SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
americanwoman54

To refinish my 1950's Florida terrazzo floors or not...

Linda
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
I am in a quandary as to what to do. I need to replace my carpet but underneath the carpet in half the house (no terrazzo in the two room additions) is a terrazzo floor that doesn't go at all with my decor that I have now which means new paint and probably new furniture due to the styles not working that I can see. But besides this, the living room opens into the dining and family rooms (the blue rooms in the photos) which are the rooms that don't have it, so I would have to put carpet there, but not sure how that would look and even what color to get. Also, I remodeled my galley kitchen a few years back and put white tile over it as it was just too dark for such a small space, so then I would have 3 different surfaces. I want to to keep my coral and Ming green bathroom, but that is for another thread. Would love any help or suggestions as to what to do with the rest of the house. Will attach a close-up of the terrazzo ( it is light and dark grey, white, pinkish-coral and turquoise) and the rooms that are causing the problem.

Comments (19)