SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nj_mom

Lighting help! Can't decide on style/size!

NJ Mom
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We've finally chosen the finishes we like, and need to figure out lighting.

We will have an eight foot island, so I think we can go with either three smaller pendants, or two medium-sized ones. I would also like to get a new fixture for above the dining room table, as the current one won't match once the wall is opened up. I want to go with something a bit "pretty and feminine", but it's hard to find that in Oil-Rubbed Bronze. We have 8' ceilings.

I also need some ammunition to convince my husband that we need more recessed lights, and that warm white is too yellow. He likes the look of 4" cans, but thinks we would only need 4 or 6 of them. He also hate-hate-hates the "blue/cool" LED lights. (There's also the perpetual issue of me needing lots of light to feel comfortable and him always saying I don't need so many lights, turning half of them off and plunging me into semi-darkness.) What's a good light temperature that won't be too yellow, but stays away from the "blue/cool" end of the spectrum?

Kitchen finishes · More Info

Here are the finishes we've selected (the colors on the computer are a bit off from real life).

We will get Oil-rubbed bronze drawer pulls.

Counters are Cambria Newport.

ORTIGIA 15X15 · More Info

Fancy Handpainted Italian Ceramic Backsplash! (We're not fancy people, this is our "splurge"). The tiles are 3X3. (The color is off in this picture, the cabinets do go with the backsplash in real life.)

"Before" pictures · More Info

The kitchen will be open to the dining room, which currently looks like this. The light fixture will probably be changed, but I don't know what kind to get that will be a consistent look.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH