SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bonitapplebum

Sliding door and large window - roman shades or something different?

bonitapplebum
5 years ago

I have a sliding door and a large window in my kitchen and I'm trying to figure out what kind of window cover would work best for both. They are side by side so they'll have to match.

Also important question: do all of window treatments in a home have to match? For example, this kitchen dining area feels like 1 space, I have a very tall off white linen curtain set in my great room/living room because that's one big separate space, and I still have to figure out what to do in bedrooms and bathrooms. For example, could I do a natural material like hemp in the kitchen and fabric roman shades in the rest of the home etc?

I currently have blinds on the sliding door but I don't like them. The window has blinds but the string is hard to use and I would like to replace both with something more elegant. I'm a little stumped by the sliding door however. The obvious thing seems curtains on the sliding door but I'd like to block out and so it seems I'll have to use thick curtains (with liner) and when I have them open, that will mean a bunch of volume on one end. I have seen roman shades on sliding doors but idk how functional they are in real life.

What should I go with?

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths