SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
morgan_wiley9770550

SANSEVIERIA 9-1-1! Soggy dead leaf on otherwise healthy perfect plant!

Morgan Wiley
5 years ago

BACKGROUND: I have have had this gorgeous snake plant for 2.5 years and am super proud that its grown from a 4” little nugget into a gorgeous 2ft+ under my care. It sits by our bay window with several other small plants, is watered ~monthly as needed, is rotated 90ish degrees about every other week, and was repotted it about 3 months ago.

This morning, I went to take it outside to enjoy the nice hot weather with my other cacti/succulents and was devastated and horrified to find a single disgusting, moldy, waterlogged leaf laying like a dead fish across the side of my beautiful plants pot

There is literally NO WAY it was over watered - after having a super gnarly fungus gnat investation that lead to me purging every house plant I owned a few years back, my replacement plants are usually on the cusp of dehydration. The soil in my Sansevieria’s pot and in the pots of all of the plants that are kept next to it are bone dry and there is no vent/door/draft anywhere near that side of the room.

while I would love to hear ideas as to how this could have possibly happened, I’m more concerned with doing What’s best for my plant now that soggy death leaf is here.

I’m going to buy fresh potting soil now (succulent blend from local nursery that is the bomb!) but I’m concerned that repotting again so soon will be too stressful and cause even more damage.

I have A LOT of house plants, but this Snake Plant is one of my very favorites - ANY guidance would be so very appreciated!

Comments (7)