SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bandit5213

Help to update & brighten new home

bandit5213
5 years ago

We recently purchased a new (to us) house. Although I love the house, the current paint colors feel dark and stifling. We’d like to update the paint and light fixtures. All trim, doors, and plantation blinds are SW6119 Antique White, and we do not want to repaint all of this. The kitchen cabinets are a similar cream color. I’m having trouble finding colors that go with the trim and slate backsplash in the kitchen. We’re keeping a brown leather sofa and the dining room furniture (shown in photo). We’re replacing the rest of the furniture in the kitchen and family room and buying new area rugs. The tile and countertops in the master bath are tan stone. I’d appreciate any help with paint colors and area rugs (we want wool) that will look great with the Antique White trim and brown sofa. Thank you for any suggestions!

Close up of kitchen backsplash; you can also see a little bit of the countertop color:

I love this painting and would like to be able to incorporate it somewhere (haven't purchased it yet):

We have a Michalopoulos painting that we'd like to keep, but we can change the frame:

Comments (7)