SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stjoe56

Cost to do a bathroom

LJ
5 years ago

I am in the process of redoing my kitchen and bathroom. I told the story about my kitchen dilemma in another post.

So I am talking to a couple of bathroom designers and am told I should expect to spend $15-$20K redo my bathroom. I cannot understand why it is so expensive..

Assume my bathroom is composed of three parts: (1) built-in shower with glass doors, (2) vanity one sink, and (3) a toilet area.

I am not replacing the flooring; (2) I am not replacing/touching the shower area: (3) the toilet area also is not being touched; and (4) lighting is not being touc

What I am doing is replacing a 70.5 inch cabinet, removing wall to wall mirrors from the cabinet top to the ceiling and replacing the built in medicine cabinet with a new model and moving the sink from the right side of the cabinet to the middle.

Now I have priced some cabinets at local shops. Since this is a bathroom, it will not be a fancy cabinet. Cabinets should run me from $2500+. I plan to use a corian or similar countertop, etc.

So what am I missing. Where are these $15-$20K ball part estimates coming from?

Or is this just a case of them talking about the average cost and not considering what actually is being done?

Also given the limited nature of what I plan to actually do, what do you think the price range should be.

Thanks

LJK

Comments (10)