SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alohakate222

My Review of Adenium Seed Sellers

Kate
5 years ago

Aloha! I went a little crazy and purchased a bunch of seeds from different sellers. I am new to adeniums and got a bit overexcited, BUT I thought this information would be useful for some of you looking to buy adenium seeds online. The reviews are based on my experiences only with regard to the seller, shipping, and germination.

1) Ebay seller awillis21 - 100 assorted adenium seeds. I figured most of these seeds would be the usual pink, however, I wanted to have a lot of seedlings to be able to experiment with since I am new to adeniums, so I purchased this from a US seller for a relatively low price. Shipping and delivery were fast. I planted 30 seeds and got 100% germination.

2) Ebay seller therealflorida101. This seller is based out of Florida. He seemed to have a beautiful selection of Adenium Obesum and great ebay reviews. However, after a few days of purchase, I noticed he had neither shipped the seeds out nor had he contacted me. I contacted him several times with no response.
I then asked for refunds. He finally responded that he would not be able to send the seeds out until weeks later when he was back in town. Needless to say it took a very LONG time for me to receive the seeds. He gave me a partial refund. 90+% germination rate.

3) Ebay seller adeniumcenter - This seller is out of Thailand. I ordered some cool ones like Thai Soco Golden Bell and Arabicum RCN. Shipping was fast considering they came from overseas. 90% germination. Seedlings are HUGE compared to the others. I think it must be because of the type.

4) Ebay seller adenium_ko (aka Mr. Ko) - This seller is out of Taiwan. I ordered a few varieties of Adenium Obesum. Shipping was pretty fast. 90% germination, but they seemed to take a few days longer to sprout than the other seeds I purchased. Seedlings are also generally smaller than others grown around the same time. I'm not sure why that is, (maybe it is something I did but don't realize) but they look healthy.

Aloha,

Kate, adenium newbie enthusiast

PS. I just ordered some from ebay seller kingadenium. I have to figure out where I'm going to put everything. They've taken over my house :)

These are assorted seeds from the awillis21. I'm going away for a few days so I'm trying out different ways of keeping the soil moist while I am away. So far so good.

These are seeds from Mr. Ko. They are smaller in general than the others... I'm comparing to the other adenium seedlings around the same number of days after being planted.

These are from realflorida101 and adeniumcenter. Those Thai Socos are ginormous!!!

Comments (28)