SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_63319360046951836

I find our living room awkward. How can I maximise the space?

Heath
5 years ago

This is our first home and my first time really caring about how we decorate. Here is what I am looking for advice on:

furniture: should we add anything else, I realise now the chair may be to big but we are stuck with it. Should we move it around? Also, the TV is staying but not the stand. What should go there instead? We are going to mount the TV. Black Ikea chair is also not staying.

floor: I am planning to have a rug, what colour would go well? The last pic in the album is what I am thinking, and the size 7'8" by 10'3". Would this brighten up the room?

walls: what should we put on the walls?!? We are thinking we definitely need something over the couch, maybe the chair too? What colours would go well??

other: any other suggestions? I think the room looks dark, how can I brighten it? I've been reading up alot on interior design, but I just don't have an eye for it.

Also, I'm not sure what my design style is, maybe a little mid century modern and a little urban chic? I just want to have an Instagram worthy living room on a tight budget!!! ha ha

dimensions:

Comments (20)