SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mpikul9

Should exterior paint "go along" with the house's interior paint?

mpikul9
5 years ago

The exterior of my 1908 Craftsman bungalow is sage green with cream and red accents. I love it. It completely fits the style of the house, but... I really don't want green inside my home. Well, I do have a light green in my bathroom and it is very nice. The interior color in the dining room (which gets north and east light) is red. The living room and kitchen color are both Shaker beige. Living room gets solely West light. Kitchen gets East light (and is extended from dining room). I really do not like the Shaker beige at all. Red -- just want a change. But this light is making it crazy hard to choose a paint. After 2 years (yes 2!) of learning about light and testing many paints, I'm leaning toward Benjamin Moore Classic Gray throughout the house (fearing it may be too light in LR and kitchen though) and in the dining room, installing wood trim or wainscotting to split top from bottom and painting bottom Van Deusen blue with Classic Gray above. Green house? Blue/Gray interior? Does it work?

Comments (4)