SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
snowj

Curb appeal for 1960's L-shaped Ranch

J Snow
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I am looking for ideas to give my tired L-shaped ranch an update. It has light gray steel siding, black roof and white windows that will all remain. We are going to paint the trim, fascia, screen porch and garage door this summer. Also building wood shutters to replace the ugly plastic. All of the above have always been white. I'm not opposed to sticking with white if that is the best choice but just thought I would seek ideas from you good folk to see if anyone has a twist that could create some interest in the very basic house.

We will also replace the front door that currently has a single long sidelight and try and update the front porch. Maybe with a pergola or tear out the cement step and replace with wood porch of some kind? That of course would prompt a reworking of the sidewalk and landscaping. As always...one thing leads to another, right?

So, I'm looking for trim colors, shutter ideas, front porch ideas, front door ideas and sidewalk ideas. Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Front of house

Back screen porch - live here in the summer!

Reason we purchased a nondescript ranch....for the view!

Comments (12)