SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindy_turnbow

Help !?! Paint Color & design question...

Cookiecutter
5 years ago

Hopefully this is not a duplicate of my other post...first timer and attached too many pictures :) so hopefully those posts will just be deleted. Apologize if this is a duplicate. This post is for kitchen, dining area & laundry room. Will post about the living room separately.

Remodeling whole house in SoCal, I'm a neutral girl (afraid of colors) trying to complete the Coastal feel in my house. Inspiration came from staying at a beach house in NC 2 years ago & a site called "Sand&Sisal". Painters will be here in about 5 days so I'm getting very nervous !!

House is 1250 sq ft, has 8' ceilings, kitchen is galley attached to dining on right & laundry on left (laundry separated by framed glass doorway that is mostly open). Kitchen measures about 10x12, dining 10x6 and laundry 6x10 . Living room is right off the dining area. Kitchen & Dining get fair amount of light. New kitchen cabinets will be WHITE SHAKER, backsplash is SHIMMER-AZUL from Arizona Tile (blue/green beach glass type) and countertop is CAMBRIA TORQUAY. For kitchen saw on Cambria's site a coordinating color to the Torquay is Barren Plain (SW or BM), sampled it & kind of like it. Barren Plain appears to be a griege-ish color. Thinking neutral bc backsplash has blue/green but am open to suggestions. Laundry I tried SW Top Sail, it's a 'powder' or 'baby' blue on my wall. Next to it did Tidewater but think that may be too 'strong' for the transition between kitchen & laundry since you can see the back wall of the laundry room from the dining area so looking for a transition color. Design question is I'm considering building a banquette (white) from the window on the left of the dining area around the corner to the window on the right & then a sort of narrow / tall white cabinet on the right side of the window, maybe to tie in with the kitchen cabinets. Good / bad idea ? May be too crowded ? Instead of banquette just a small table & chairs ?

REALLY appreciate any and all help as I couldn't figure out colors if my life depended on it !! Thanks SO very much !!!

Living room to dining / kitchen

Kitchen to laundry room

Laundry back to dining area

Comments (32)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH