SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ericchungtak_tam

Shutters: Norman Woodlore vs Norman Woodlore Plus vs Graber MDF/Wood

Hello Everyone,

I've been trying to search the internet for help with answering the question above. We would like to have shutters for all 22 windows in our new home.

I've talked to 3Day Blinds, Home Depot and Costco to get quotes and obviously each designer says that the product their selling is the best and the other ones are not worth you money.

More info:

- I have two young kids. Imagining they'll be loving to play with the tilt bar and breaking it

- We live in Bay Area, California

- Only one window is in a toilet bathroom area adjacent to the shower

- Our home is a neutral grey white palette and our base boards and moldings are white. We plan to just get white shutters

So I've been trying to get answers or more information about the four options we have:

1) Norman's Woodlore (MDF Core) - 10 K to 13 K (depending on options like invisitilt and provider)

2) Norman's Woodlore Plus (ABS Structure) - 11 K to 14 K (depending on options and provider)

[Does anyone know if this is hollow inside? (cannot find it on any article about the design]

3) Graber MDF - 13 K life time warranty

4) Graber Wood Shutters - 16 K life time warranty

Option 1 is the cheapest with Option 4 being the most expensive. Warranty varies with each provider, some provide life time, some provide 25 years and some only provide 5 years (ex. 3Day blinds for wood shutters for some strange reason)

How does one choose between material, brands and warranty length? Please help!!! I'm a first time home owner and really confused

Comments (8)