SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kali_deere

Eroding Garden bed - possible solution?

kali_deere
5 years ago

Hello -

One of my gardens seems to be eroding quite quickly.

Part of the problem is that it's on a significant slope.

The garden itself it still only 2 years old since we just moved in and the previous owner didn't have much growing here even though the beds were already dug out.

Because of some massively heavy rains we've had quite a bit of erosion.

There a tiny crack in the concrete that we plan on having our contractor fix. However as far as the erosion - I'm not sure that's something he handles. I was thinking about having the garden terraced to control water flow more (as well as make it more appealing) like this but with only 2 or 3 levels

Is this something I could potentially do myself or should I just pay to have someone do it?

I don't need the levels to be particularly high. I created a poorly drawn mock-up of where the levels would be in comparison to the concrete of the house. Green lines are the approximately levels of grass/grade, orange would be a side view of the walls. Blue of course is the house outline and concrete. I would consider only doing 2 levels and getting rid of the lowest one and just turning that portion into flat grass since it's a very awkward space near my driveway

Comments (17)