SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenrose80

Exterior color scheme for 1920’s colonial...in need of help!

greenrose80
5 years ago

Hi all,

Our house will not be painted till next year, but I want to start with the screened porch and garage this summer, so I am trying to choose colors ASAP. We are going to stick with white body, green shutters and reddish brown door, but I am having trouble feeling confident with choosing tones that work together. I want something that will look good in summer, when the house is surrounded by trees and gardens...but also in the snow. Right now I like Alabaster by Sherwin Williams, with Isle of Pines or Olympic Range for shutters and porch trim ( it is a screen porch so I mean the trim that holds the screens, not the house trim per se.) However, I would love recs for other SW colors or Behr, which is cheaper...I didn’t see many samples I loved at Home Depot so kind of stumped there.

Here are some photos. The house is beautiful inside but the exterior has a lot of wear and tear...will cost a fortune to paint. Wish I could do it myself but terrified of heights...! :)

Thanks for any advice, thoughts, etc.

H.

p.s.Ignore the landscaping...right now we are just tearing out overgrown hedges and waiting for trees to get cut down in July. Garden will go in later this summer!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County