SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bardzil

Help with recessed lighting placement in bathrooms

bardzil
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I'm confused on recessed lighting placement in my master bath and kids bathroom. Plans are attached.

Master -

1. Should i put 2 recessed lights directly over sinks? I had been planning to center them on the door to the toilet room, but the lighting store just told me that would cause shadows and i should put them over the sinks.

2. I'm also planning to have 3 sconces (1 between mirrors and one on either side of mirrors).

3. I am putting a recessed light in the shower. I had been planning to put a flush mount or small chandelier over the tub. However, if i need to move the recessed lights to over the sink, then i think i would put a flush mount in the center of the room and a recessed light over the tub.

Kids bath -

1. I was going to put 3 recessed lights in the center of the room in a row (2 in main part of bathroom and 1 in shower). However, would it be better to put the two in the main part of the room directly over the sinks?

2. Another alternative would be to use a fllushmount instead of recessed lights. However, would i center the flushmount in room (not including the shower)? Or would i center it in front of the vanity area?

Thanks!

Comments (2)