SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cjcjmpls

Tiny kitchen design dilemmas

cjcjmpls
5 years ago
Hey, everyone! We’re going to re-do our kitchen in order to add a built-in dishwasher and a clothes washer-dryer combo. All appliances will be a compact 24”. We will lose a lot of lower cabinet space, but our hope is that it having these appliances in our condo will add some ease to our lives :)

The pictures show the four walls of our kitchen. Each wall has a door that goes somewhere, and the third picture/wall also has a radiator and a circuit breaker box.

I could really use your advice as I plan a new layout. Here are my questions:
1. Would you suggest having the fridge on wall 2 or 3?
-if I keep both the oven and the fridge on wall 2, I’d have a 12-inch cabinet/surface to the left of the oven.
-If I move a fridge to wall 3, I’d have about 35-40 inches of cabinet/counter next to the oven. I’d try to find a counter-depth fridge.

2. If I keep the fridge on wall 2, what do you suggest for wall 3? A) A kitchen cart under the pots and pans rack, with some shelves over the radiator. B) Make or buy a hutch with prep space and/or a pull-out cutting board. Put shelves or something above the radiator. C) A whole other wall of cabinetry with or without counter space D) Other (My fear with options B and C is that they would make the kitchen seem smaller and more enclosed than it already is.

Thanks in advance for your insights!

Comments (2)