SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
starfire1020

Fruit tree pests?

Mary
5 years ago

Hello. I am new to growing fruit trees and have several questions/issues. I live in Riverside Iowa. I purchase 5 fruit trees online (White Peach, Red Peach, 2 Plums, and a White Nectarine) and 4 fruit trees from the local nursery (Gala apple, Jonathon apple, Bartlett pear, Parker pear). The ones purchased online were planted in early April, the ones from the nursery were planted in early May.

1.) All but one (Plum) purchased from online have not developed leaves. The branches for most of the others have turned greenish so I am pretty sure they are not dead. I have noticed webs on them each morning that tend to wrap around the few leaves it has. Could this be spider mites? Would it cause the other trees to not develop leaves? We sprayed them all earlier this week but still notice webs.

2.) The leaves on the one from the nursery (Parker pear) and one from online (Plum) have started turning blackish-brown on the tips. Could this be due to spider mites or is some kind of fungus?

I have had no issues with the Gala apple. I water each of the trees with 5L of water every 2-4 days.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comment (1)