SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

Replacing coffee table with large ottoman

IdaClaire
5 years ago

SueB's post regarding ottomans started me thinking seriously about something I've considered off and on for quite some time. Below are photos of our living room. There are only two of us and cats -- and the cats typically claim the wingback chair next to the fireplace, so we rarely sit there. The Stickley bench beneath the large painting is occasionally used when we have a guest and need an extra seat. DH and I mostly sit/lounge on the Chesterfield sofa and chair to watch TV or just enjoy the fire. I really like our coffee table -- the style, size, and shape of it just feel right to me -- but more often than not, I find myself putting my feet up on it, and having been raised in a household where I was taught not to put my feet on the furniture, I always feel a twinge of guilt! I like the height of the coffee table when used for its intended purpose, but it's a bit too tall for putting one's feet up. That said, I've started thinking about replacing it with a large ottoman, but don't quite know what style or shape to choose in that regard. I'd like to be able to put my feet up on it from either the leather sofa or matching chair. I've seen some nice-looking leather, tufted ottomans, but that might be too much sameness in this space. Would appreciate suggestions on style and shape of ottoman to pursue. I would add a tray on top of the ottoman so we'd still have a place for a cup of coffee.

(As an aside, I'm not changing anything else in this space, so uninterested in off-topic recommendations. Thanks!)

Comments (34)