SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosefolly

Reading in July

Rosefolly
5 years ago

Not feeling clever today, so I settled for a basic title.

I like tense, dark, borderline bitter fantasies with a struggle for redemption, The Hunger Games series being a well-known example. I just stumbled upon one such and devoured the first two volumes this weekend. They are Nevernight and Godsgrave by Australian writer Jay Kristoff. I'll have to wait until September of next year for the final volume to be published. Such is the risk of reading an incomplete trilogy.

I have another trilogy problem. I signed up to be one of the people who votes for the Hugo awards this year, something I've never done before. Unfortunately, one of the books is the final volume in a trilogy, Stone Sky by N.K. Jemison. It is likely to be one of the better books. I can't reasonably vote unless I've read it, and I have not yet read the first two books in the trilogy. I can't judge the book unless I read all three. With six nominees, that would mean eight books to read in the next couple of weeks. I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to handle it.

We have an in-law who used work in the entertainment industry and voted on Academy Awards. I wonder if he worried about his decision the way I am fussing about mine?

Rosefolly

Comments (152)