SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whitney_sellers

Floor plan update! Advice needed!

Whitney S
5 years ago

Hi all! I am back with a completely new and revised floor plan and would like to get some honest feedback. Our last floor plan that I posted gave us quite a bit of feedback and things to discuss and redo with our designer.

A couple of notes on the house and areas that I am looking for suggestions and feedback on:

• The front of the house faces east. Our lot is just over an acre and a pie shape that is approximately 250 feet wide in the front.
  • We are not bothered by the location of the kitchen in the house. We do not feel it is necessary to put it on the back of the house, and like where it is located. *This was such a hot topic in my last post, so I feel the need to clarify that we are 100% fine with where it is located.
  • As drawn, there is a built in space in the breakfast nook for shelving/cabinets. I am considering using this space as a mom's desk/homework desk that would still utilize the same space, but face in towards the hall. Any feedback on this would be helpful as we try to decide which option would be utilized better.
  • Would it be better have the patio door that is currently in the game room in place of where the linen closet is right outside of the game room? If we go the route of putting a mom's desk here, I don't think that would be an option anymore.
  • We are fine with having the jack and jill bathroom for the secondary bedrooms. Again, this was another hot topic.
  • We would really love to get separate closets in the master bathroom, but we have been having a hard time getting that to fit without adding too much extra square footage. We also would like to add a linen closet in the master bathroom somewhere.
  • Thoughts on the study configuration?

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Comments (33)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm