SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Smug Blooms or Not

shive
5 years ago

Here are some from today and yesterday. Rain came through and cooled thing off temporarily.

Smug ffo - I bought this from Woodhenge a year ago in Spring, and it first bloomed when I was out of state. My husband photographed it then, and I thought his camera captured incorrect colors. It bloomed this morning, and I asked myself if it is the right cultivar. It looks vaguely similar to Reed's photo, but the colors are just not the same. No way would I call this petal color near white cream - kinda dirty gray here. The eye is described as rose in the written description, and I thought that meant rose pink from the photo. Maybe it was rose red in the Woodhenge garden. Here it looks plum. We'll see what subsequent blooms look like.

Freudian Slip

Fighting Fire - Poor plant nearly died over the winter. I started Spring with three fans. Now I have one. This very small flower is blooming on a 6-inch scape. I will cut that scape off today, so the plant can conserve its energy.

Heartbeat of Heaven reblooming - The color is light on this bloom, but yesterday's was nonexistent. I'm not sure this plant was meant to grow in Southern climates where the hot temps fade it so badly. It's on the move-out list. The plant was left very wimpy after winter and all the original blooms on two fans were splotchy.

Lost Love lost a lot of it's orange tones this morning. I looked pink to me.

Moonlit Masquerade - I had two scapes that bloomed midseason. The others are blooming late. Weird!

Miss Goldie Gold Digger

Coral Majority

Trance

August Cheer - After six years it finally has one scape the registered height - 34 inches. The other three are about 25 inches tall - the usual in my garden. It will not multiply and is on the move-out list.

More in comments

Comments (15)