SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shewolffe

Main Bath Renovation - Before and After - WOW

Wolffe Interiors
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We bought our 1989 home this past October 2017. This is the third bathroom my husband and I have worked on together and I think this has to be the prettiest one ever. The room is only 5 x 7, it was dark as a dungeon and everything in it was ugly and dated, the tub and sink were a horrible beige/yellow. My husband and son demo'd the whole room and I bought a new jet tub, toilet and vanity. We had to bring the tub in through my dining room wall! I selected light, faux marble tile in 12 x 24 format, and an accent tile. I'm proud to say I installed all of it myself. :-) My husband is my plumber, electrician and all around strong guy, so we make a pretty good team. I had to have a window, the room was so incredibly dark and we have a lovely wooded back yard. I wanted a pivot shower panel instead of a traditional shower door because the room is so small, and the panel is nearly invisible. I also wanted to install an in-between the studs shelf backed with mirror and glass shelving. It is a small room with a huge blank wall and needed something special to add sparkle and interest. I love designing bathrooms, this one was the smallest I've worked on and probably the most challenging. I am amazed at how light and bright it is now!

Before - Dark and dated

Room is Demo'd

Window installed

Tile begins

Before and after grouting

Almost finished - Shower Panel installed

Finished Room -- see, the shower panel is hardly noticeable.

In-between the stud shelf

Comments (20)