SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vicki_burkhardt

Neem oil / Sevin damage to pepper plants?

Vicki
5 years ago

Hello,

I planted a huge in-ground garden this year - just over 3,000 square feet. It's a dream come true garden. I have a 30-ft row of beautiful pepper plants - all types. We were inundated with Japanese beetles and I panicked. I first sprayed Neem oil diluted to 2T per gallon with 1/2 tsp dish liquid. This didn't affect the beetle population (checked the next day). So I mixed up Sevin liquid and applied 3 days later. The beetles are gone, but all my pepper plants are wilting. Some have browned edges to the leaves on the top of the plant - not on the bottom. (The peppers were not in flower).

I know I sprayed the Sevin after 7pm but can't remember what time of day I sprayed the Neem - it may have been around 11am - 1pm, but I can't remember for sure.

I've checked for any bugs on the peppers but there are none. There's no sign of chewing damage. There doesn't appear to be typical "bottom-up" fungus damage going on. Do you think it was from the sprays I used? How should I fix it? I sprayed the Sevin 3 days ago now.

Thanks for any help!

Comments (2)