SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vicky_miller4

Newbie gardener - help with succulent ID & care please!

Vicky Miller
5 years ago

Hello all,

I have only recently started to look after plants in my home and must admit am not naturally green-thumbed! I am now determined to save these succulents that have been on my balcony for five years with no care or attention.

After some online research I believe they are Echeveria but would appreciate confirmation! I started giving them some water earlier this year but they seem to be doing worse than ever! I did also move them around a bit which may have unsettled them, they were all over to one side of the pot and gorwing over the edge (some still are as you can see in the photo) and I shifted them back to the soil. Perhaps this was a bad move. I think I should probably repot them into a more suitable pot - they were here when I moved into the house, the pot is massive and I have no idea whether the soil is right.

I live in an apartment in Milan and the hot morning sun shines directly onto the balcony, like I said they were fine on their own for 5 years but seem to be suffering now. I would be very grateful for any tips on repotting and care. My thought was to put them into smaller balcony planters with a succulent soil mix.

Many thanks in advance!

Vicky

Comment (1)