mamapinky0
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

$/^&

Comments (9)

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    5 years ago

10 pounds of STPP & 5 pounds of Sodium percarbonate. Both from Pro Supply Outlet. My cousin had me show her what to buy and how to do it online...she bought 20 pounds STPP and 10 pounds sodium percarbonate and split with me.

• Jody
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I threw mine away weeks ago. Did you ever test the other STPP with the phosphate test?

I now wonder if Dafna ever actually sold STPP. We all wondered how they could do it so much cheaper than anyone else. Quite a chance for them to take though.

Well, at least we know now not to trust them.

Yes mama, definitely contact them. I dare them to say no one else has complained.

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I notice Dafna has **none available** for any of their products on Amaxon.

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Jody no I haven't tested. I haven't bought a test kit yet and I've not been out of town near the aquarium store.

• Jody
    5 years ago

I couldn't get anything to come up under Dafna over at Amazon except their privacy statement.

They may have been inundated with complaints after word got around over here and possibly over at AW.

Oh BTW, if any of you buy that Vietnamese Tide, don't use it on anything other than whites. It does say on the package that it is for whites, and they are not kidding. It bleached a cotton shirt that got caught up in a load of whites that I used that detergent on. No bleach was in that load. Now I know that if I use that, I don't need any chlorine bleach at all.

• recordaras
    5 years ago

Pro Supply have been my go-to ever since Dafna sent me TSP marked as STPP a few years back. Never an issue! And their sodium percarbonate is great as well. I tend to compare prices on Amazon and Ebay, I think Ebay tends to be a bit cheaper - they have their own store there, so it's also getting sold directly by Pro Supply.

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Recordaras. I had the opportunity to use my Sodium percarbonate from Pro Supply Outlet this morning. It works great. I haven't used this stuff in a good while. I did a load of white socks and since pure sodium percarbonate has no bleach activator the temps need boosted to at least 140F for whitening. I used my very hot cycle and the socks were snowy white.

Jody about the Vietnamese Tide. ..you think they put chlorine in it? ? Or a heavy dose of Sodium percarbonate with a bleach activator? ? Did it strip color or cause fading?

• Jody
    5 years ago

I have already thrown the bags away, so I don't know what the ingredients are. The shirt was an olive green and when it came out and dried, it was almost like tie dyed. Color was faded in some areas, heavily faded in some and almost almond colored in others.