SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ahanson616

Euphorbia Milii, Crown of Thorns help

Hi,

I have two crown of thorns plants that are not blooming and one of them looks like something is a little off. The leaves seem to be turning a lighter color green throughout the center. I know they like more water than most other succulents so I have increased the watering the past two weeks. They get morning sun from about 9:00 to 12:00 and then I have been moving them so they get afternoon sun too. Any suggestions on how to get them to bloom or just how this particular plant looks overall. I have also read so much conflicting info on fertilizers and just recently switched to Dyna Grow Foliage Pro. Earlier in the year (May) I had added some slow release fertilizer to the soil but I prefer the water soluble so I got the Dyna Grow to try out. How much sun is too much sun for these? And is moving them around to get more sun in the afternoon a bad idea? Also the soil I use is very gritty. It is mostly perlite and Chicken grit (crushed granite) and then some top soil added in. The pot is a regular clay pot but I am wondering if I should change it out for a more shallow one? I appreciate any help!

Comments (8)