SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elena_nuta

need help with backsplash ideas

Elena Nuta
5 years ago
hi all, I'm looking for some help with picking a backsplash. Appliances are stainless, perimeter cabinets are high gloss white, island is BM Champion Cobalt, countertop is Vicostone Misterio, surrounding walls are BM Balboa Mist. I'm not crazy about the light fixtures, but will need to deal with that later on, at this point we just need to get things ready to move in already.

The tile will go up to the ceiling at the window and above the stove (and there will be a chimney range hood, just a simple pyramid stainless hood).

Originally we thought just white subway tile with white grout, but I think that's just too much white (the countertop is very white with some veining) I've also thought we should have done a gray-ish countertop but that boat had sailed now.

So now I'm thinking matte white subway tile with a darker grout, maybe a blueish grout to tie back to the island? Or maybe just gray grout similar to the countertop veining.

Another idea is a matte light gray subway tile.

I've also thought of a metallic tile, but I worry that won't look very good with the range hood (metal on metal...)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (19)