SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
becky22546

Will it look weird if windows on the front elevation differ in height?

Becky
5 years ago

I rearranged my kitchen layout based on comments I received here. We added 2 windows flanking the stove hood and one on the adjacent wall above our sink. Our inspiration photo had tall windows, so that is what we went with. I think it looks odd on the front elevation because the doors and windows are all the same height except for the one above the sink. However, elevations are drawn in 2-D and don't really show that the depth/wall offsets. The wall that the sink window is on is approx. 14.5 feet behind the wall that the front door and other windows are on. (I'm attaching the floor plan and front elevation in hopes of making some sense of that.) What do you think? If that wall/window is offset 14.5 feet behind the others will it look weird if they are different heights? I can change the window above the sink to a shorter window so everything lines up on the front elevation, but that might look weird on the interior?

Here is the front elevation (blue arrow points to the sink window) and floor plan to show how far offset the kitchen wall is:

And, here is the inspiration photo that inspired the height of the kitchen windows:

Comments (14)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio