Huckabee Sanders Booted from Restaurant on Moral Grounds

mr1010

Womp Womp. Expect daily health inspections starting Monday and IRS Audit on Tuesday.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/06/23/sarah-huckabee-sanders-restaurant-thrown-out-moral-grounds-trump/

SaveComment477Like6
Comments (477)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilacinjust

SCOTUS! I want a ruling!

3 Likes Save    
chase_gw

But we already know that conservatives support private business owners exerting their beliefs....

21 Likes Save    
petalique

Maybe it is not true. Maybe alternative news.

Maybe the proprietor's deep deep religious beliefs are not compatible with cooking and serving dinners to liars or to agents of a dishonest, traitorous regime.

Maybe SHS was actually trying to sneak in a dinner order for non-traditionally sexually oriented friends or family. You know, that "lifestyle" thing.

I had to fast for five days straight. It won't kill ya (I was told).

8 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

SHS went a lie too far.

5 Likes Save    
lily316

Gotta love it. I'm sure Sarah supported the anti-gay cake baker. This proprietor might have a bias again right wing liars.

9 Likes Save    
mr1010

She has acknowledged it happened in a tweet and msm is carrying the story.

Must be true.

http://news3lv.com/news/nation-world/sanders-says-she-was-asked-to-leave-virginia-restaurant

Yesterday Politico had a story about single WH employees who cannot get a date once

they admit to prospective singles that they work in the WH for POTUS.

Guess word is getting around....birds of a feather and all that....

6 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

She supposedly tweeted she always shows respect to others. I wonder if the members of the press would agree with that.

12 Likes Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

"I always do my best to treat people, including those I disagree with, respectfully and will continue to do so."

SHS is a comedian. Who knew? Maybe she is testing lines for that next career move. Does she not think members of the press are people?

13 Likes Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

patriciae and I had the same take-away on this one. :)

2 Likes Save    
lilacinjust

Do you see Trump supporters picketing and trying to shut the restaurant down?

Surely this injustice and travesty of tolerance will be on David Hogg’s Twitter very soon.

2 Likes Save    
azmom

Well, those White House liars need to take cooking class, as soon they would not have any place to dine.

3 Likes Save    
Kitchenwitch111

Maybe the restaurant owner thought she was a lesbian

Save    
CindyMac(8b)

Discrimination is discrimination. Refusing to bake a cake, make a floral arrangement, or serve a meal. It's all discrimination.

10 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

I love to see respect, compassion, and tolerance on parade. History isn't wrong.

Save    
CindyMac(8b)

I love to see respect, compassion, and tolerance on parade.

Too bad it doesn't exist within the Trump administration.

16 Likes Save    
Lucille(9a)

Comments@redhenlex.com

I sent them a thank you note.

5 Likes Save    
ann_t

"I love to see respect, compassion, and tolerance on parade."

Oh my, you didn't really say that. Not here on a thread about Sarah. You didn't did you? Because if you did, you must be joking.

ETA: Moral grounds seems as good as any since Sarah is morally bankrupt.

5 Likes Save    

Are liars and hypocrites a protected class?

6 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Mrs , do you see this in your leader? Will you answer?

3 Likes Save    
mr1010

Interesting read about young WH 'Trumpies' not welcome in many of DC's better

neighborhoods.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/06/22/trump-millennial-supporters-washington-dc-218833

1 Like Save    
suellen19

Maybe her smell was driving the other diners away...

2 Likes Save    
maifleur01

History has been wrong so many times. That is why you will find books and books about how history was generally written by the winners. History is also written by the losers. The actual truth is some where in between.

Save    
blfenton

It could be something as simple as not wanting a repeat of what happened with Kirstjen Nielsen in the Mexican restaurant in New York. Perhaps he just wanted to protect his customers and restaurant. It appears that working for trump is a hot button issue.

1 Like Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

Business owners make decisions. Sue them if you think you have a case. Or, as conservatives always say, let the market decide if they are wrong. They should be out of business in no time if the consumers disagree with what they did.

1 Like Save    
leona_2008

Road trip!

15 Likes Save    
Eliana

In order for someone to say they approve of trump, who demonstrates his lack of respect, compassion, and tolerance every single day, they give up the right to claim that they themselves embrace those virtues and adhere to them. You can't have it both ways!

14 Likes Save    
loonlakelaborcamp(3 A/B)

They have the right to turn her away. She has the right to mention what happened.

1 Like Save    
lily316

If I'm ever in the area this restaurant will be my go to place to eat. Can't take it righties? You discriminate against gays and blacks every day. ie. Cake baker and Starbucks in Philly. Karma is a b!tch.

Save    
jurasico(7)

Guessing she should also avoid Mexican restaurants.

7 Likes Save    
mr1010

^^^ Yes and I read that Nazi Miller was also run off while in a Mexican Restaurant.

eventually these people will learn they are pariahs.

4 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

chase, the question is, do you see it in yourself? Do you mimic your leader or do you follow your own moral compass? Are you a member of a pack that feels it's ok to leave your moral compass at home when the rest of the pack attacks?

2 Likes Save    
Lucille(9a)

Mrs, why are you avoiding answering Chase's question?

3 Likes Save    
redsox_gw

I love to see respect, compassion, and tolerance on parade

Then try using them in your political party. Even one of the three would be a start. What do you think failure to serve gay weddings will bring about? None of the above. Served cold.

2 Likes Save    
redsox_gw

Are liars and hypocrites a protected class?

Only if over 40. :-)

Save    
chase_gw

Mrs, do you see this in the man you respect? How does one talk about a moral compass when they embrace and defend a man without one?

When we offer support to people with no moral compass we take that on.....it is the responsibility of moral people to speak against immoral behaviour.....even if they agree with certain policies.

It is unfortunate that you seem to have walked from the principles you so passionately defended not that long a ago.

I don;t know about the other Trump supporters here becasue I have never seen a different side of them.....but I have of you and the change makes me sad

Save    
adoptedbyhounds

Get Starbucks on the phone! The employees are clearly bigots, guilty of "unconscious bias," and must be sent for retraining immediately.

3 Likes Save    

What is the basis of the restaurant's alleged bigotry?

Save    
momj47(7A)

Sounds like the restaurant owner has a strongly held belief in honesty and tolerance.

And in Lexington, VA, too boot.

He doesn't even have to be a "christian" to believe that.

4 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

the question is, do you see it in yourself? Do you mimic your leader or do you follow your own moral compass? Are you a member of a pack that feels it's ok to leave your moral compass at home when the rest of the pack attacks?

We know what the RW forum members do, they mimic their Dear Leader, who has no moral compass at all

It's sickening

And I imagine seeing Huckleberry Sanders in a restaurant would sicken the other patrons, so they were right to ask her to leave.

Save    
CindyMac(8b)

I'm hoping many of you are joking. Stop and think about what you're advocating.

5 Likes Save    
Ann

I'm glad it happened and glad about what happened to Nielsen while out to dinner. Keep up the good work, Dems. Let everyone see it again and again.

2 Likes Save    
chijim

In my mind I'm glad SHS got her just desserts - but no, not a fan of kicking her out because it will be a t*t-for-tat by a rightie against somebody gay or a minority - like the cab driver did to the kissing lesbian couple awhile back,

Save    
foodonastump

I can’t cheer for this one. I find it over the top rude and uncalled for.

8 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

chase, I try very hard to treat people like I would like to be treated. I don't take my cues from anyone else. Sarah Sanders has a job that she does well. Perhaps she should take the restaurant owner to the Supreme Court to find if one can be discriminated against because of their employment. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this hatred has gone to far. We've had a congressman shot, protesters showing up in restaurants, protests and vandalism on college campuses, disgusting tweets regarding a young boy who can't even vote, and now a restaurant withholding service based on someone's employment. Does anyone fear a backlash from this? I do. I'm reading elsewhere peoples reactions and I don't like it at all. And stop blaming Trump. We are all responsible for our own words and actions separate from anyone else. Its' just a good excuse for bad behavior.

12 Likes Save    
arthurpym

I see we're back to painting with a broad brush again.

1 Like Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

Don't forget that woman that was killed in Charlottesville, mrskjun. I can't believe the liberals did that .... oh, wait.

3 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Nothing that this proprietor did is any different that what Trump does all the time....and its ALL wrong.

"We are all responsible for our own words and actions separate from anyone else. "

Mrs, how about you "tweet" that to the "leader" of the free world. He is the one setting the standard....a standard that many accept in him but condemn in others.

Trump nor his supporters take ANY responsibility for the hateful, insulting language he uses,,,,,,none..never

11 Likes Save    
P amelaIamela

Yea, It'll be fun to watch America implode.

Save    
Ann

Love your most recent comment, mrskjun!

4 Likes Save    
Lily316

The owner has the right to serve whom ever he/ she wants.

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

"disgusting tweets regarding a young boy who can't even vote"

You talking about Hogg?

Save    
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

Everyone has a responsibility to behave honourably. This restaurateur failed by a mile. He did not do his political beliefs any favours with his boorish behaviour. No bueno, folks.

PS I don’t know why my iPad has me using British spellings. It’s too cumbersome to fix, apologies. I will see what the setting problem is.

6 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

How can you be sure they are "Dems" Ann

Oh right, Dems are the only ones with a moral compass these days.

Thank you for the compliment.

3 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

More details about the incident and the owner.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/06/stephanie-wilkinson/

1 Like Save    
momj47(7A)

Everyone has a responsibility to behave honourably. This restaurateur failed by a mile. He did not do his political beliefs any favours with his boorish behaviour. No bueno, folks.

Why would you think this action was motivated by political beliefs?

the owner didn't want Huckabee Sanders in the restaurant out of "moral conviction."

More than likely it is a sincerely held religious belief to not provide service to a self-avowed racist. And it's legal. Especially after what happened in Charlottesville last year.

1 Like Save    
Ann

I you consider it a compliment if you support the owner in kicking Sarah out because of who she worked for and you consider that using a moral compass, congratulations j47!

1 Like Save    
arthurpym

Everyone has a responsibility to behave honourably.

If only people would hold the president to this standard.

9 Likes Save    
arthurpym

What kind of backlash do you fear, MrsK?

Save    
Ann

How can you be sure they are "Dems" Ann

Just a wild guess:)

2 Likes Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

Well, considering that you call us all 'open border' supporters when we keep saying we're not ... this probably is a relative compliment, Ann.

2 Likes Save    
Pidge

I can hardly bear the sight of Sarah Huckabee Sanders and I think she lies through her teeth nearly every time she opens her mouth, not to mention her really incredible rudeness to reporters. Yet while it may be legal to throw people out of restaurants and stores or put up signs insisting that potential customers speak English, I wish that would not happen. We really need to be fair to each other and respect the beliefs of others even when we don't agree.

And then I imagine what it would be like to sit in the same restaurant with SHS and shudder at the thought.

Edited to add a word.

4 Likes Save    
foodonastump

This isn’t about “rights” as far as I’m concerned, it’s about decency. And while I fully blame Trump - and everyone who has let their inner trash feel empowered by him - for this moral decay we’re witnessing, it’s hypocritical for us to follow suit. Yes, the trumpsters have zero credibility pointing fingers at us, but we should be pointing fingers at ourselves.

#steps off his soap box#

9 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

It seemed unlikely to her that President Trump’s press secretary should be dining at a 26-seat restaurant in rural Virginia. But then, it was unlikely that her entire staff would have misidentified Sanders, who had arrived last to a table of eight booked under her husband’s name.

She won't even use her own name?

As she made the short drive to the Red Hen, Stephanie Wilkinson knew only this:

She knew Lexington, population 7,000, had voted overwhelmingly against Trump in a county that voted overwhelmingly for him. She knew the community was deeply divided over such issues as Confederate flags. She knew, she said, that her restaurant and its half-dozen servers and cooks had managed to stay in business for 10 years by keeping politics off the menu.

And she knew — she believed — that Sarah Huckabee Sanders worked in the service of an “inhumane and unethical” administration. That she publicly defended the president’s cruelest policies, and that that could not stand.

“Tell me what you want me to do. I can ask her to leave,” Wilkinson told her staff, she said. “They said yes.”

And she added: “Absolutely, yes, I would have done the same thing again. . . . We just felt there are moments in time when people need to live their convictions. This appeared to be one.”

Source

2 Likes Save    
Embothrium(Sunset Climate Zone 5, USDA Hardiness Zone 8)

I've finally got it - she's Lucy Van Pelt from Peanuts!

"You there in the back - put down that stupid blanket!"

1 Like Save    
CindyMac(8b)

This isn’t about “rights” as far as I’m concerned, it’s about decency. And while I fully blame Trump - and everyone who has let their inner trash feel empowered by him - for this moral decay we’re witnessing, it’s hypocritical for us to follow suit. Yes, the trumpsters have zero credibility pointing fingers at us, but we should be pointing fingers at ourselves.

Totally agree. I'm disappointed that so many here seem to be incapable of realizing that.

4 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

What happened in Charlottesville was wrong mom. In fact the death of an innocent person was horrible. I don't remember anyone defending the killer.

3 Likes Save    
ingeorgia

ah yes, the morally righteous left....party of lying,cheating,stealing, baby killer, murderer hillary clinton. as you say, like goes with like. read what you have written, how hateful/vile/disgusting and yet you say conservatives are just what you are...interesting that projection. Have never seen such hate and evil in so many people , but then, there are your leaders and you are following them so well, sucking up your cnn lies. you are all so gullible and pathetic. keep ranting and raving on, hopefully you will wear yourselves out.

3 Likes Save    
maifleur01

There is a vast difference from asking someone to leave and boorish behavior. I have not seen any where that the owner/manager did anything other than ask her to leave. None of us were there to see what really happened.

2 Likes Save    
Mimou-GW

Refuse to serve someone for the lies and hatred they spew or refuse to serve someone for who they love; it's a real headscratcher.

1 Like Save    
momj47(7A)

it’s hypocritical for us to follow suit.

No, it's not.

If we are not willing to stand up and take a moral stand against racism, intolerance, hate, then we are no better than the bomb-throwing RW extremists, whether they are here on HT or out in the communities assaulting women, minorities, LGBTQ. Muslims, etc.

A baker can go all the way to the SC so he doesn't have to bake a care for a gay couple.

We, who believe in social justice, should be willing to do the same for actual moral principles like justice, honesty, fairness, decency, equality.

And if that means asking the likes of Sarah Sanders and her ilk, to leave a business, so be it.

There MUST be consequences to preaching and acting like Mr. Trump and has minions act.

Decent Americans have to take a stand.

9 Likes Save    
norar_il

"I always do my best to treat people, including those I disagree with, respectfully and will continue to do so."

Mrs. Sanders should watch herself on television. I can't remember all the remarks she has made to reporters, but a couple of recent ones come to mind. When she told one guy that he obviously could only understand short sentences and told another he was only wanting more television time when he persisted, trying to get an answer from her. Not much respect showing there. What happened to her must have been horribly embarrassing in the restaurant, but she sure did her best embarrass those two reporters on national tv. Karma.

8 Likes Save    
leona_2008

trump is unfit in every way to be POTUS. It is a disgrace that someone of his character besmirches that office and the US everyday. There is no low he won't stoop to both in actions and in belittling anyone who disagrees with him. Anyone who supports him supports his actions. Period. If I owned a restaurant and trump walked in, I would tell him to leave. Same with SHS. I didn't support Bush, but if he came in my restaurant, I would treat him with respect and honor. Ordinarily, I would agree with the naysayers here, but I couldn't serve someone who was trying to destroy my family and I wouldn't serve trump who is trying to destroy my country.

10 Likes Save    
arthurpym

I'm still waiting to hear about what the backlash is that MrsK is referring to. What is the backlash?

1 Like Save    
momj47(7A)

a restaurant withholding service based on someone's employment.

you consider it a compliment if you support the owner in kicking Sarah out because of who she worked for and you consider that using a moral compass, congratulations j47!

I don't think so. The RW has completely missed the point of what happened in Lexington, VA

Several Red Hen employees are gay, she said. They knew Sanders had defended Trump’s desire to bar transgender people from the military. This month, they had all watched her evade questions and defend a Trump policy that caused migrant children to be separated from their parents.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders worked in the service of an “inhumane and unethical” administration. That she publicly defended the president’s cruelest policies, and that that could not stand.

It was important to Wilkinson, she said, that Sanders had already been served — that her staff had not simply refused her on sight. And it was important to her that Sanders was a public official, not just a customer with whom she disagreed, many of whom were included in her regular clientele.

“I explained that the restaurant has certain standards that I feel it has to uphold, such as honesty, and compassion, and cooperation.

“I said, ‘I’d like to ask you to leave.’ ”

You could go to this restaurant, kjun, Ann, and have no fear of being asked to leave. No one knows you or your political or "moral" beliefs.

It's important now, more than ever, to stand up to hypocrisy, intolerance, hate,dishonesty, kidnapping.

There have to be consequences for such brazen public immorality.

2 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

Violence Arthur. We already know that there are people on both sides who are a can short of a six pack. The Bernie Bro who shot Steve Scalise, the Trump supporter that showed up at a Pizza place with a gun. It doesn't take a lot to send these people over the edge. The rhetoric and the hate needs to dial down a few decibels.

5 Likes Save    
Ann

That's my concern also.

5 Likes Save    
Lily316

I read her bio and understand exactly why she asked Sarah to leave. It’s a vey progressive restaurant with an overwhelming dislike for tRump. Her gay workers applauded her. The right has no reason to get on her case when a baker won’t do a wedding cake for a gay couple.

6 Likes Save    
cait1

chase_gw

But we already know that conservatives support private business owners exerting their beliefs....

False equivalence. The baker would sell any cake to the gay couple. What the baker would not do is be forced to labor against his will. The baker would not make Halloween decorated cakes, either.

You're response makes it sound as if you support slave labor. Is that what you want us to believe about you?

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

lily, I don't recall this owner saying she wouldn't serve Sarah Sanders because of her religious beliefs. I believe the Supreme Court made that decision. I actually like that the owner showed her true colors. Seems a lot of Trump supporters ate at that restaurant...at least before this. I'm sure she doesn't need the business.

Can you imagine a restaurant refusing to serve Michelle Obama? I would be just as horrified. Guess that's the difference between you and me.

4 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

The rhetoric and the hate needs to dial down a few decibels.

And Huckabee Sanders can start by dialing back her hate and rhetoric.

And maybe even tell the truth

There was no hate, no rhetoric from the owner of the restaurant.

1 Like Save    
momj47(7A)

I don't recall this owner saying she wouldn't serve Sarah Sanders because of her religious beliefs.

How would you know

It sounds like the owner of the restaurant is following Jesus teachings, and doing it with much more decency and honor than Sarah Huckabee Sanders or her father. Rev. Mike Huckabee

2 Likes Save    
cait1

sunflower_petal(5a)

Don't forget that woman that was killed in Charlottesville

And don't forget the facts behind that Charlottesville tragedy.

If there hadn't been a stand down order the police would have been spread out more and that death would have been prevented.

The ex-mayor, a far-left democRAT who worked for Pedosta's Center for American Progress, played with peoples lives and didn't care who would get hurt. He was only looking out for his political career within the progressive movement.

4 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

Huckabee Sanders eve lied about this event

SMH

“I always do my best to treat people, including those I disagree with, respectfully and will continue to do so.” Anyone who has seen her sneer, insult and condescend to the press knows that’s not the case.

it is not altogether a bad thing to show those who think they’re exempt from personal responsibility that their actions bring scorn, exclusion and rejection. If you don’t want to provoke wrath, don’t continue to work for someone whose cruel and inhumane treatment of others rivals the internment of U.S. citizens and noncitizens of Japanese descent during World War II. And yes, I’d have hollered at then-California Attorney General Earl Warren, who pushed for the roundup of people of Japanese ancestry, even American citizens.

Save    
momj47(7A)

Oh, so according to cait, it wasn't the fault of the white supremacist, neo-Nazis that Heather was murdered, it was the fault of the police.

Nice try at spinning, but it's just another RW lie

Save    
P amelaIamela

Well now, latest word is the owner of the Red Hen is Meryl Streep's cousin. H wood at it again.

Save    
heri_cles

If a public figure (like trump and his cabal) is causing so much divisiveness and anger in the public sphere and inevitably with your customer base, they should be turned away.....and they should well understand why they are not welcome.

trumpian pariahs not welcome.

2 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

Well now, latest word is the owner of the Red Hen is Meryl Streep's cousin.

So?

Whose cousin are you?

3 Likes Save    
P amelaIamela

Ha.. the non-complicit one. Now I'll bid adieu.

2 Likes Save    
CindyMac(8b)

My cousin is Brad Stephenson of Ethos fame. Who the f cares?

2 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

I don't have any famous cousins, but I'd happily tell Huckleberry Sanders to leave if I owned a restaurant

5 Likes Save    
rhoder551 zone 9b-10

Well now, latest word is the owner of the Red Hen is Meryl Streep's cousin. H wood at it again.

Lame....

https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/5363942/article-on-trump-supporters#n=106

Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

The fear of violence from the Republicans is laughable. "Lock her up!" and trump's "I'll pay for your lawyer" ring any bells? You cannot spread gasoline around by for two years by firing up the rhetoric and the hate, and then freak out that someone might set it on fire as soon as the targets turn around to defend themselves. Well you can, and apparently do, but people with a clue know who supplied the combustibles.

7 Likes Save    
lily316

The Trumpeters have spread their hated across this country emboldening many of the mouth breathers who follow their crude Messiah. There are videos every day of thugs and lowlife tRump supporters telling people to speak English, they're in America or harassing black and brown people. I applaud this owner and she will not lose business. I'd make a point to make reservations there if I was in the area. I often eat at farm to table places in DC. So she's Strep's cousin Whoop ti doo. I didn't think her cousin would be Paula Deen.

So the hate mongers are getting payback when they're in public. Love it that in addition to Homeland Secretary getting booed at a Mexican restaurant, so was Stephen Miller. Why would these two eat at a Mexican restaurant? Maybe after their dinner, they'll call ICE on the kitchen workers.

8 Likes Save    
maddie260

It’s called ‘shunning’ in some religions.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

I don't think I'd kick her out, but I'd be tempted to serve her that 'special ingredient' chocolate custard pie! I mean considering how much shs dishes it out herself....

(JK...couldn't help but be reminded of it...)

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

"I don't recall this owner saying she wouldn't serve Sarah Sanders
because of her religious beliefs. I believe the Supreme Court made that
decision."

They did ? I must have missed it......

Save    
momj47(7A)

Here's a summary of the decision

Save    
ingeorgia

4 Likes Save    
artemis_ma

My first thought was that old saying, the chickens have come home to roost...

However, two wrongs seldom make a right, either ethically or morally. The restauranteur should have served Sanders, just as the baker should have served the gay couple. However, I'd prefer not to see either shop owner coerced by law... I'd rather simply know what shop owners think, and move my business elsewhere accordingly.

Mrskjun, you'd have a better and more useful discussion here instead of just mentioning "We've had a congressman shot, protesters showing up in restaurants, protests and vandalism on college campuses, disgusting tweets regarding a young boy who can't even vote, and now a restaurant withholding service based on someone's employment. " since you purposefully left out that Arizona congressewoman, and the woman run over by the car in Charlottesville. Or do only incidences of violent behavior from the left rate approbation from you?

It's called "cherry picking". Look it up.

Ingeorgia, friends of mine in North Carolina were disturbed by the uptick in their local anti-black sloganeering as soon as Trump was elected. Again, this kind of thing goes both ways, but the media one prefers to listen to tends to support an "all or nothing" mindset, one direction or the other.

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Nastiness reflects desperation, not strength, eh? Gingrich quotes:

• “I think one of the great problems we have in the Republican party is that we don’t encourage you to be nasty.
  • Gingrich’s political action committee, GOPAC, sends out a memo titled “Language: A Key Mechanism of Control” to several thousand Republican candidates running for state and local offices. It includes a list of words they should use to describe Democrats: decay, failure (fail) collapse(ing) deeper, crisis, urgent(cy), destructive, destroy, sick, pathetic, lie, liberal, they/them, unionized bureaucracy, “compassion” is not enough, betray, consequences, limit(s), shallow, traitors, sensationalists, endanger, coercion, hypocricy, radical, threaten, devour, waste, corruption, incompetent, permissive attitude, destructive, impose, self-serving, greed, ideological, insecure, anti-(issue): flag, family, child, jobs; pessimistic, excuses, intolerant, stagnation, welfare, corrupt, selfish, insensitive, status quo, mandate(s) taxes, spend (ing) shame, disgrace, punish (poor…) bizarre, cynicism, cheat, steal, abuse of power, machine, bosses, obsolete, criminal rights, red tape, patronage.

That first quote was from 1990...they certainly have learned since then!

3 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

However, two wrongs seldom make a right,

I guess, if you think not serving an outspoken racist and liar is wrong.

2 Likes Save    
CindyMac(8b)

(As an aside, Home Deco folks, could this possibly be the restaurant at which Trailrunner's son and DIL worked? For some reason the Red Hen name rings a bell to me, and I associated the place with Trailrunner, do any of you recall?)

The current chef isn't trailrunner's son. https://redhenlex.com/about/the-team/

Save    
Kathy

Save    
jillinnj

I love to see respect, compassion, and tolerance on parade.

No, you do not.

You cheer every single day for this administration that disrespects anyone that disagrees with them, is lacking compassion for anyone not like them and has zero tolerance for anyone they do not like.

Words are cheap, MrsK. So easy to type them. Much harder to actually enact them.

4 Likes Save    
Maddie AtHome

Mere window dressing.

Save    
ann_t

Jill, I wish I could like your post multiple times.

ETA: Jill it looks like your post that I liked has been removed.

Save    
jillinnj

In order for someone to say they approve of trump, who demonstrates his lack of respect, compassion, and tolerance every single day, they give up the right to claim that they themselves embrace those virtues and adhere to them. You can't have it both ways!

I wish I could like this comment 1000 times. Perfectly said.

2 Likes Save    
jillinnj

Asking her to leave makes me uncomfortable. If you run a business, you must serve the public.

If I owned the restaurant, I would have let all my employees know they were free to go tell her what they thought of her lies and the intolerance she displays every day.

There are consequences to being a heartless uncaring lying person.

4 Likes Save    
CindyMac(8b)

4 Likes Save    
Kathy

I don’t like the restaurant asking her to leave either. I also feel if you are open to the public you should serve all the public, unless they are disruptive.

It was also wrong of her to tweet about it.

4 Likes Save    
artemis_ma

momj47(7A)

However, two wrongs seldom make a right,

I guess, if you think not serving an outspoken racist and liar is wrong.

Understood but not quite the point. I'd treat them professionally (which in the case of being a restauranteur, means serving customers unless they are being unruly WITHIN my establishment), but otherwise have nothing whatsoever to do with the person. I've done that.

Back in the 80s there was a manager (not my manager, but in my department) where I worked who stated at the lunch table that he thought it was too bad all the gays weren't dead of AIDS. I know my instinctive reaction was to upend my lunch over his head -- fortunately for both of us, I'd already finished eating. We were all stunned and did not know what to say (I was much younger then, I'd have said plenty now.)

I kept my interactions with this jerk to the necessities required to do my job for the next few years until he retired... and didn't attend his retirement party either. But I was "glad" to know what kind of person he was.

In the case of Huckabee or anyone else with whom I might despise their ethics: These days, I might well tell them politely (while I served them) exactly why I cannot countenance their behavior in their public life.

This may well cause such people to walk out, but so be it.

My job, however, when they are in my restaurant, is to serve my customers.

1 Like Save    
jillinnj

In the case of Huckabee or anyone else with whom I might despise their ethics: These days, I might well tell them politely (while I served them) exactly why I cannot countenance their behavior in their public life.

Yes, this.

If my post above wasn't clear (because I know the usuals will jump on anything)...

I would have encouraged my employees to be excruciatingly polite while serving her and telling her what they thought of the policies and the person she supports.

2 Likes Save    
Maddie AtHome

And calling her out on her lies.

Amazing that those who defended the bakers are now whining about businesses not serving people.

2 Likes Save    
artemis_ma

Annie, very interesting Gingrich quotes. Gingrich was a prophet in how to turn conversations into rants.

Back in the early 1990's I attended a science fiction convention, where Gingrich was invited to speak. I went to his talk. He tried to bring in many of those divisive ideas, not realizing how many of his audience was leaning libertarian, and a true misunderstanding of what small "l" (or even large "L" libertarian) means.

Nastiness was prevalent from certain corners of the right as soon as Obama was elected.

There's nastiness all over now. At least online it is extremely difficult to get into a good and real discussion of the issues facing our country, everyone's gotta have their badge, er, label.

"Badges, badges, we don't need no stinkin' badges!"

PS: I think that was Gingrich's first and last science fiction convention... He got called on the carpet by people who wanted to THINK, not LABEL.

2 Likes Save    
Ann

Amazing that those who defended the bakers are now whining about businesses not serving people.

Maddie, I think it could be worth a review of this thread, to see who is writing the huge majority of the comments and what those comments are saying, What you are describing is, by and large, not what is going on within this thread. Just reading this thread as it has progressed has been very interesting to me, what is being said and who is saying it.

2 Likes Save    
azmom

Citing Faux News first then Newt Gingrich, it gives new definition of Double Whammy.

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

I think it was wrong for the owner to ask her to leave as would it be to serve her or treat her differently than any other customer.

If her presence was causing some sort of disturbance I would feel differently, but that was not the case.

For anti Trump people to stoop to the hateful , vindictive level of Trump is wrong. That just gives him a win.

7 Likes Save    
Maddie AtHome

For anti Trump people to stoop to the hateful , vindictive of Trump is wrong. That just gives him a win.

Exactly.

3 Likes Save    
palisades_

Weren't you the one who always insisted that business owners must serve the public? So why flip flop on this incidence.

They certainly set precedence. Should have followed what Mrs. Obama said: when they go low we go high.

Save    
woodnymph2_gw

Actually, I agree with Chase and Maddie, and Palisades. We should be better than to stoop to their low level. And it just pours gas on the culture war fires.

1 Like Save    
whynottryit

To my mind, the difference between the baker's case and this one is that she was refused service because of who she is not what she is. She was not asked to leave because she was being discriminated against as a protected class but rather because of her own actions which had been apparently witnessed by the owner through Press conferences. I don't necessarily agree with the business owner and do believe that this was a very poor way of handling the situation. However, I do recognize the legal differences.

5 Likes Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

Was it Mike Huckabee who supported Kim Davis and her right to not issue marriage licenses to gay couples? He supported her ability to deny service to her customers.

I do agree that liberals went low here but I support the business owner's right to decide and let her customers decide if they agree.

2 Likes Save    
blfenton

I can't find where it says that the restaurant owner, Stephanie Wilkinson, is a liberal. I'm guessing she isn't a republican but....

Save    
Mimou-GW

Here is a fun story about Haldeman walking into a Berkeley restaurant back in the day. The staff did not want to serve him.

It is NPR but fair warning some rough language A Watergate Villain walks into a restaurant...

"This is the perfect time to write about the Haldeman story," says Tower on the phone. "What chefs should know is, it's not about you. It's about the customer. You don't get to judge who can partake of that hospitality. If customers are being obnoxious you can ask them to leave. But not because of who they are or what their politics is. Everyone has the same right to live in this country. If they're just sitting there and enjoying their dinner, hallelujah."

If he had a restaurant today, would someone whose politics he disagreed with, say President Trump's chief strategist, Steve Bannon, be welcome? "Of course," says Tower. "I can't stand the idiot, but that's not the point. He probably can't stand me, either, probably thinks I'm a dangerous liberal. He can refuse to come to the restaurant. But once he's there, and being nice and normal, hallelujah."

The Haldeman dinner is part of Chez Panisse mythology. Competing versions abound, including the pernicious one that Haldeman was not charged because "this restaurant does not accept tainted money."

2 Likes Save    

If it was going to be tit for tat they should have gotten snarky when taking her order, just like she does when addressing representatives of the press.

But, yeah, the fundamental offensiveness of the current clown posse in the White House is not helped by acting in kind toward them. Just as with everyone else in every other situation the high road is the one to take.

For instance I finally confronted this shockingly rude and unprofessional real estate agent showing a house across the street this week after she was heard describing me in profane terms to another agent (because visitors coming to view the property - as well as other agents, apparently - parking on my front lawn was objected to by a couple of us here at my place).

This was preceded during other visits by statements that the other party must be selling out to get away from my tenant (probably assumed to be me, the property owner) and she'll park wherever she wants to. The first crack was the first thing out of her mouth that was directed at one of us, there had been no preceding interactions with her.

Anyway how this relates is that marching down there and addressing the two of them in an equally rude manner didn't really make me feel better. Instead I feel like now I've fallen to her level, that all I've done is join in. Like I need to take a shower.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

But of course, if the restaurant had just served her like any other customer, we wouldn't be talking about it at all. And has trump has shown us time and time again, it's all about the publicity...good or bad.

4 Likes Save    
lily316

The restaurant will get way more business than it'll lose. But I worry the mouth breather trumpets might set fire to it or do damage in other ways. We all know what they're capable of. This country is as divided as it was during the civil war. I cannot stand the other side and they feel the same way.

1 Like Save    
lilacinjust

If I owned the restaurant, I would have let all my employees know they were free to go tell her what they thought of her lies and the intolerance she displays every day.

^^^^^^

Yeah, nothing says "We're in the hospitality business" by encouraging your employees to vent their political views at customers. I bet that'd make for excelling tips!

Quite the winning business plan you have there.

"Service on table 6. Make sure to tell that lady how much you hate her and her boss!!"

Say, you'd would love Dick's Last Resort. You should take your family there to get berated! Who doesn't love personal insults when they're spending their discretionary income in their free time!

Goes great with a side of fries!

Bring the grand kids! Make them cry for no extra charge!

2 Likes Save    
lilacinjust

lily316

The restaurant will get way more business than it'll lose.

^^^^^^^^

No, it won't.

You might want to familiarize yourself with VA.

2 Likes Save    
lilacinjust

Remember when Susan Rice was tossed out of restaurants after she went on tv and lied numerous times about 4 Americans who died in Benghazi?

Yeah, I don't either.

6 Likes Save    
lilacinjust

Ann

I'm glad it happened and glad about what happened to Nielsen while out to dinner. Keep up the good work, Dems. Let everyone see it again and again.

^^^^^^^

Good to know which restaurants Republicans should avoid, lest they get an extra helping of spit in their food.

3 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

artemis, I have already said that what happened in Charlottesville was horrible. I have no idea what you are talking about Arizona Congressperson? If you are in some way referring to Gabby Gifford it has long been settled that her shooter was not affiliated with either party. He was simply mentally deraigned.

2 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

Gee, I've missed Benghazi so much

Good job Mimi

Maybe Susan Rice doesn't go to restaurants

1 Like Save    
momj47(7A)

Interesting that as his paranoid schizophrenia worsened, he embraced more and more far right wing ideas.

Jared Lee Loughner

Records show that Loughner was registered as an independent and voted in 2006 and 2008, but not in 2010.

Loughner's high-school friend Zach Osler said, "He did not watch TV; he disliked the news; he didn't listen to political radio; he didn't take sides; he wasn't on the Left; he wasn't on the Right." A former classmate, Caitie Parker, who attended high school and college with Loughner, described his political views prior to 2007, prior to his personality transformation, as "left wing, quite liberal." The tone of Loughner's online writings and videos from immediately before the attack were described by an opinion piece of The Guardian as "almost exclusively conservative and anti-government, with echoes of the populist campaigning of the Tea Party movement".

Mark Potok of the Southern Poverty Law Center said that Loughner's position that currency not backed by a gold or silver standard is worthless was a "hallmark of the far right and the militia movement." Jesse Walker of Reason expressed deep skepticism at the connections drawn by Potok. In the aftermath of the shooting, the Anti-Defamation League reviewed messages by Loughner, and concluded that there was a "disjointed theme that runs through Loughner's writings", which was a "distrust for and dislike of the government." It "manifested itself in various ways" – for instance, in the belief that the government used the control of language and grammar to brainwash people, the notion that the government was creating "infinite currency" without the backing of gold and silver, or the assertion that NASA was faking spaceflights.

His friend Zach Osler noted that conspiracy theories had a profound effect on Loughner. He was a member of the message board Above Top Secret, which discusses conspiracy theories; members of the site did not respond warmly to posts believed to be from his account. Loughner espoused conspiracy theories about the 9/11 attacks, the New World Order, and believed in a 2012 apocalypse, among other controversial viewpoints. Reports appearing after the shooting noted similarities between the statements made by Loughner and those publicized by the far-right conspiracy theorist David Wynn Miller. The Anti-Defamation League's report also confirmed Loughner's longstanding interest in conspiracy theories.

Save    
Kathy

Loughner was judged of sound mind in 2012 went he went to trial.

The tone of Loughner's online writings and videos from immediately before the attack were described by an opinion piece of The Guardian as "almost exclusively conservative and anti-government, with echoes of the populist campaigning of the Tea Party movement".[42]

1 Like Save    
CindyMac(8b)

Citing this moment in our history to justify incivility is a slippery slope.

"OVER THE WEEKEND there was a fair bit of argument over the decision by a small restaurant in Lexington, Va., not to serve dinner to President Trump’s press secretary. It wasn’t the first time recently that strong political feelings have spilled into what used to be considered the private sphere. We understand the strength of the feelings, but we don’t think the spilling is a healthy development.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders was dining with a few other people at the Red Hen in Lexington Friday night. Several of the restaurant’s staff are gay and objected to Ms. Sanders’s defense of Mr. Trump’s discriminatory policies against transgender people. The staff also objected to the administration’s recent actions leading to the separation of thousands of children from their parents at the U.S.-Mexico border. Respecting her staff’s wishes, the restaurant owner politely asked Ms. Sanders to leave, and Ms. Sanders politely acceded. She then tweeted about the episode, turning it into a public controversy.

This followed by a few days the very public heckling of two architects of that border policy, Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen and White House senior policy adviser Stephen Miller, at Washington restaurants. Last month a Nebraska sociology professor was foundguilty of vandalism for spraying false blood at the home of a National Rifle Association lobbyist in Alexandria.

It’s not a new tactic for protesters of one sort or another to target a public official’s home or private life. But never-at-rest social media have blurred the line between work hours and private time. Cellphone cameras make it ever easier to intrude and broadcast.

Most obviously, passions are running high. Those who defend the Red Hen staff, or Ms. Nielsen’s hecklers, say this is no ordinary policy dispute. Mr. Trump has ordered terrible violations of human rights at the border, he is demonizing immigrants by his actions and his rhetoric, and people need to speak up however they can.

They will get no argument from us regarding Mr. Trump’s border policy, and when it comes to coarsening the debate, he is the prime offender. The poisonous fruits could be seen, as it happens, Saturday morning in a vile tweet from Ms. Sanders’s father, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee, that associated House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, a California Democrat, with the vicious MS-13 gang.

We nonetheless would argue that Ms. Huckabee, and Ms. Nielsen and Mr. Miller, too, should be allowed to eat dinner in peace. Those who are insisting that we are in a special moment justifying incivility should think for a moment how many Americans might find their own special moment. How hard is it to imagine, for example, people who strongly believe that abortion is murder deciding that judges or other officials who protect abortion rights should not be able to live peaceably with their families?

Down that road lies a world in which only the most zealous sign up for public service. That benefits no one."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/let-the-trump-team-eat-in-peace/2018/06/24/46882e16-779a-11e8-80be-6d32e182a3bc_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.2cce857ad48d

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

azmom- I sent in your personal attack on mimi. I guess if it comes back then we will begin to know what is acceptable or not on HT and who really is "untouchable".

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

Jared Loughner was deemed competent to stand trial after he was forced to take medication.

Link

1 Like Save    
lilacinjust

Mimi,

We also watched and remember the same event during Susan Rice reporting what happened in Benghazi.

1. She read a report that was given to her.

^^^^^^

I realize that, and know that Rice was feed fertilizer which she ingested and regurgitated on the Sunday morning political talking head shows to do damage control for Obama, so 4 dead Americans wouldn't ruin his chances of reelection.

Darn lousy timing, those dead Americans.

But, the good news is that Rice was handsomely rewarded by Obama for doing his and Hillary's bidding.

Funny how the Obamas and Rice are both making a ton of money at Netflix at the exact same time. Hmm.

Anyway, my point is that Democrat women have lied to America and never been treated like a black man at a Woolworth counter at lunch time.

I also find it very interesting, and increasingly less surprising, how misogynistic the Left is when the woman is Republican.

Ladies of Trump's administration should probably hired armed security at this point, especially for their children.

3 Likes Save    
arthurpym

Remember when Susan Rice was tossed out
of restaurants after she went on tv and lied numerous times about 4
Americans who died in Benghazi?

Yeah, I don't either.

Your point?

Save    
lilacinjust

margievank

azmom- I sent in your personal attack on mimi. I guess if it comes back then we will begin to know what is acceptable or not on HT and who really is "untouchable".

^^^^^^^

Thank you, margie. I hope Emily takes posting history into account and treats this vicious personal and completely unprovoked attack on me seriously.

I've saved it also, and am f***ging the post.

1 Like Save    
lilacinjust

Your point?

^^^^^^

My point is that we are seeing new lows from the Left, on a daily basis. From tv and Hollywood "celebs" to now businesses kicking Republicans out of their establishments.

Who would have guessed how prescient James T. Hodgkinson was?

Turns out he was the bellwether when he tried to slaughter a baseball field full of Republicans.

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

One Republican is hurt and all the other shooters who were RW are forgotten. Selective thinking?

Most extreme behavior are RWE. Trump is the leader of hateful rhetoric and his language is the cause of the rise hate crimes in the US.

If a Democrat pushes back on Trump they are called hateful while Trump himself gets a pass.

Conservatives need to look closer to home for their hate.

4 Likes Save    
jillinnj

Your point?

Deflection.

Save    
lilacinjust

Kathy

One Republican is hurt and all the other shooters who were RW are forgotten. Selective thinking?

^^^^

A veritable 'hit list' if ICE agents names and addresses has been released. It ain't to send them flowers.

Republican women have been viciously attacked on social media. Their homes and businesses are now being mobbed.

Calls for kidnapping and raping their children has now entered our social network sphere.

Not one prominent Democrat has had the decency to lead the Trump haters back from the dangerous road they're on.

Charlottesville will look like Shangri La in comparison if this continues.

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

WikiLeaks released the addresses of ICE. Dems are not in bed with Wiki. Tell me how ICE taking the kids this week is different from kidnapping.

4 Likes Save    
lilacinjust

Tell me how ICE taking the kids this week is different from kidnapping.

^^^^^^

Tell me how any child taken by law enforcement from their criminal parent meets the definition of kidnapping.

I don't care if Dems aren't "in bed" with ICE. The intent and nature of the "hit list" is obvious.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

Lilac, it sounded as if you were blaming Democrats.

Those kids were shipped to 100 different centers before the parents even went to court. That is criminal.

4 Likes Save    
lilacinjust

Kathy

Lilac, it sounded as if you were blaming Democrats.

Those kids were shipped to 100 different centers before the parents even went to court. That is criminal.

^^^^^^^

I am blaming Democrats. 100%.

Please link or cite the law which Trump and/or law enforcement is breaking, thus qualifying as "criminal".

Or, are you using, "criminal", figuratively?

2 Likes Save    
arthurpym

Republican women have been viciously attacked on social media. Their homes and businesses are now being mobbed.

Calls for kidnapping and raping their children has now entered our social network sphere.

Not one prominent Democrat has had the decency to lead the Trump haters back from the dangerous road they're on.

Charlottesville will look like Shangri La in comparison if this continues.

And as usual, not a single link to back up the ludicrous claims. You ask for links about Trump and being a criminal, but provide none.

2 Likes Save    
jillinnj

Wikileaks released the info on ICE. It's Trump that loves Wikileaks, not Democrats.

Keep on twisting, though. Surprised you haven't figured out a way to blame Obama or Hillary yet.

4 Likes Save    
Kathy

I have no words nor do I even want to debate anyone who supports Trump and his hateful rhetoric yet has the gall to complain about pushback from Democrats.

4 Likes Save    
chase_gw

"^

Tell me how any child taken by law enforcement from their criminal parent meets the definition of kidnapping."

Since when are misdemeanor charges considerd criminal to the extent they are worthy of incarceration?......even before they are edudicated?

Do some of you people ever think?

3 Likes Save    
lilacinjust

Kathy

I have no words nor do I even want to debate anyone who supports Trump and his hateful rhetoric yet has the gall to complain about pushback from Democrats.

^^^^^^

Do you have any defense for the Trump hate and horrific things being said? Even about Barron Trump being raped by pedophiles? Chloe Trump being stalked at her school?

3 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

It takes dramatically creative work to spin the threads into a defense of Trump that lays all the fault at all others than Trump and his fans.

5 Likes Save    
Kathy

Lilac I have no defense for hateful rhetoric by Trump or anyone else. I don’t condone it but there are always a few rotten apple in the barrel. Trump is the POTUS and he isn’t setting a good example. I hold him to a higher standard than some random troll.

5 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

No. The really scary stuff is how riled the trump supporters are over their hatred of the left. They are being led to believe there's a violent war around the corner with the left and they are gearing up for it.

There is no war. There is no mass uprising to violence against the right. You are being frightened for a reason, and it isn't by the left. You are being lied to by terrorists who need your support, who need you to stay within the cult. This emotionally charged speech is to keep you from examining the facts and thinking for yourselves. It's to keep you loyal to their cause, no matter how authoritarian it gets.

Here's just one of the terrorists who are trying to frighten the bejeezus out of you.

https://rumble.com/v5rmq2-judge-jeanine-notes-that-all-the-hatred-is-being-driven-by-the-democrats.html

Heck, if I had an all day every day fill of this kind of talk, I'd be scared to death too!

7 Likes Save    
Ann

Oh gosh no, Ziemia. Have you opened your eyes wide enough to take a good look at the current Democrat party?

3 Likes Save    
CindyMac(8b)

Ann, that's a slur. It's Democratic.

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

7 Likes Save    

How is standing for respect of human rights twisted into a sign of hate against the current administration?

Send international observers to our southern border!

7 Likes Save    
lily316

Funny how the wingers never take offense to the inflammatory words of their leader. Every day there is another video of a Trumpeter mouth-breather screaming at a brown or black person in public like the lawyer in NYC. It's all being captured on phones which is great. I hope the cabinet is scared to go out in public. Is that why Pruitt is bilking the taxpayers with 14 secret service agents when the previous EPA heads had NONE!!?? I hope Sarah, Kirsten, Stephen ,Ivanka, Jared worry about being accosted in public. They are complicit in this madman's ruination of this country.

1 Like Save    
cait1

@ artemis

The restauranteur should have served Sanders, just as the baker should have served the gay couple.

artemis, the baker was willing to sell the couple any cake they wanted. What the baker was unwilling to do was exert his personal labor to make them a special wedding cake based on his religious beliefs. The gay couple could have just as easily bought any cake available and stuck their own little groom groom on top.

Better yet, the gay couple should have shown some class and said thanks but no thanks, the kind of class Sarah and her family showed when they left the restaurant. No fits of anger or threats of a law suit. The difference between adults and immature children looking for revenge.

What this situation does prove once again is how intolerant leftists are.

4 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

Have you opened your eyes wide enough to take a good look at the current Democrat party?

Oh, Ann, that's so 1950's. How quaint

Here's some people from the 1950's laughing at your use of the term. Laughing with you, of course.

Time for some education, again, for the RW.

Democrat Party (epithet)

Shall we just call you part of the Publican Party from now on, since there's nothing in your party that in in any way supports the goals, the values of a Republic.

And it's Biblical, so you should like that.

Publican - in biblical times a "publican" was a collector of taxes.

Save    
jurasico(7)

Restaurant was right on in kicking out this tool of that ignorant, fascist-in-chief currently occupying and defiling the White House.

4 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

What I see is the left using Trump as an excuse for hateful rhetoric, calls for violence, disrespect for their fellow human beings. It doesn't work. You are responsible for your own words and actions. We all are. You hate Trump, then vote for someone else in 2020.

And this isn't helpful.

"The belief that major media outlets disseminate fake news at least occasionally has increased among every partisan group over the past year, including Republicans (89% up from 79% in 2017), independents (82% up from 66%), and Democrats (61% up from 43%). In addition to the fact that a clear majority of Democrats now believe that traditional media outlets report fake news at least occasionally, the poll also finds that a majority of Republicans (53%) feel this happens on a regular basis (up from 37% in 2017)."

Link

4 Likes Save    
jurasico(7)

You tRump apologists are blind and deaf to the hatred rhetoric of the PIG you support.

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

Trump prefers his state news, we know that. In his view anything contrary is fake.

1 Like Save    
momj47(7A)

What I see is the left using Trump as an excuse for hateful rhetoric,

Then you aren't paying attention

Your Mr. Trump needs no excuse for his hateful rhetoric, and Mr. Trump's hateful rhetoric has empowered his supporters to spew even more hateful rhetoric.

And anyone who continues to support Mr. Trump and his actions kidnapping immigrant children has no moral leg to stand on to criticize anyone else

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

mrskjun, those are frightening stats if true as it means trump's propagandist rhetoric is getting through. Same with trump obstructing justice...he does it because sometimes it works.

As Timothy Snyder, author of On Tyranny, said: “Without truth, we don’t have trust. Without trust, we don’t have the rule of law. Without the rule of law, we don’t have democracy,”

7 Likes Save    
Kathy

Scary, scary, scary!

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

What I see is the left using Trump as an excuse for hateful rhetoric...

This reverses cause and effect and removes trump from any responsibility for his words and actions. The left denounce a lot of what trump says and does, but he says and does it first.

He is responsible for what he says. He is responsible for the actions he takes, yet so many of his supporters excuse him anything, never hold him responsible for anything and shield him and defend him from criticism for those very actions he takes.

The left can't criticize trump for stripping babies from their mothers until he does it. Heck, I don't think anyone on the left would even imagine him or any president of the US doing this until it actually happened. It's his action first that triggers the response. And *he* is responsible for the choices he's making. The left is simply calling him on it, making the nation and the world aware of exactly what this guy is up to, as best they can.

6 Likes Save    
ingeorgia

6 Likes Save    
Kathy

Lol...fake news.

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

This is what we've come to.

5 Likes Save    
Kitchenwitch111

Maxine Waters is not calling for violence. More fear for the RW.

Congress is not doing their job of keeping Trump accountable for his actions, so citizens are stepping up to do it.

6 Likes Save    
Kathy

Protesting Fascism isn’t fascist.

12 Likes Save    
leona_2008

Has trump redefined lying?

Definition of lie

lied;
lying
play
\ˈlī-iŋ\

intransitive verb

: to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive

• She was lying when she said she didn't break the vase.
  • He lied about his past experience.

: to create a false or misleading impression

• Statistics sometimes lie.
  • The mirror never lies.
2 Likes Save    
whynottryit

"the kind of class Sarah and her family showed when they left the restaurant. No fits of anger or threats of a law suit. "

In the moment, yes, Sanders did not have a fit of anger or issue threats. However, she threw the mother of all hissy fits when she decided to tweet her experience using her @PressSec account. This event would have been only known to those at the restaurant at the time had she kept her fingers off the keyboard but since she has been trained so well by her boss, she broadcast the event to the world. That "kind of class" is cold, calculating and intended to foment uproar. We have seen this happen with her boss many times in his dealings with confrontation by world leaders.

While the owner was within her rights, I would have just served them quickly and moved on. I understand the owner's desire to do something but private time with anyone's family should not be fair game for onlookers, regardless of how benign. Now we have yet another unnecessary distraction.

7 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

Trump isn't responsible for the words of Maxine Waters. He is not responsible for your words or actions. We are each responsible for our own. Don't use him as an excuse to spew hatred and violence. Not me...Trump made me do it! How childish is that?

5 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Not me...Trump made me do it! How childish is that?

About as childish as trump declaring the democrats are responsible for a policy trump himself put in place and then back-tracked on.

4 Likes Save    
whynottryit

We are each responsible for our own.

Including Trump? Is he responsible for his words or actions? If so, how do we hold him responsible if we don't talk about it?

6 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

Really Annie? I know, it was different then.

Link

4 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Annie (and anyone who noticed the 'stats' provided by kjun):

First, the link goes to a somewhat current date: April 2018

Second: its subtitle:

*Trump less trusted than CNN, MSNBC, and Fox as info source*

5 Likes Save    

Maxine Waters is calling for peaceful protests against Trump's violations of human rights.

Gaslighting the call for peaceful protests -- the original actions against defenseless children are ignored, and those working for human rights characterized as fascists.

3 Likes Save    
chase_gw

I think Maxine Waters is over the top on this..........peaceful demonstrations are perfectly OK. Harassing people isn't.

Mrs there is no doubt in my mind that Trump had given licence and even made it acceptable to be rude, disrespectful and a bully. He had established new " norms" that were totally unacceptable

2 Likes Save    
CindyMac(8b)

Maxine Waters isn't helping the situation at all. Using the name of God and demanding people harass those they don't like wherever they happen to see them is wrong.

Good lord, is there no civility anymore? Is this what we've come to under Trump? He's a pox on our country and needs to go!

4 Likes Save    

Peaceful protests to protect children =/= harassment.

High-level members of the Trump administration are answerable for the policies that they formulate and enforce.

Family separation is a bridge too far -- a violation of human rights.

5 Likes Save    
j4c_11

Protesting Fascism isn’t fascist.

Calling other people you don't agree with fascist so you can then justify the use violence against them is fascist though.

1 Like Save    
floodwaters

It appears the progressives are itching for real trouble. Somebody is gonna get hurt at some point. We know what they are doing, its not gonna work.

2 Likes Save    
artemis_ma

Cait1,

The restauranteur should have served Sanders, just as the baker should have served the gay couple.

artemis, the baker was willing to sell the couple any cake they wanted. What the baker was unwilling to do was exert his personal labor to make them a special wedding cake based on his religious beliefs. The gay couple could have just as easily bought any cake available and stuck their own little groom groom on top.

Better yet, the gay couple should have shown some class and said thanks but no thanks, the kind of class Sarah and her family showed when they left the restaurant. No fits of anger or threats of a law suit. The difference between adults and immature children looking for revenge.

What this situation does prove once again is how intolerant leftists are.

Unfortunately for your position here, dogmatists happen on both sides of the political spectrum. (Ie, ALL leftists???)

If I were that couple I'd have done just that (left, with perhaps a few honest and negative reviews on Yelp), and so would have most of the gay people I know.

Fits of anger... so you just ignore those right wing anti-Semitic people who overturn tombstones and leave Nazi symbols lying around? It has happened up here in the Northeast for over ten years. (So, we can't blame Trump, Obama, or to be honest, Bush. Or, Moslems... who in their extremists, are as I see them pretty far right wing as they hate gays, and are totally disrespectful to women, )

What this situation does is to prove how dogmatic one can be, no matter what one's compass directional stances are. Stop cherrypicking against the ones that didn't just walk out and let others know about this bakery by regular means.

Save    
artemis_ma

Lilac, I totally agree: Do you have any defense for the Trump hate and horrific things being said? Even about Barron Trump being raped by pedophiles? Chloe Trump being stalked at her school?

I felt the exact same when the same things happened to the Obama daughters during the last administration.

There are a lot of truly SICK individuals out there. It's not a party thing, it's a severe illness. Those people are the ones (left,right,who-cares) that should be locked up. And perhaps deported to Antarctica. In the Southern hemisphere winter.

Save    
Kathy

Allez

Calling other people you don't agree with fascist so you can then justify the use violence against them is fascist though.

My response was to the person who called Maxine Waters a fascist. I should have repeated their name because they have removed their post.

You need to correct the RW on here calling names, not me.

1 Like Save    
cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)(zone 7, Northern VA)

Mrsk: "Sarah Sanders has a job that she does well."

i disagree. She belittles, demeans, and mocks the WH press pool on a regular basis. She must think she is being witty, but she is just being small and unkind, not unlike her boss.

That said, however, I do not think this is a road we want to go down. Despite the tone-deaf actions of Stephen Miller (Mexican restaurant), Kristin Neilsen (Mexican restaurant) and the First Lady (sartorial choice when visiting Texas), we risk losing to an even greater extent any semblance of civility. The RW lost theirs beginning with Lee Atwater and Karl Rove. Mike Huckabee responded as expected with a vile tweet. Is this really what we want to be as a country? Yes, they are reaping what they have sown, but note that the movie Biondi was driven out of was about Mr. Rogers who worked his entire life to teach kindness and tolerance. No, we should not tolerate the hateful actions of this administration and the people associated with it, but it will not be good for anyone if we progressives lower ourselves to their level. I am all for protesting and making them uncomfortable in their public lives (what if the press just refused to take part in the charade of a press conference or listen to 45 when he wants to hold forth on some subject as he heads to or from someplace).

The principle of "public accommodations" laws is that businesses that choose to serve the public, must serve the public. Our applause for the folks who drove out these people, no matter how much we dislike them, shows that Trump is winning. I, for one, do not ever want that to happen. We are better than that.

one last note, it isn't just the RW that this happens to-Joe Biden was turned away from a bakery/ice cream shop in 2012. It is just lately the the RW is beginning to feel the same effect of what has been done by themselves to everyday citizens for many years.

eta:. Lilac, Do you have any defense for the Trump hate and horrific things being said? Even about Barron Trump being raped by pedophiles? Chloe Trump being stalked at her school?

We have always said we oppose such things. Why do you keep asking?

4 Likes Save    
artemis_ma

Mrskjun, I am fairly new here so I missed that. And I might not remember, and the fact you didn't call that case out anyway in that post, worries me.

artemis, I have already said that what happened in Charlottesville was horrible. I have no idea what you are talking about Arizona Congressperson? If you are in some way referring to Gabby Gifford it has long been settled that her shooter was not affiliated with either party. He was simply mentally deraigned.

Since you cannot assume just hither and yon that your readership saw your past comment about Charlottesville, this past post of yours still comes off like cherry picking. I'm also not convinced that ANY of these idjits who do something or other in the name of something or other are also not mentally deranged. That includes the guy who hit Giffords.

And if you want to go back in time, this includes Timothy McVeigh. And yeah, that non-party Unabomber guy.

This is all a mugs game to get out of discussing ISSUES, and yeah, I admit: I was distracted by this stuff.

Save    
lily316

Of all the crap going on in the world, the Orange Turd today tweeted the Red Hen needed painting and had dirty windows. Is he ten years old? He's a petulant child and should be reminded that mar a logo had many health violations recently. And it backfired because as of a few minutes ago, the Red hen had over 6000 offers to paint it. Ha!

Edited to add, Red Hen is a quaint gorgeous historic building ,something that the tasteless creep wouldn't get in his love for glitz and gold plated toilets.

5 Likes Save    
CindyMac(8b)

If you want to protest do it with your wallet. Make a donation to RAICES or some other organization in the "offender's" name like Jimmy Fallon did with Trump. That is much more powerful and meaningful than shouting in someone's face or saying you don't want to serve them.

7 Likes Save    
mr1010

I read on another forum that people are going online and buying $10. gift cards and

handing them out to their friends. There seems to be a benevolent crowd of

Red Hen supporters.

4 Likes Save    
jillinnj

You are responsible for your own words and actions. We all are.

Well, everyone except the actual President of the United States, right?

If you really believed what you wrote, you'd speak out against the hate speech of the POTUS. But you don't. In fact, you cheer it. Every single time.

Therefore, what you typed is not believable. Words are cheap. Actions tell the real story.

And, for your education, speaking out against atrocities committed by our government IS NOT HATE SPEECH. It's what any feeling empathetic human being would do.

6 Likes Save    
Jenn TheCaLLisComingFromInsideTheHouse(5)

If we cannot say what we think about the government, we have lost what made this country what the founding fathers believed would make it great.

3 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

Is he ten years old? He's a petulant child

More like 13

That's when he was shipped off to military school. His development as a human being stopped at that moment.

2 Likes Save    
nannygoat_gw

If you want to protest do it with your wallet. Make a donation to RAICES or some other organization in the "offender's" name like Jimmy Fallon did with Trump. That is much more powerful and meaningful than shouting in someone's face or saying you don't want to serve them.

I agree...and am comfortable with protest matches and rallies but dislike in-your-face type protests such as interrupting speakers or causing a scene by confronting someone in public while they are trying to go about their private life.

So, while I don't agree with asking SHS to leave, I hope the restaurant does not suffer because of this.

If I had been her server, I would have given good service, but with a poker face, no cheery chit-chat, or "how're we doing here's". It would have been obvious by my demeanor that I knew exactly who she was and did not approve.

Save    
jillinnj

It appears the progressives are itching for real trouble. Somebody is gonna get hurt at some point.

You mean that the woman killed in Charlottesville? Oh, wait...

If you would just turn off Fox "News" for a day or two, you might not be so afraid of a non-existent threat.

4 Likes Save    
j4c_11

If we cannot say what we think about the government, we have lost what
made this country what the founding fathers believed would make it
great.

Inciting violence against government employees is one thing, expressing your opinion is another. I say, speak to your hearts content. With every word the left drives more people into our arms.

3 Likes Save    
j4c_11

You mean that the woman killed in Charlottesville? Oh, wait..

More like the Bernie bro who went congressman hunting at baseball practice.

1 Like Save    
jillinnj

If I had been her server, I would have given good service, but with a poker face, no cheery chit-chat, or "how're we doing here's". It would have been obvious by my demeanor that I knew exactly who she was and did not approve.

I would have told her what I thought of her support of horrific policies. I would not have yelled, or been in her face. I would have provided excellent service, but I would most definitely have told her what I thought. If that made her uncomfortable, that's the price one pays for supporting atrocities.

1 Like Save    

Don’t try to put words in my mouth - where do you get this violence inciting nonsense from what I said? I mean you can go to the trouble of posting it in italics but I find impossible to believe you failed to comprehend.

1 Like Save    

Now, if I were to suggest the way to deal with government officials I don’t like is to take them out for ‘helicopter rides’ - that would be fascist and violent.

Save    
whynottryit

Inciting violence against government employees is one thing, expressing your opinion is another.

Apparently, that does not extend to candidates for political office.

Did Donald Trump Encourage Violence at His Rallies?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-incitement-violence/

3 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"My first thought was that old saying, the chickens have come home to roost..."

I agree, artemis.

When Obama was running for president in 2008, he encouraged confrontation. He told his supporters to argue with their neighbors and to "get in their face."

The unleashed "chickens" belong to Democrats. The party either can't or won't control the menacing actions of its own supporters.

We've had three incidents in less than a week now, where GOP women have been confronted by Democrats for having their own political opinions, or for being political appointees, or in the case of Pam Bondi, of holding an elective position a Democrat failed to win.

Obama gave Democrats permission to go after individuals with whom they disagree. Maxine Waters is in on the act now, encouraging more incivility. Not good news for anyone.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/obama-fires-democrats-argue-face-article-1.323400

3 Likes Save    
lily316

I'm all in for accosting these smug people by words when they're in public places. They live in their little tRump bubble fed by the cult and Fox news. If they knew the hatred and dissension of the majority people in the outside of their cocoon, some might consider leaving the administration. Why hasn't SHS taken a pressor the last days? Is she afraid of the questions? It never bothered her before when she parroted tRumps lies. This would have never been made public had she not tweeted it out. So she is complicit and deserves to be held accountable in public where people can voice their thoughts. Totally NONviolently, not like Charlottesville.

1 Like Save    
j4c_11

Don’t try to put words in my mouth

Not at all, I had Nutty Maxine in mind with that comment.

1 Like Save    
cattyles

So what was the meaning of the Republican snake squeezing the life out of the Dem rabbit fable that you posted, Allez?

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

mrskjun, I read that article and it stinks...it does a lot of quoting of trump and trump admin officials who are talking about obama but it does very little to provide evidence that obama routinely split children from their families as a matter of policy. That's because they didn't. What obama was doing were long detention of families which is precisely what trump is doing now. But he didn't split children from parents unless there was a specific reason to do so.

But don't believe me or them. Instead use your common sense...if trump is doing nothing different then why *since April* when he instituted his new policy, are the suddenly scrambling all over the nation to find places to put children under 10 yrs old and building tent cities on bases? It wasn't even an issue in February.

Save    
mrskjun(9)

What would the discussion be if two Capitol police had not been on that baseball field last year?

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

If Trump’s border policy was the same as Obama’s why is Trump rescinding his policy?

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

Save    
Kathy

Mrs

That meme is so full of lies I am surprised you werent ashamed to post it.

2 Likes Save    
Eliana

It doesn't surprise me in the least! Birds of a feather...

3 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"If Trump’s border policy was the same as Obama’s why is Trump rescinding his policy?"

Because the MSM insisted families should not be separated, even if that meant releasing their arrested parents before their immigration issues were resolved.

The administration is trying to ensure both problems are resolved. Families can be kept together and their legal issues resolved in a one stop facility. Much more humane, and everybody wins.

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

What was the lie Kathy?

Save    
queenmargo

I just went to Yelp and looked at the Red Hen reviews. The site is under moderation due to the issue. However, there is 15,324 reviews for the place and it is down to 1 and a half stars. The Red Hen is taking a beating from the Red wave;)

Save    
Kathy

Mrs, I see the meme you posted that was full of lies is gone. Good riddance imho.

Save    

@allez

Just checking. I’d hate to wrongly accuse almost as much as I’d hate to have words mis-attributed all willy nilly like. I’ve been a registered republican, and a registered democrat, now I’m registered independent. Life and experiences have taken me to different political parties at different times.

Save    
P amelaIamela

Gild the Lily...paint over the third world politics, veiled threats and Trump derangement syndrome.

Save    
Eliana

Painting over it without repairing it first will at best be a very short-lived fix. The damage and ugliness must be ripped out before it can be made whole again.

3 Likes Save    
Ann

Including Trump? Is he responsible for his words or actions? If so, how do we hold him responsible if we don't talk about it?

There is no shortage of talk of everything Trump does and says. Have you or are you holding "him responsible"? If yes, in what way? Personally, I think the left is showing a whole lot of themselves and I suppose votes will tell us if they are held responsible for what they are demonstrating. As I said recently, I think the left is making Trump look like an angel in comparison (and I do not think Trump is an angel).

Save    
momj47(7A)

Did President Trump defame the Red Hen?

Does he think he's being funny?

4 Likes Save    
lily316

tRump is the devil incarnate.

3 Likes Save    
lily316

The Red Hen is way tooooo classy for most of the negative reviewers given by Trumpeters. They eat at Chic Fil A and think they're having fine dining.

1 Like Save    
chijim

Maybe somebody should remind Mr Trump his Mar-a-Lago didn't pass a health inspection not too long ago.

https://www.metro.us/president-trump/trump-mar-a-lago-failed-health-inspection

6 Likes Save    
P amelaIamela

If businesses don't want POTUS cabinet members in their establishments, POST A SIGN stating it. Full disclosure. As far as MadMax, seems she's inciting riots to commence.

3 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"They eat at Chic Fil A and think they're having fine dining."

Is that when they're not eating off of food stamps?

Save    
Ann

Hey, I love Chic Fil A. Bring it home and pair it with a glass of wine and it's quite fine:)

2 Likes Save    
lily316

Made my point.

3 Likes Save    
Ann

Glad to be of help, lily!

1 Like Save    
CindyMac(8b)

Lily, I was reading about the Red Hen yesterday. Even watched a video of the farmers who provide their meats & produce and a potter who makes bowls for the restaurant. Sounds like a really neat place. No wonder Sarah wanted to dine there.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

lily316

The Red Hen is way tooooo classy for most of the negative reviewers given by Trumpeters. They eat at Chic Fil A and think they're having fine dining.

I read the place was filthy. Maybe you like filthy restaurants lily, but not I.

Chic Fil A's are very clean ;)

Save    
lily316

So it didn't take long for the Dotard to tweet about Maxine Walters saying she wanted violent confrontations which is a lie. He's stirring up the base to respond with violence which Walters never suggested. And he called her low IQ which is his common retort. Let's see your IQ test, Donnie. Your professor said you were the dumbest student he ever taught. Every tweet you make has a grammatical error or spelling. You have the intelligence of a third grader. (Apologies to third graders)

4 Likes Save    
lily316

Margo, you need to stop reading the Dotards tweets. He said it needed paint and window washing and now they have 6000 people wanting to paint it. Mar a lar go had many health violations. Would not want to eat there for sure.

Save    
queenmargo

Save    
queenmargo

lily316

Margo, you need to stop reading the Dotards tweets.

I have not read any of Trumps tweets unless it has been on here, lol. I guess I must think like him;)

Save    
CindyMac(8b)

I don't knowingly patronize businesses that oppose equal rights. I also don't eat fried chicken.

I do think Maxine was out of line. There are more civil ways to get your point across. We clearly have wackos on both sides of the aisle.

5 Likes Save    
purrmich _6

A red wave is one way to describe a blood bath. It's a really stupid way to play off Dems 'blue wave'. Is there no creative thought by the rwextreme?

The Red Hen is taking a beating from the Red wave;)

The restaurant needs to sue. And has good grounds to do so.

Chic a flick - really? You care so little about your health?

1 Like Save    
maddie260

dt, as always, rising to the occasion- lol.

Save    
momj47(7A)

I guess I must think like him

Maybe you should get an evaluation for that

Save    
lily316

If they were giving out free dinners in a drive thru , I wouldn't touch that fried greasy stuff. I'm way too particular what goes into my body. Beside the archaic conditions on their employees is another reason. I boycott all stores and restaurants with like policies. Recently an enormous Hobby Lobby opened beside my HomeGoods. Even though I had a fabulous coupon, I wouldn't be caught dead in there. But I noticed that they close at 8??? although Marshalls ,HG are open till 10 and they're right beside it and they like the chiK place are closed on Sunday. Whatsa matter? Don't Christians eat and shop on Sunday?

Save    
queenmargo

Don't Christians eat and shop on Sunday?

Some practice the teachings. Sunday, the Sabbath, day of rest. A lot of people respect that.

2 Likes Save    
CindyMac(8b)

No one respects fake Christians.

3 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

The Red Hen is taking a beating from the Red wave

However, there is 15,324 reviews for the place and it is down to 1 and a half stars.

Really? And you pay attention to that?

Well, that explains a lot

1 Like Save    
momj47(7A)

On the other hand, here's a place you might want to visit

Sounds like your kind of food, if, as you claim, you think like your Mr. Trump

Trump’s Roach-Infested Restaurants Are Vile Compared to the Red Hen

Some of Trump’s own restaurants seem like the bathroom of a dive bar the morning after a live show.

By contrast, the conditions of restaurants at Trump’s hotels and resorts have ranged from moderately unsanitary to outright revolting.

In April, Washington D.C. inspectors visited the Trump International Hoteland found 10 health-code violations, including raw meat stored above ready-to-eat foods and containers of flour stored next to a hand sink that lacked a splash guard. Inspectors also found that the hotel was operating a number of on-site kitchens without city permits to do so.

The hotel was given a “moderate risk” rating based on that visit.

Inspectors conducted a follow-up visit in May, and found that the Trump hotel had failed to comply with instructions to correct some of those violations, including the permitting issue. It maintained the “moderate risk” category.

BLT Prime, the steakhouse at Trump’s D.C. hotel, had many of the same issues. It was also given a “moderate risk” rating in April, when inspectors recorded the same raw-meat storage issues as the hotel and a lack of signage in the kitchen instructing employees to wash their hands.

Even as inspectors were present, employees showed some fairly unsanitary handling of cookware. “An employee dropped an empty pan on the floor and then put it inside a refrigerator,” inspectors noted. “The pan was removed for cleaning upon request.”

When inspectors followed up with BLT Prime in May, they noted that the restaurant was storing raw steaks above vegetables, in violation of the D.C. health code. The violation was corrected on-site.

Trump’s Doral golf club outside Miami has fared even worse: Between its main kitchen, banquet hall, café, patio grill, and bungalows, inspectors have found 524 health-code violations since 2013, including a number that resulted in fines. Among inspectors’ findings were multiple spottings of live and dead cockroaches (they noted 20-25 live ones visibly present in the main kitchen during one 2015 visit), “slimy/mold-like build-up” in coolers and freezers, and holes in kitchen walls.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

LOL- what does it explain?

Save    
momj47(7A)

what does it explain

If you have to ask ...............

And it's not funny

2 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

But Kathy, you read it, you must know what you considered lies. I still see it so looks like it was flagged, we'll see if it comes back.

Save    
mrskjun(9)

Looks like they took down their facebook page. Their choice.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

And it's not funny

why do I see your foot stomping as you stay this mom...

1 Like Save    
Ann

So it didn't take long for the Dotard to tweet about Maxine Walters saying she wanted violent confrontations which is a lie. He's stirring up the base to respond with violence which Walters never suggested. And he called her low IQ which is his common retort. Let's see your IQ test, Donnie. Your professor said you were the dumbest student he ever taught. Every tweet you make has a grammatical error or spelling. You have the intelligence of a third grader. (Apologies to third graders)

LOL! It happens to be Maxine Waters (twice in your comment), Lily. It appears, based on your comment, you are not a fan of errors so you could edit and correct your mistake:)

1 Like Save    
Ann

Margo, you need to stop reading the Dotards tweets. He said it needed paint and window washing and now they have 6000 people wanting to paint it. Mar a lar go had many health violations. Would not want to eat there for sure.

Oops, it's Mar-a-Lago.

Save    
whynottryit

There is no shortage of talk of everything Trump does and says. Have you or are you holding "him responsible"? If yes, in what way? Personally, I think the left is showing a whole lot of themselves and I suppose votes will tell us if they are held responsible for what they are demonstrating. As I said recently, I think the left is making Trump look like an angel in comparison (and I do not think Trump is an angel).

_________

When you or mrsk, answer my question, I will answer yours. However, as has been seen time and time again, his supporters make excuses consistently for his actions and rarely answer direct questions such as the one I have posed, opting instead to turn the question back on the questioner as illustrated by your answer here.

As for Trump looking like an angel, well...that is just not in my capacity for imagination.

1 Like Save    
Ann

Trump is responsible for everything he does, as I am and as you are. The "hold him responsible" part is what I can't figure out. Vote for someone else if you don't like him. If you decide you don't like an acquaintance anymore, hang out with someone you like. If a spouse turns out to be a terrible choice, divorce is an option. If you don't like a president in his first term, vote for another option at the next opportunity. What other "hold him responsible" options are available to you? Maybe complaining about him, and the left does a whole lot of that. We'll see how that plays out in upcoming elections.

2 Likes Save    
Ann

Whynot, I reread your question and I see you think "talk about it" is the way to hold him responsible. Well, you're in luck, as there is endless talk about President Trump.

1 Like Save    
P amelaIamela

The Red Hen laid a really rotten egg. Now you know the rest of the story. It seems that the ower Stephanie Wilkerson not only kicked out Sanders party of 8 from her establishment, but then followed her family across the street to make more of a stink. Doesn't Steph have a life?

2 Likes Save    
arthurpym

No source, of course.

2 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

What story?

I'm inclined to believe you made it up

1 Like Save    
P amelaIamela
Save    
P amelaIamela

Oh and read the comments too, they're a hoot!

1 Like Save    
whynottryit

"Talk about it" is the only thing we can do at the moment. Pointing out his inconsistencies, his lies, his misuse of power, his ignorance, his arrogance and his laziness. As is being exhibited across the country, many are showing their displeasure at the voting booth when that is available. Protests and marches are forming to voice that displeasure more loudly and to get Congress to listen and do their job.

I do hold him responsible for his actions, just as I have for every other president in my lifetime. I liked Jimmy Carter as a man but as a president I felt he made many mistakes, I held Bill Clinton responsible for his misdeeds. However, we have never, in my lifetime, had a president who so frequently, so casually, and so irrationally lied and who has spread such vitriol among the populace. George Wallace was as close as any politician has come to doing so and it was awful what he did to my state. McCarthy was during my lifetime but I was only 5 when he died so I did not experience his actions except in a historical context.

What I do not and probably will not ever understand is the absolute defense of all of Trump's actions, regardless of what they are. To me, to defend the indefensible is to condone it and how anyone cannot openly acknowledge Trump's many missteps.

6 Likes Save    
Kathy

Who Is holding Trump responsible for taking those children, especially the girls and babies and sending them to places unknown? Do we know what they have done with them, smuggling them in the middle of the night?

Save    
Kathy

Trump’s online harassment of the restaurant is just as bad if not worse than protestors of SHS.

4 Likes Save    
CindyMac(8b)

Gateway Pundit = far-right pro-Trump site = BS

4 Likes Save    
lily316

A president of the United States tweeting comments about a restaurant. How juvenile, how petty, how embarrassing.

Ann, what are you taking Elvis's place as the corrector of spelling? So spell check changed Water to Walter, sue me.

6 Likes Save    
P amelaIamela

Hey Cin, care to share your alternative news go to site? No BS.

Save    
chase_gw

It's not about the spelling or the grammar...

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

P amelalamela, if you are sincere about contributory posts then shortening people's handles , especially when they aren't very complicated might not send the right message...then again maybe it does

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

What I do not and probably will not ever understand is the absolute defense of all of Trump's actions, regardless of what they are. To me, to defend the indefensible is to condone it and how anyone cannot openly acknowledge Trump's many missteps.

And this latest thing is just the kind of stuff that grabs his attention. Still waiting for action on his promises to fix the opioid problem. He promised. Of course, he has no plan other than build that wall.

1 Like Save    
P amelaIamela

@Chase_gw thanks for the warning. My apologies to any and all that got the wrong message from me.

1 Like Save    
CindyMac(8b)

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

Chase ...Thank you....I didn’t know shortening a handle was not advisable...

Save    
chase_gw

Kathy. I am not saying it isn't advisable.

Some have very long handles that are cumbersome and easier abreviated ( FOAS or ABGH are examples ) . Others have been around so long it is almost affectionate to use an abbreviation ( Mrs and Mom are good examples) ....others we may be being addressed by a previous moniker ( Nik, Mimi and Margo are good examples)

However shortening simple monikers like Chase to Cha . or Cindy to Cin, or Kathy to Kat , especially when they are the "other" can be construed as agressive..so why do it

ETA P amelalamela ...feel free to drop the -gw from my handle. Houzz bestowed it on me. Heck you can even call me Sharon if you want.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

Margo, don’t blow the whole issue out of proportion.

Save    
queenmargo

Chase opened that door for discussion,

Save    
queenmargo

Kathy

Margo, don’t blow the whole issue out of proportion.

Why is it when people make comments that they want to get off their chest and then when I expound on those comments, someone wants to shut me down. They only want to hear one side and that is their side. When you call them on their comment, a rebuttal of "disruptive", or in this case blowing the issue out of proportion gets thrown back. Why is that? Why not talk about it?

Save    
ann_t

"I read the place was filthy. Maybe you like filthy restaurants lily, but not I.

Chic Fil A's are very clean ;)"

Reading Dementia Don's tweets and then denying?

And spreading his lies about the Red Hen?

" The Red Hen in Lexington was last inspected in February, according to Virginia Department of Health records, and passed with no violations. Trump's tweet caused major headaches for Red Hen restaurants all over the country because he didn't say which one he was referring to. "

You can't say you aren't aware of this because you posted to the

Trump's Health Violations VS Red Hen in Lexington thread.

Of course you posted making excuses for Trump and his cockroach ridden establishments.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

What is your point ann_t?

What did I deny?

What excuses did I post?

Save    
queenmargo

I read on Yelp, that the place was filthy in a review.

I said Chic Fil A's are clean. The ones I have been in have been.

I made no excuses about Trumps properties.

I did say New York and Florida is laden with cockroaches EWWW.

ETA: Funny, how the left is always accusing Trump of lying and yet they can make up stuff and twist words without a blink. See how that lying thing goes.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

It looks more like Chase clarified her explanation. The affection was there in the original post.

1 Like Save    
momj47(7A)

So you don't like being called Margo?

Save    
queenmargo

momj47(7A)

So you don't like being called Margo?

Where did I say I didn't like being called Margo?

What is with you guys?

Save    
momj47(7A)

Chase don't you think calling people by their previous moniker confuses new comers?

Save    
queenmargo

How is that saying I don't like being called Margo? I said it probably confuses new posters. They don't know the back drop of everyone.

Save    
rhoder551 zone 9b-10

Anyone surprised by the Dotard's tweet? He is predictable, boring...

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

momj47(7A)

I like Margo, or Margie far more than some of the names I have been called. Let see, there has been: Marg, Marge, Margot, Margie/Margo, Chuckles, Clown Posse, IT, bot, troll (by you mom), Pig, White Supremacist, White Nationalist, Bigot, Stupid, Pathetic, Trumpster, Trump-ette, deplorable, Cult 45, and many more.

Save    
lily316

I like what Seth Myers said tonight. He doesn't want any violent demonstrations towards any of the Dotards people but just the thought that it might happen is satisfying enough. I loved that these last ones took place with Sarah, Kirsten, Stephen and even if no more occur, every time they are in public they might fear a confrontation. Then they will know what the American people fear every day waking up...what the madman will do next. Tit for tat.

Save    
lily316

Just read the Red Hen has over a three-week waiting list for reservations. Yeah!!

4 Likes Save    
heri_cles

Anger with tRump for his bigotry, arrogance and child snatching policy is justifiable. Stay angry my friends because that is what motivates voters on election day. We know that the Right is ALWAYS angry, That is why they are over-represented in Congress. Not the next time around though. Democrats will not fall victim to apathy, at least not while tRump is still around.

3 Likes Save    
HamiltonGardener

The Olde Red Hen in Collingwood, Ontario has been taking a beating from American reviewers with nasty comments online.

The owners have been responding to the reviews on their Facebook page and Yelp to let them know they are not the same eatery, in fact, not even in the same country.

Locals have rallied to post messages of support and positive reviews, some suggesting the reviewers take the time to familiarize themselves with an object generally referred to as a map.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4295083/collingwood-restaurant-mistakenly-targeted-trump-supporters/

Also, I get called HG all the time. I'm OK with that. I'm lazy as heck and HamiltonGardener would be too long for me to type out every time. Also, since I had such a long absence here, it's helpful for me to see what old monikers I recognise when someone points it out. I'm not as up-to-date as everyone else.

Save    
HamiltonGardener

lily316

Just read the Red Hen has over a three-week waiting list for reservations. Yeah!!

There was a restaurant here in Toronto recently that was targeted by vegetarian and vegan protesters. They served wild foods from the local region, wild plants as well as animals. They kept up the protests until finally one day, he brought out a deer leg to the front table and carved it up right in the front window. Traumatized the protesters and they took pictures and filmed it. Went to social media and the news with their outrage.

As a result, the restaurant has been booked solid ever since.

1 Like Save    
lilacinjust

one day, he brought out a deer leg to the front table and carved it up right in the front window. Traumatized the protesters and they took pictures and filmed it. Went to social media and the news with their outrage.

As a result, the restaurant has been booked solid ever since.

^^^^^^^^

I remember that story. Good to know that people telling other people what to eat and not eat didn't work.

2 Likes Save    
lilacinjust

Chase don't you think calling people by their previous moniker confuses new comers? It is not done affectionately at all. What a spin.

^^^^^^^^^

Just another sign of disrespect. Houzz allows you to change your name and when they use the old one, it's pejorative. When they try to imply that you've done something wrong, that's even worse.

It's allowed.

Whatever...it's petty.

1 Like Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

" and when they use the old one, it's pejorative"

Huh? Never my intent when I call someone by their old name. I just always think of you as mimi.

Save    
Lucille(9a)

Chase was making a simple point,. And then you chose to step in, above. Pot. Kettle. Black.

Is this a way to keep our attention diverted from the true political issues?

3 Likes Save    
queenmargo

When someone makes a simple point, it can still be challenged.

Save    
mrskjun(9)

I actually think chase was trying to be helpful to Pam.

If anyone has a lawsuit it would be Sarah Sanders. The restaurant could be sued for discrimination. Found out last night that Sanders party moved across the street to a different restaurant and the owner of the Red Hen followed them and caused a scene there. I guess Sarah's children got a lesson on how grownups act when they don't get their way.

2 Likes Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

"Found out last night that Sanders party moved across the street to a different restaurant and the owner of the Red Hen followed them and caused a scene there."

So far that is only being reported by the conservative news media (and we know they are anxious to paint the owner as black as possible like calling it filthy when it has no bad health reports).

Save    
ann_t

Mrsk, do you have a legitimate source for this rumour? Besides Daddy Huckabee, and the Fox bimbo?

I would think that if what you are saying actually happened, Sarah would have tweeted about that as well.

3 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

The only one saying that is daddy Huckabee. At least my GOP gov is not stepping in to control an investigation into his son.

2 Likes Save    
jillinnj

The Olde Red Hen in Collingwood, Ontario has been taking a beating from American reviewers with nasty comments online.

Sigh. Shows you how dumb a certain segment of our population is.

5 Likes Save    
whynottryit

If anyone has a lawsuit it would be Sarah Sanders. The restaurant could be sued for discrimination.

Mrskjun, discrimination lawsuits are only applicable to protected classes and are only viable when discrimination occurs because one belongs to such a class. Since the only protected class that Sanders would be considered belonging to is being a woman and she was not asked to leave because she is a woman, such a lawsuit would not be allowed to stand on those grounds. There may be other actions that she could take but that particular one would not be available to her.

5 Likes Save    
jillinnj

" and when they use the old one, it's pejorative"

I guess the comment with that line was poof'd because I don't see it.

But, it's ridiculous. Only in the person's mind is that the case. No wonder they're on the defensive so much.

Save    
jodik_gw

Well, if a bakery can refuse service to a gay couple, I suppose it's only fair that a restaurant can refuse service to whomever they choose, as well.

3 Likes Save    
CindyMac(8b)

Found out last night that Sanders party moved across the street to a different restaurant and the owner of the Red Hen followed them and caused a scene there.

Gateway Pundit = far-right pro-Trump site = BS

5 Likes Save    
lily316

Sarah's children will find out if they don't already know that their mother is a lying nasty woman who pimps for the lying cretin in the White House.

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

Gateway Pundit? What are you talking about CindyMac?

Save    
whynottryit

We report the truth - And leave the Russia-Collusion fairy tale to the Conspiracy media

Save    
whynottryit

Above is the banner for Gateway Pundit. I couldn't get an actual image.

Save    
whynottryit

In late 2004 I started The Gateway Pundit blog after the presidential election. At that time I had my twin brother Joe and my buddy Chris as regular readers. A lot has changed since then.

Today The Gateway Pundit is one of the top political websites. The Gateway Pundit has 15 million visits each month (Stat Counter – Google Analytics). It is consistently ranked as one of the top political blogs in the nation. TGP has been cited by Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, The Drudge Report, The Blaze, Mark Levin, FOX Nation and by several international news organizations.

ETA: This is the "About" page of their website. LINK

Save    
CindyMac(8b)

She knows what it is. She either got her fake news there (like the person above) or some other far right "news" site.

Save    
whynottryit

CindyMac...just wanted to be sure we all had the same knowledge of the site. It seems important these days.

2 Likes Save    
cattyles

Call me crazy but I think if you do business with the public.....you should do business with the public. Bake the cake. Sell the chicken. Teach the child. Care for the sick person. Get on with your day and help others do the same. It's not that hard.

8 Likes Save    
Bunny

I'm far from a fan of SHS. If the reservation was made in her husband's name, the "Sanders" part was a huge clue. When they arrived, refusing to seat them would have been awkward enough, but seating them, taking their order, and then serving them their cheese course BEFORE deciding to ask them to leave was just stupid. If they were not rude and obnoxious or bothering other customers, you just bite the bullet, kick yourself for not putting 2+2 together sooner, and serve them their meal like any other human being.

There aren't a lot of people I would consider total lost causes, and that includes SHS. I don't like her, but one never knows when kindness to another will make an inroad and let in some light.

6 Likes Save    

Bake the cake. Sell the chicken. Teach the child. Care for the sick person

Talk to the press in a professional manner.

9 Likes Save    
cattyles

That, too. Absolutely. My statement still stands.

1 Like Save    
whynottryit

I agree with you save for one point, bunnyfoof. Sarah is, I fear, a very lost cause. She has drunk deep from the well of Trump poison.

Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

Sarah Sanders was a huge snowflake on this.

1 Like Save    
redsox_gw

We report the truth - And leave the Russia-Collusion fairy tale to the Conspiracy media

When my parents read me Grimm's fairy tales, I don't recall 23 indictments in them. Nor 5 guilty pleas. We must have read different ones than your family.

7 Likes Save    
queenmargo

There aren't a lot of people I would consider total lost causes, and that includes SHS. I don't like her, but one never knows when kindness to another will make an inroad and let in some light.

So, in the after thought this would make sense, but think about it, if SHS was treated like normal after the cheese course and the owners looked past their hate since they did not throw her out from the onset, how would SHS know the beam of kindness light was bestowed upon her? I think it is best that their true colors came out. Let the public decide.

The Red Hen scored a Fowl ;), they were outa bounds.

Save    
Eliana

People who are willing to let themselves be used by repulsive bullies to help carry out their dirty deeds, have personality disorders themselves that makes it possible for them to do what others would find repugnant.

1 Like Save    
Ann

Sarah's children will find out if they don't already know that their mother is a lying nasty woman who pimps for the lying cretin in the White House.

My gosh! There has to be so much anger behind a comment like this! It's getting weird on HT and everywhere right now. The anger feels out of control.

5 Likes Save    
CindyMac(8b)

There's no denying she's a lying woman. Unfortunately, her children may suffer a similar fate since you learn by example.

3 Likes Save    
queenmargo

That travel ban being upheld has got the Dems all in a tither lol

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

All of them (press secretaries) lie or mislead or distract deliberately. SHS excels at it and seems she can't help but hand them out. And, her decision to treat questions she doesn't want with nastiness is shameful.

PS: it's not the travel ban. It was expected. It would have been hard to get it wrong three times, though doable. And after stacking the court.

5 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

Just wonder how the left would feel if someone denied service to the Obama's?

I know what Gateway Pundit is Cindy. I didn't get my info from there. And I guess you only have two choices. Far right or far left. Pick your poison.

Save    
lilacinjust

sunflower_petal(5a)

Sarah Sanders was a huge snowflake on this.

^^^^^^

How so? Aside from addressing it officially on her Twitter AFTER media inquiries because the story got out, and making a brief and very fair statement prior to her press conference yesterday?

Seriously?

Has she called for boycotts?

Has she organized a march? A #hashtag campaign? A Go Fund Me page?

Has she knitted a hat?

Has she done ANYTHING that the Left does reflexively when they perceive the slightest of slights?

On what are you basing your accusation?

2 Likes Save    
lilacinjust

mrskjun(9)

Just wonder how the left would feel if someone denied service to the Obama's?

^^^^^^^

You know it would involve the words, "racism" and "lynching".

1 Like Save    
lilacinjust

My gosh! There has to be so much anger behind a comment like this! It's getting weird on HT and everywhere right now. The anger feels out of control.

^^^^^^

This is who the Democrats are. They are the party of misogyny, the party of Jim Crow and the party of the KKK.

The only difference is that this time, it's a white woman and the white sheets are off their heads.

2 Likes Save    
lily316

Why did Sarah tweet about it? (against policy). The Red Hen people weren't mentioning it. By the way, it's impossible to get a reservation there now. If the tRump cult thinks they will mess up their reservations, I'd suggest that their credit card needs to be given for phone reservations.I'd put nothing past these trumpeters. Dotard inflamed them. Just like Fallon said...don't you have anything important to do than tweeting your fat little thumbs off?

1 Like Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

"How so? Aside from addressing it officially on her Twitter On what are you basing your accusation?"

Ok, I'll answer even though you and most conservatives don't answer my questions.

She put it out on her govt Twitter account. That didn't need to be done. She could have used her personal Twitter account. Using her govt account gave extra weight to it which she knew it would.

5 Likes Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

"Just wonder how the left would feel if someone denied service to the Obama's?"

An individual business owner can make his/her own decision. I would not criticize them. Just like I said that advertisers were welcome to pull their ads from Samantha Bee.

Save    
purrmich _6

Princess sarah did the classic passive aggressive move. Told everyone - via her government twitter account - how nice and polite she had been.

Except it isn't nice to ID the restaurant and whine about it as you're standing behind your government issued podium.

That's the issue! Her misuse of her job and it's privileges.

When you add in sarah's personality to her lying everyday - I wouldn't want her in this tiny little space either.

And what are you talking about mrsk? Denying service to the Obama's? What possible relationship does that have to this issue?

If you really believe there is no middle ground, objective news source ..... that is very sad. Because you clearly haven't looked beyond infowars.

8 Likes Save    
lilacinjust

lily316

Why did Sarah tweet about it? (against policy).

^^^^^^

No, it wasn't. It explicitly was not against any policy, in fact, SHS was responding to official inquiries about which she happened to be the subject matter.

The story was already out there.

Is this all you have? Try to blame the victim further, on a technicality?

1 Like Save    
CindyMac(8b)

Just to clarify ... Sarah was the sole supplier.

1 Like Save    
lilacinjust

purrmich _6

Princess sarah did the classic passive aggressive move. Told everyone - via her government twitter account - how nice and polite she had been.

^^^^^^^

And giving her honest account is bad, why? She was polite. There is not ONE account to the contrary.

Yes, it makes your side look even nuttier when you can't provoke Trump's administration and supporters to make themselves lower themselves to your level.

SHS- didn't take the bait.

Pam Bondi- stood strong and didn't take the bait.

Kirstjen Nielson- staying strong and not reacting to the lunatics on the Left.

Despite much harassment, provocation, intimidation and threatening behavior, Republican woman and Trump supporters have shown strength and resolve in the face of alt-Left ugliness.

What is it with attacking Republican women? Is this part of the Democrat's platform in 2018? An appeal to the wife-beating base??

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

There are some times where anger is justified.. abuse of children being one. If you aren’t angry you are complicit.

5 Likes Save    
cattyles

What a simplistic misrepresentation. But that's all ya got.

2 Likes Save    
ann_t

"How so? Aside from addressing it officially on her Twitter AFTER media inquiries because the story got out, and making a brief and very fair statement prior to her press conference yesterday?"

She violated an Ethics Law. But hey you just go right on making excuses for her.

5 Likes Save    
ann_t

"There are some times where anger is justified.. abuse of children being one. If you aren’t angry you are complicit."

Yup!!!!!

1 Like Save    
lilacinjust

Kathy

There are some times where anger is justified.. abuse of children being one. If you aren’t angry you are complicit.

^^^^

No, Kathy, if you're sane and not allowing your feckless Democratic politicians to lead you into anarchy and foment violence, you are definitely not complicit.

This is not binary, despite what your leaders have been telling you.

Your false choice is quite convenient, but any civilized human being sees through the ruse and understands the facile attempt to act out, what with all the winning Trump is doing.