SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrswring

Open Concept Living Room + Kitchen Design

Shelby Wring
5 years ago

We just purchased our first home and will be moving in soon. The walls are blue right now, and the ceilings are 20+ ft high, so we're going to hire a painter to repaint them a light tan color - though I'm open to suggestions for paint color, too! We have a couch, a love-seat, and a recliner we're definitely keeping, and a coffee table and two end tables we're considering replacing. The kitchen, dining area, and living room are all in one great room so I'd like for the decor and color scheme to flow well together or match entirely. There is no carpet downstairs so I'd like to put a cozy rug in the living room as we have friends over often and typically wind up sitting on the floor, playing games around the coffee table. I don't want to clutter the area with a bunch of furniture though so I'm torn between keeping our functional coffee table and end tables and opting for something smaller or nothing at all. I would love furniture placement ideas and rug resources. I've looked through a few well known websites for rugs, but haven't found one I like that wasn't over $600. I also need rugs for the kitchen that go well with the living room feel (so no chickens or Italian chefs lol). Suggestions for end tables and coffee tables (or ottomans) would be great, too! Here's a couple photos of the new house with the previous owners furniture in it. Let me know what you think!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider