SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pinkpants25

Kitchen designer ordered the wrong cabinets - what's reasonable comp?

Jennifer P
5 years ago
My kitchen designer (also project manager of the overall renovation) ordered my cabinets in the wrong color (medium grey instead of white), and the door style of the glass bar cabinet is wrong. It's not what I signed off on and my designer admitted it was her mistake when ordering, not the cabinet company. She gave me the option of keeping the wrong cabinets, but I declined since I chose the white ones purposefully and chose the rest of the materials (counter, flooring, etc) based on white cabinets. She ordered the correct color but I was informed there was no way to expedite the order and it would extend our timeline by an additional 4 weeks, putting the overall project at 8ish weeks vs the original 4. I still don't have a new estimate completion date, so I'm making an assumption based on when the cabinets will be delivered. We were on track until the cabiets came in. In light of all these issues, what is a reasonable expectation for compensation? She has not offered anything, but this has been a giant hassle, especially since our laundry room and powder room are also part of the renovation and they have also not been completed. Should I expect some sort of a discount for this completely avoidable mistake?

Comments (13)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022