping ends the end of March. I wanted to make sure of bead board height so I had the right estimate of how much wallpaper to order.

Save    
kjoy1

DD 🙏 My DH did a good job. I just told him what I wanted and he was in there with tape, laser level, and a drill. I didn’t ask questions. Haha.

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

They are beautiful @Julie Zygmontowicz. Thank you 🙏. Do I leave the middle faux drawer empty? And I will need a new faucet it turns out because the new vanity top is 8 inch spacing and my current faucet is not 😢 Poop. Worried about gold/brass one though...too much gold?!?

1 Like Save    
DD Deco

The 8 inch spacing is so pretty - you will be so happy in the end 🥰 I am still looking for a gold one...loving the touch on and off in my kitchen so have been searching for one of those or maybe sensor - so cool! And cleaner!! The “old fashioned ones (😂) are prettier though. I fired my Mr so I could mess it up and blame myself to save the marriage 😁🤷🏼‍♀️😂

1 Like Save    
Seajay Sparkles

No handle on false panel.

Save    
M Trevino

Beautiful kjoy!!

Save    
Molly

I saw this faucet, but I couldn’t find the spacing.

Save    
Seajay Sparkles

Beautiful faucet Molly. Another’s option at a great price point.

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Hi Kjoy

I would leave the false front empty for now...you just need a little knob for door..

I would not worry about using a antique gold faucet..no different than having all brushed nickel.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Here you go a few more options...I actually really like the chrome option..will work nice under your frameless mirror.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Save    
liasch

Like that faucet style, SeaJay. Saved it for future reference!

Save    
kjoy1

Hi guys. I wanted to order the wallpaper today before the sale ends. Are we all liking this height for the wainscoting so I can make the right calculations for how much wallpaper to order. Top will arrive on Tuesday so I need to pin down faucet as well. Will check out Lowe’s this weekend. Any suggestions from there?

2 Likes Save    
kjoy1

By the way doesn’t my tile floor look so nice with the painted vanity. The blue I think really neutralized it. I think maybe the oak color was actually reflecting a peachy color in pictures 🤷‍♀️

1 Like Save    
Molly

I think that height works well. Remember to calculate in match and a little extra in case you make a mistake. 🙂

2 Likes Save    
kjoy1

Ok Molly. Definitely plan on making some mistakes so will order extra!

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

I like these two gold ones because they are not shiny and have a patina look to them

2 Likes Save    
kjoy1

Also like this chrome

Save    
Seajay Sparkles

I think the blue absolutely neutralized the floor. Personally I think the chrome is too contemporary but I like the two brass fixtures a lot. If we’re voting I vote for the fluted faucet although I think the Kingston is more in keeping with your style. But you choose. They are all beautiful.

2 Likes Save    
kjoy1

Thanks for voting Seajay. I am probably wrong but I thought the Kingston was expensive. I do like that style though.

Save    
kjoy1

Right now towel hook, toilet paper holder, and shower rod are a brushed nickel. If I went with gold faucet do all these have to change or can I have a mix?

Save    
Seajay Sparkles

You can mix. The faucet being so close to sconces seems better in brass.

2 Likes Save    
Seajay Sparkles

And don’t forget you can get combo brass and brushed nickel in hooks.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Love these..the Kingsonton is too old country to me..

2 Likes Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

You could also do chrome hooks with chrome faucet.

Save    
kjoy1

I found an open box with small imperfection of this one on Amazon for $80 so I ordered it to try...

7 Likes Save    
glschisler

Very nice choice! I hope it works for you.😊

Save    
kjoy1

Me too glschisler 🤞

1 Like Save    
DD Deco

Ooooh, love it!!!

2 Likes Save    
liasch

That is why I saved the Kingston...perfect for my place...but I love this one you have scored...nice lines.

2 Likes Save    
poollivingthedreamnow

patiently waiting for more reveal photos! I bet you are excited kjoy. When does the counter top arrive?

1 Like Save    
Parker Murphy

I want to see the wallpaper!!

2 Likes Save    
kjoy1

Thanks DD! I hope you are having an amazing time! It would look good in your BR too 😘 There was 2 open box available 😉

2 Likes Save    
kjoy1

I like the shape of it too liasch ❣️

1 Like Save    
DD Deco

Lol Kjoy, I would jump, but mine are close together to make cleaning as hard as possible 😂 I bet you will love the widespread! I am so far 😉💕

2 Likes Save    
kjoy1

I am excited Pool. I am hurrying up and waiting for everything. 🤩 The top arrives tomorrow...the faucet Wednesday...and I am not sure about the wallpaper maybe in a week. Of course I will post pics as the debacle ensues 🤪

2 Likes Save    
kjoy1

Parker I just ordered it! I want to see it too!!! Hopefully DH and I can figure out how to hang it. I told my mom she is on standby if we need help 😬

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Faucet choice is great! And you found a deal!

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Can’t pass up a good deal HIWE!

Save    
mary44

Nice faucet pick KJoy...like the clean lines. It is going to look perfect with all your other updates:)

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Ack guys I don’t know where my vanity top is 🤷‍♀️ Every time I check on it the estimated delivery 🚚 date is pushed back. Meanwhile the one that is 2 hours away available for curbside pick up is available and mocking me. Haha. More bad news... I got a notice that the wallpaper is out of stock and won’t be restocked until April 12. Now the good news! I received my Kingston faucet and it is beautiful 🤩 The gold is beautiful. It is heavy and seems of good quality. And the best part is that I can’t find the “flaw” they were talking about. Super excited that I got a $220 faucet for $80! Woot woot! Lastly, I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Easter and thank everyone for being here and helping me. I appreciate you all more than you will ever know. Thank you 🙏

10 Likes Save    
kjoy1

I also picked up this gray bath mat at Target yesterday. I thought it picked up on the gray stems in the wallpaper. Thoughts?

2 Likes Save    
niccidhg

That is a beautiful faucet, Kjoy ! I think that it’s perfect for with your drawer hardware. This is really getting exciting ! My thought on the bath mat is that the gray in the wallpaper seems like a warmer, almost taupe, gray. I think either a more beigey gray ( greige ) or a maybe a lighter gray would be nice.

Save    
niccidhg

Maybe it’s just my monitor, IDK. Also , maybe a cream like the paper background would work.

Save    
kjoy1

I see what you are saying Nicci after pointing out the more greige color of the wallpaper stem. Monitors are tricky. I would say the background of the wallpaper is a light gray. I will try and take a pic with wallpaper sample and rug in BR.

Save    
Seajay Sparkles

I’m too busy looking at the beautiful paint color with the wallpaper. Gorgeous. Cool beans on the faucet. . . a great deal for sure. Pick up counter calling your name . . .😂🤣😎. I agree with Nicci on the bath mat. Target/Nate (designer) has some great colors. You could even stay with white like curtain or go to accent color on curtain for bath mat. Happy Easter to you and yours.

2 Likes Save    
DD Deco

Wow, the facet it beautiful!!! Love the deal 🥰 not sure of the grey either 😉. Happy Easter Kjoy!!

Save    
kjoy1

Here it is in the BR :)

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Also looking for a lotion and soap dispenser combo with a tray and a cute box to store 1 or 2 extra toilet paper rolls if anyone runs across anything 😊

Save    
niccidhg

I think the gray mat looks good in the bathroom light :) .

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Seajay I love the cabinet color as well 💗 It is special. If I could fast forward 6 months and be assured of its durability I would be painting my kitchen oak cabinets as well. But that is a can of worms for another day. A white rug would look nice for about 30 minutes at my house with the 4 boys. Need some sort of color to hide the dirt.

Save    
kjoy1

DD the deal is the best part! Happy Easter 🐣

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Ok Nicci:) In real life they are very similar grays. I will continue to ponder 🤔 and see how it looks in various lights. Thanks for your opinion 🙏

Save    
Parker Murphy

Hi Kjoy! I don't have a lot of expertise except on white rugs. Don't get it! :) I have given up on mine already. Now I bought a gray rug from Target. I tried black but really shows all the specs of "stuff". Houzz initially encouraged me to buy white because I can bleach it - which I did weekly- but two days after it was dirty. And I only have ONE DH. We have had two cream /white rugs in the bedroom hallway and have thrown both. We (he) gets them all dirty looking. I think I need a ruggable?

I love your paint job. How many coats did you do and does it show brush strokes? We (he) needs to paint the porch chairs white.

Have a wonderful Easter Kjoy! Is your sister and mom coming? I finally am going to see my brother aand his family- haven't celebrated a holiday with them since covid. So excited!

2 Likes Save    
kjoy1

Hi Parker! No white rug ✅😉. I did 2 coats of paint. No brush strokes for me. I painted the paint on with the brush and then went over it with the little roller thingy. So happy you will be with family for Easter! Yes my mom and sister will be coming over. I am excited to show them my BR progress so far 🤗

4 Likes Save    
Parker Murphy

They will be duly impressed! Glad you will be with your family.

Thanks for the info. I think I will watch video and do the chairs with that.

1 Like Save    
dsimber

Happy Easter, Happy Spring!

2 Likes Save    
kjoy1

Happy Easter dsimber :)

1 Like Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Happy Easter!🐰🐰🐰

I really like the grey rug..once the wallpaper is in you will see more of the grey and I think your rug will work....I am worried about the bright white shower curtain but you will know once the countertop and wallpaper is in...the faucet could not be better! Beautiful

Save    
kjoy1

Thanks @Julie Zygmontowicz Happy Easter 🐣 I hope you enjoyed your time with your son.

Save    
kjoy1

Vanity top showed up today! It is really pretty but not a whole lot of tan/brown in it but I still think it can work. Thoughts?

Save    
kjoy1

Close ups

Save    
kjoy1

With some of my stuff by it

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

On closer inspection there is already a ton of etching on it already. Hmm. Ack!

Save    
kjoy1

Going to meditate and breathe now...

1 Like Save    
Seajay Sparkles

I probably would have preferred solid white but I think this can work. What are the spots?

Save    
kjoy1

Etching 😢

Save    
DD Deco

I think it suits your bold golds and color. The paper may be too delicate.... deferring to the experts 😂

Save    
DD Deco

Oh no, just read the new posts 🤯

Save    
kjoy1

I know DD. Poop 😢

1 Like Save    
Seajay Sparkles

Pass on it. It will wear on your nerves eventually

Save    
Parker Murphy

It would wear on me too! If I know there is a spot thats all I see!

Seajay- still haven't bought Weismans(?) yet. Do I use it on the counter and in the sink. It says it seals every time? Isn't that a lot of sealing?I am just using a microfiber cloth at the moment

Save    
kjoy1

Parker I could be wrong but I don’t think you have a natural stone top...which doesn’t need a special cleaner. I thought your top was quartz 🤷‍♀️

Save    
kjoy1

I tried Weisman on one of the spots. Nothing. The problem is...it looks like a polished piece of marble that hasn’t been sealed yet. Which is fine if it came to me in perfect condition. Then I would just seal it and carry on. But it looks like it has been sitting outside uncovered or partially uncovered and water has pooled along the edge causing etching 🤷‍♀️

Save    
Parker Murphy

Kjoy- I don't know what I have. I can't find the original picture Julie sent me. :(

I found it and it is engineered marble top. Don't know what sink is.

1 Like Save    
PRO
Flo Mangan

Can’t be sure, but looks like marble. If it is, the etch marks won’t come out. So, believe it or not Turtle Wax paste (car wax) might buff out spots and it seals stone too. You could try it. But you own it once you treat it. So if it is bad enough, arrange return. Sorry about this. Hoping for good solution!

1 Like Save    
PRO
Flo Mangan

Here’s what I use.

Save    
Seajay Sparkles

The correct name of the product is Weiman. I don’t use it every time just when it looks like it needs it. . . after a good scrub once every couple of weeks.

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Yes Seajay Weiman not Weisman 🤪. Flo it is definitely marble because that is what I ordered. So whatever these spots are on the top didn’t come off with a rag and weiman but when I scrape it with a fingernail it comes off 🤷‍♀️ That wouldn’t be etching...would it?

Save    
PRO
Flo Mangan

No that isn’t etching. Etching actually eats into stone. Maybe if you stack a razor blade and carefully try to remove the spots. It might be some deposit of a mineral from water settling on it.

1 Like Save    
PRO
Flo Mangan

Not “stack”. “Take” a single edge razor blade.

Save    
kjoy1

Good thought Flo. Thanks!

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Hey Kjoy..well it really is pretty...it may just be on the surface and can be removed with a razor blade....than seal it.....but before sealing make sure they are just surface dirt that comes off...do you own a drill with a buffer attachment? They are amazing I use it in my garden tub to shine it up...

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

When using the Weiman or any marble cleaner...spray it on and let it set for a while than lightly wipe it...wait until dry and buff with clean soft rag..letting it set for a bit is key!

Save    
kjoy1

Hi @Julie Zygmontowicz :) IF I can get the spots off do you still like it for the bathroom or should I start my search over? While pretty it looks completely different than the online picture. I know there is no guarantee with natural stone tops because they are all different and unique but this one has no brown/tan that initially drew us to it initially.

Save    
poollivingthedreamnow

I think it's too busy looking, personally. Just...not very pretty. I know natural stone varies, but I'd expect it to look something like the advertisement. This looks nothing like it.

Did you ever call around at stone places? Or price out quartz options at Lowes or HD?

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Arabescato Venato marble should have some warmth in it...I don’t think it is the right marble top as advertised🤷🏼‍♀️

I don’t mind that one very interesting veining....how does the white shower curtain look with it and the floor tile?

Save    
kjoy1

Hi Pool :) I am worried about it looking too busy as well especially with my wallpaper. I looked at both quartz and stone and Lowe’s. They ranged from $500 - 1000. Most $1000. At that price point I might as well have gotten a new vanity with the top included. I almost feel like I should go with something super vanilla and boring like this

And then instead of painting the wainscoting white (because I would have white toilet, vanity top, and shower curtain) maybe I should do a very light gray Colosseum instead. IDK just thinking out loud.

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

@Julie Zygmontowicz that is what my husband and I thought as well. That they sent us the wrong one. But it says Arabescato Venato on the box 🤷‍♀️

Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

Can you put the wallpaper...white shower curtain and marble together for me...I think it is pretty and with all the white wainscoting next to it so beautiful...better than solid white for sure...

Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

That marble with the veining and the flower wallpaper is oh so french!

Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

Look at this! It is gorgeous together!

3 Likes Save    
kjoy1

It is pretty HIWE 😊 First things first I will try and get those darn spots off 🤞

Save    
mary44

Hi Kjoy...I went on HD website and read some of the reviews to see if I could help you find out what maybe those spots are from and how to get rid of them but really didn't see anything similar. A few reviews did mention that theirs did not have any tan or warm tones in them as well.

Even at that I do agree with Julie that it still will look beautiful with all your other choices. :)

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Awe Mary! Thank you for trying to help me 🙏

Save    
Seajay Sparkles

Kjoy. I came across this article. You might find it useful and informative.

https://www.countertopspecialty.com/remove-water-stains-on-carrara-marble.html

2 Likes Save    
kjoy1

Excellent article Seajay! Thank you 🙏

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Any update on the countertop?

Save    
kjoy1

Working on it today @Julie Zygmontowicz. I tried leaving the Weiman cleaner/sealer on a small spot for 10 minutes and it seemed to work. So now I have proceeding to give the entire top a soaking spray. Cross your fingers 🤞

3 Likes Save    
Julie Zygmontowicz

🤞🤞🤞🤞

Save    
shelleysmith999

Seajay Sparkles, that article is just what I needed. Thank you.
Kjoy, I can’t wait to see this finished, it’s going to be stunning!!! I’ve been following several threads that this whole group has been participating in. It’s such a kind and fun group. I find myself laughing along and tune in each day to learn more and more.
I just moved into a new house and would love the help of any/all!!!

It’s...”I’m overwhelmed and don’t know where to start”

6 Likes Save    
DD Deco

🤞😉

Save    
Molly

How did things go today kjoy?

Save    
kjoy1

Hi shelley :) Welcome and thank you 🥰 Congrats on the new house 🏡 I will look for your thread!

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Weiman soak worked! Woot! Woot!

6 Likes Save    
mary44

That's awesome KJoy...so glad it worked. :)

1 Like Save    
Seajay Sparkles

Yay! Perseverance. Kjoy. There’s a commercial on TV for “Goli” and the beautiful girl with long red hair reminds me of you. Have you seen it?

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

I have seen that commercial Seajay! Hubby also commented that I look like her 💃...on my good days 😎

2 Likes Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Kjoy so happy it cleaned it up!

Save    
Seajay Sparkles

Any thing going on at your house, Kjoy.

Save    
PRO
Home Interiors with Ease

Good morning...I still don’t get notifications so wanted to check in...any ETA for wallpaper?

Save    
kjoy1

Hi guys:) Sorry I have been working the last couple of days. DH is back at work so I only get the benefit of his handy work on the weekends. So hopefully we can get the counter top on this weekend 🤞I do have some questions. Let me gather my thoughts and post them in a bit.

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Question #1 I bought this sealer. Sufficient?

Or do I need something like this?

Save    
kjoy1

Question #2 Do I need to look for a marble safe hand soap? We currently use a foaming dial soap. Am I overthinking this?

Save    
kjoy1

😬

Save    
Seajay Sparkles

I should think the Weiman’s would be enough. I think you’re attuned to not letting water sit on counter. Keep a hand towel handy so boys can mop up spilled water. They’ll get the hang of it after you’ve nagged them a few thousand times 😉. Yup to overthinking hand soap.

Save    
kjoy1

Ok Seajay :) Thanks! I will try to stop overthinking 🤪

Save    
Parker Murphy

I thought you used Weimans already to get the spots off? I still haven't cleaned by bathroom vanity yet. Scared!! I never thought about it before my new vanity. I just used scrubbing bubbles!

Save    
kjoy1

Top is in!

4 Likes Save    
niccidhg

Oh, Kjoy ! It looks even better on the cabinet than it did on its own ! It looks great ! I can’t get over how you have transformed your entire vanity into this lovely furnituresque looking beautiful feature from what it used to be. The feet, the color, the marble, the sconces - LOVE IT ALL ! The gorgeous faucet is yet to come, too. That will be just gorge.

4 Likes Save    
cubby14

Great job kjoy, this is coming along beautifully.

2 Likes Save    
kjoy1

Thanks Nicci 🙏 I am loving it all too! Trying to seal it and put in faucet today 🤗 Next...wallpaper...oh my 🤞

2 Likes Save    
kjoy1

Slowly but surely Cubby. Thank you!

1 Like Save    
cubby14

I can't wait to see the wallpaper in. I'm back to looking at wallpaper again too, this time for my living room. One of these days I'll finally call this place done.

2 Likes Save    
Seajay Sparkles

Looks so good kjoy. Glad you went with paint first. . . win.

2 Likes Save    
mary44

KJoy top looks beautiful! It is all coming together so nicely.....can’t wait for the wallpaper 😊

1 Like Save    
Parker Murphy

So happy for you Kjoy! Its going to be beautiful!!

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Seajay I am so glad I tried painting first as well. Looks so unique. Definitely not builder grade anymore 🤗

Save    
kjoy1

Thank you Parker! I think so too. Mary I am nervous about doing the wallpaper 😬

Save    
kjoy1

The things this man does for me ❣️

9 Likes Save    
niccidhg

‼️

1 Like Save    
niccidhg

You are worth it , Kjoy 😉.

1 Like Save    
cubby14

I know, it's so nice to have someone to do these things for us. Good man!

2 Likes Save    
Molly

Lucky you! My guy is not handy, but he likes to cook. 🥰

3 Likes Save    
kjoy1

He is a good man ❤️ I am lucky. Molly he does all the cooking in our house as well

5 Likes Save    
cubby14

Cooks too! Mine doesn't do that.

2 Likes Save    
Molly

Jackpot kjoy! 😉

4 Likes Save    
mary44

He’s a keeper ! 😊

4 Likes Save    
ladma

The vanity looks beautiful! You guys should be proud of how your vision is coming to life. Sounds like he’s a keeper, Kjoy

2 Likes Save    
Nora Lambert

Oh Kjoy, absolutely stunning. You picked a keeper for sure. Mine is handy, but definitely does not cook.

2 Likes Save    
Linda

Love how your vanity turned out! Can’t wait to see it all...

1 Like Save    
kjoy1

Ladma feeling proud 😊

3 Likes Save    
kjoy1

Thank you Nora. Handy is good...cooking is just extra credit 😉

2 Likes Save