SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bee791

Changed guest room queen bed to twins, now it looks too small, HELP!

bee791
5 years ago

My grands are too old to share a bed, so I changed from a queen to twin size beds. I have tried several positions... but on the window wall, the beds interfered with the plantations shutters and looked straight into the bathroom. So I placed the beds on the only solid wall. There is 26 inches of space on each side and 18 inches between them. The bedding is orange, taupe and white. I need your advice as to how to make the most of this small space. I tried putting white scalloped mirrors over both beds but they were to small. I tried white furry benches at the ends of the beds but they didn’t seem to work either. My problem is balance and scale, and the fact that I can’t pull this room together. I lack the ability to see the completed picture. I would appreciate any advice you have. My style is mostly traditional and timeless but... I’m trying to make this room a little more transitional with more updated colors. I know a rug would help but unsure of what to look for. Thank you for looking at my project and for any suggestions you might have.

Comments (90)