SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alobsing

Condo design dilemma- This ugly thing needs help and love!

alobsing
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello! My project is a small condo (700 sq ft) in prime WA ski country. We are a young family- husband and I are in our early 30's with two kiddos under two. We'd love this place to be clean, fun- Scandinavian vibe. Simple but more "fun" than our Seattle home. It is a vacation get-away. Eventually we will do a full kitchen/floor renovation but for now we just want to make this space the best we can with decor/furnishings. My first thought is to paint the whole room one color (looking at Creamy SW) because it's a north facing room and I'd love to brighten it up. The brown kitchen cabinets and fireplace kind of kills me. We'll be buying a nice new sectional (eyeing this in a neutral/greige: https://www.sleepersinseattle.com/product/fabric/true-corner-sectional/soho-true-sectional-3-cushion-queen-sleeper-lazar/) and a new coffee table (ideally round/not wood) but I'm open to ideas. I need help with design in terms of colors of couch, curtains, lighting fixtures, shelving/storage, general decor. I love the idea of popping some shade of blue in there since it's a creek side mountain condo and it reminds me of the water outside. Mostly I just need ideas of how to make this small space look bright/clean/more modern. I know I'll be working with a nice clean slate once all this awful furniture is gone and the walls are painted.

Pinterest Board

Comments (10)