SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_7894789

Has anyone installed MSI calacatta lago? I would love to see pics.

User
5 years ago

I saw this in a slab today and would like to see it in a kitchen. I'm not finding anything on-line or in discussions. Has anyone purchased or installed this quartz?

Comments (87)

• Ruth Christian
    3 years ago

These are probably the best two representations right now. The pictures I took tonight make the quartz look darker than it is and I wont send. It's not that dark. the base of this quartz is a slight greyish white with grey veining. I will take some pictures this weekend in day light and post.

My counter tops are Calacatta Botanica and the backsplash is MSI marble called framework from Home Depot.

• Jessica
    3 years ago

Thank you!!!

• Related Discussions

Has anybody had Caesarstone calacatta nuvo countertop installed?

Q

Comments (59)
    What are good wall colors for this combination? I'm installing a Calacatta Novo countertop with white high-gloss IKEA upper cabinets and Voxtorp walnut look base cabinets. Using simple 3x6 white subway tiles for backsplash with gray grout and Rawtech white tiled floor (looks like light concrete). I'm thinking of introducing some greige to shake things up instead of a more typical white like Simply White or Cloud Nine (which looks great in the pictures above!) - Worn Leather Shoe, Upper West Side, or Quicksand looked interesting in the Benjamin Moore online program. Any tips?
    ...See More

Has anyone ever used MSI Q Stellar White as a kitchen counter?

Q

Comments (14)
    Oh no the sparkle is definitely very subtle. In the 9x13 sample I have there are only a few of those sparkly flecks so its not very noticeable really unless the light hits it right. It’s not at all like those other “sparkle” quartzes. I had my heart set on it was so sad when I discovered it’s more off-white 😢 the Stonemark I assume is the same as the MSI Perla White (I feel like stonemark and msi must be the same company?) and I considered that too but up close it was just too cloudy looking, imo.
    ...See More

Has anyone installed Caesarstone White Attica countertops? Can I see?

Q

Comments (2)
    I’d like to see white Attica countertops and backsplash, with light pale modern cabinets.
    ...See More

Has anyone used MSI Calacatta Botanica Quartz for kitchen countertops?

Q

Comments (21)
    Our painter has done many homes' cabinets. They use a semi-gloss and it looks great. Just not sure how long-lasting it will be. (We will probably sell in 5 years.). The veining on the Botanica is pretty light. The older version of it - when it was made in China - was much darker.
    ...See More
  • Gem Angel
    3 years ago

Hi All, I am looking to get the Calacatta Lago in my kitchen however I have espresso colored cabinets as opposed to white. Still think it would look nice? My top 2 choices from MSI were Calacatta Lago and Azul Imperiale for the hues of blue mixed in. Jist curious how you guys think it will look with espresso colored cabinets. Thanks in advance!

• Gem Angel
    3 years ago

Here are the espresso cabinets I was referring to... disregard the back splash as I will be changing that out as well

• Jessica
    3 years ago

Hi! I am not a pro. What are your floors? Perhaps a pic of the whole kitchen?

• Ruth Christian
    3 years ago

Hi Gem Angel, as Jessica mentioned, it's helpful to see a broader picture of the kitchen and the other elements in the environment such as the flooring. Also the style your are trying to create is important.

Azul Imperiale is a stunning bold statement piece but if it's going on the countertops, I feel it would be too dark and heavy on espresso cabinets.

Calacatta Lago could work but it's a pretty cold look. I would look towards pulling the browns out of the cabinet color with MSI Calacatta Laza, Verona or Valentin. Calacatta Arno is also very nice with a hint of gold in the veining.

• Gem Angel
    3 years ago

Thank you both! I went on MSI surfaces website and uploaded a picture of my kitchen with both the Azul Imperiale and Calacatta Lago. Let me know what you guys think!

• Stefanie Alexander
    3 years ago

@Jessica, I didn't go with lago. I wasn't that brave. Instead, I found MSI Statuary Classique. While I love lago, I could not find a backsplash to go with it which is ultimately why I decided against it. I still believe it is the most stunning marble-look quartz.

• Gem Angel
    3 years ago

Ok we ruled out azul imperiale. Our decision will be between calacatta lago quartz or zermat quartzite

• Ruth Christian
    3 years ago

Stefanie, I'm not sure how I missed your request for pictures. I just feel horrible. I have been so engrossed with business maybe that's how I missed it. My sincerest apologies! I would love to see your project with Statuary Classique.

• Gem Angel
    3 years ago

• Ruth Christian
    3 years ago

Gem Angel, love that tool! Both are very nice.

• Ruth Christian
    3 years ago

Gem Angel, for some reason I can see your post in email but not in Houzz. Love Zermat quartzite more than Lago for your space. Still like to see the other options I sent you in your space however only you know your style & sight lines, to make that decision.

• Sun
    3 years ago

@Gem Angel hope you got to see the slabs in person (bring home some samples) before picking the final candidates

• Ruth Christian
    3 years ago

Agree!

• Gem Angel
    3 years ago

Thanks all! MSI is 2 hours each way from us so we were trying to make the decision without having to make a 4 hour trek. However we made an appointment to go visit the showroom on Monday. We sincerely appreciate everyone's advise and kind words. Such a huge decision for us. We are 1st time home owners and truth be told we spent a much time in the kitchen around the island and in general cook a lot! There were some gorgeous marble pieces I fell in love with (Fantasy Brown and Calacatta Marble) however as I understand it is not recommended to have marble counter tops in the kitchen...

• Candace
    2 years ago

I love my MSI Calacatta Lago quartz countertops. It’s bold but elegant. Wipes down well & I was even able to get permanent marker to come out w/ rubbing alcohol w/ no damage to the surface. My fabricator included 2 cutting-boards w/ the left over pieces. The lago does have a grey undertone but my walls are grey so it matches well.

• Candace
    2 years ago

I think it turned out well

• Ruth Christian
    2 years ago

It's beautiful! Love it going up as backsplash!

• Gem Angel
    2 years ago

We just installed it for both our kitchen countertops as well as backsplash

• Candace
    2 years ago

Jen Angel, I would love to see photos of your kitchen. When we were deciding if the lago was what we really wanted it was hard to find photos of it in an actual kitchen. This decision board was only place I found photos to help me decide if I really wanted to go with such a bold/deep grey veining.

• Ruth Christian
    2 years ago

I would love to see it too!

• Gem Angel
    2 years ago

• Candace
    2 years ago

It looks stunning!!

• Ruth Christian
    2 years ago

It's so beautiful, it came out perfect, just stunning. Boy that visualizer is pretty amazing!

I remember seeing your post months ago using it while you were deciding. Very helpful especially having to commit to that drive to MSI. Congratulations!!

• Gem Angel
    2 years ago

Thank you!

• Elizabeth
    2 years ago

Hi, we are renovating our kitchen and I love the Lago quartz, it's hands down my favorite. Has anyone tried Lago with SW Repose gray cabinets?

• Ruth Christian
    2 years ago

I bet it would be beautiful. Lago is pretty cold but RG just might be a stunning compliment with the blue undertone in the paint. I would be more than happy to pickup a color chip and take a picture of it on the Lago quartz if that helps :)

• Gem Angel
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Our cabinets are a mocha color which actually looked great with the Calacatta lago. Yesterday we painted all the walls a light gray from Sherwin Williams and its just stunning. Se went with an Emerald which is top notch and in doing so were able to go keep the color flat. It really brings everything together and to be honest doesn't look cold at all which I was worried about

• Sharon C
    2 years ago

I think it will be beautiful....I actually wanted charcoal cabinets, but with my lighting it was too dark - but it looked great based on the sample! (I went with white - I was the first poster of pictures....2+ years ago). :-) . I still get copied on the notes - and love to see this stone used!

• Elizabeth
    2 years ago

Ruth, that would be so helpful, thank you!

Sharon, your kitchen is just gorgeous!

• Ruth Christian
    2 years ago

Hi Elizabeth, I was heads down cleaning rugs yesterday, sorry! I'm running out now to get your RG color chip. Let me know if you want any other colors form SW :)

• Ruth Christian
    2 years ago

• Ruth Christian
    2 years ago

I got an 8X8 sticky color sample so it was big enough to see. I had no idea SW had those, I learned something new today! One of the pictures is from the side of my island with the edge of the Lago top. Background cabinet color in that picture for reference is BM pure white.

Hope this helps!

• Elizabeth
    2 years ago

Ruth, that was so kind of you to do! That does help, the repose gray looks really nice with the Lago, very complementary. I am going to go with it, I will post pictures late fall when it it done.

• Ruth Christian
    2 years ago

I'm so glad I could assist! If it wasn't for Sharon starting this post with her beautiful kitchen design and others contributing with their beauties, I would have lost my mind trying to figure out the right quartz color! I'm more than happy to assist others in making the decision :)

The one thing I would say is, I was sort of surprised how Repose Gray blends into the Lago. There isn't much if any contrast between the two so make sure in your space with your lighting this is a the combo that works for you. Wishing you the best of luck with your beautiful kitchen journey and I can't wait to see pictures!

• Elizabeth
    2 years ago

That is true. I am planning on a white backsplash and wall paint to lighten the look. I have been vacillating between light grey and white cabinets, but grey is what I really love and so I am going to go with it. Hopefully it turns out well!

• Deepa Mehra
    2 years ago

does statuary classique needs vain matching? I will have one seam in countertop as base cabinets have angle.

• korea1
    2 years ago

Ideas on back splash? Do O dare ask if there’s any subtle marble tile with minimal movement, that might work? i like the idea of a matching slab section- at least over stove and above sink area.

• Elizabeth
    2 years ago

Our project is finished and we went with a light grey marble tile and love it. I should add that we were initially going to use Calacatta Lago, but due to a helpful comment in this thread about the cabinet and counter colors potentially being too close, we decided to go with Statuary Classique instead.

• Sharon Judson
    2 years ago

We are probably going with Statuary Classique with a blue tile backsplash. We are still looking for a white farmhouse sink. What brand do you get and are you happy with how it looks with your countertop?

• Elizabeth
    2 years ago

Hi Sharon, sink details are below. We absolutely love the sink and the way it looks with the counter top. We get so many compliments on it. It cleans easily, it's not overly deep (so I don't have to bend too much to reach the bottom), and the water drains perfectly. Would highly recommend.

CELAENO 30 inch White Farmhouse Sink, Fireclay Porcelain Single Bowl Apron-Front Kitchen Sink, Reversible Ceramic Farm Sink with Strainer & Protective Bottom Grid

• Ruth Christian
    2 years ago

Elizabeth, your kitchen came out stunning!! love everything! Did you go with repose gray on the cabinets? They are beautiful!

• Elizabeth
    2 years ago

Ruth, yes, we went with Repose Gray and love it. It was your comment about the other quartz being too close in color to Repose that made me rethink and go with Statuary Classique, and I'm so glad we did. Thank you again!

• Ruth Christian
    2 years ago

You are most welcome! Statuary Classique is so stunning in your space. I just love it and that backsplash, so beautiful! Your inquiry actually made me take a closer look at Repose Gray as well on our perimeter cabinets and or possibly walls so THANK YOU!

• kittykim59
    2 years ago

I have been trying to decide on a quartz color for the past two months and I am getting more confused everyday as I explore new options. I have just found this very helpful feed about Calacatta Lago and I absolutely love it!! Not sure if it is available near me though. I have not seen any projects on this forum that used Calacatta Lago with navy blue cabinets. This is for our beach house in Gulf Shores, Alabama and thought I would do something a bit more bold than I would at my primary home. My concerns are that everything may look too dark. I have a fairly large stand alone L-shaped island with 6 stools around it. My navy cabinets are scheduled to be delivered in just a few weeks and I'm really anxious to make a decision about my quartz selection this week!! I plan on using the same quartz for both my island and my counters and the cabinets will all be navy blue. If I do go with Clacatta Lago, I will definitely be going with an all white or off white subway tile in order to make the Calacatta Lago the centerpiece of the kitchen. What's your thoughts about using CL on island and counters with all navy cabinets?

• kittykim59
    2 years ago

Well, I just called MSI and sadly was told that Calacatta Lago has been discontinued and is no longer available. Anyone have a suggestion that is very close to the natural marble look of Calacatta Lago with the same color veins?

• Ruth Christian
    2 years ago

Wow, that's heartbreaking. I'm so sorry. Sad becasue it seems to have a following and its very pretty. I have it on my island a few pictures up and just changed the paint color to SW Serious Gray which throws a blue hue. Really pleased with the outcome. I can tell you that Lago's base color is not white or off white, it's a gray. One of the closest colors I have found that matches that color gray is SW Repose Gray if that helps. If you want more white to brighten the Navy, Lago might not have been the one. What color navy will the cabinets be? That undertone in the color might help you pick a quartz

• Pc Smith
    last year

@kittykim59: I was sad to read this, BUT I had my fabricator call around the various MSI distribution centers near our area and they had some left! So even though the main MSI company you called will tell you it's discontinued (it is), there are slabs still in existence. You can search by location using their inventory tool: https://www.msisurfaces.com/slabinventory/search/msi/ . Hope this helps!

• Ruth Christian
    last year

Awesome!!