SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cac546

What did you gift your builder's team at the end?

cac546
5 years ago

I understand not everyone does this and it's not necessary. That being said, we've had an extraordinary experience building our custom home over the past two years and would like to give gifts to the team at our closing next week. I've gotten to know them well enough where I have decent ideas about what they would like, I'm just struggling with how much to spend. We would like to give them a nice gift without having it be awkward/uncomfortable/excessive.

If you don't mind sharing, I would love to get a general idea of the monetary value of any gifts you gave to the builder's team (I'm talking the 4 people we worked with the entire time, not subs) and, if you're willing to share even a very vague range, a ballpark idea of the cost of your house.

If you are or work for a custom home builder I would also love to hear your honest thoughts on this! Again, I understand it's not necessary or perhaps even expected, but we understand how hard custom builds can be and feel very grateful. Is there a value of gift that would feel to you like a very nice gift without being awkward?

Comments (8)