SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smolnar

Need Advice: Beige Valspar Wall Paint Color for Coastal Home

Sue
5 years ago

I just moved into a townhome across the street from the Gulf of Mexico. Our furniture and decor is coastal, with an aqua sofa, off-white chairs, and blue, aqua, and deep coral accents in other fabrics, pillows, artwork, and decor pieces. The floors are oak hardwood (a bit on the orangy side, which I'm not crazy about and don't want to highlight) and the built-in bookcases, crown, and baseboards are white. We want to paint the walls a light taupe.

In our previous home (same furniture/decor), we used Sherwin Williams Sand Dollar, which is a taupe that is not too dark, with a hint of pink (as opposed to yellow or green). After having lived with that for three years, I now want to stay with a taupe-y beige, but I want to go a little lighter. I still don't want green or yellow undertones, but don't really want pink, either. When I was still thinking Sherwin Williams, someone here suggested Accessible Beige. I picked up a chip and it seemed right, since it was still a taupe, was lighter than Sand Dollar, but was still enough contrast for the crown and other white woodwork to stand out.

But now I want to switch to Valspar paint (our painter likes it better than SW). The Valspar color that seems to be close to Accessible Beige is Warm Putty, with the next possibility being Villa Grey. Has anyone used either of those colors so that you can let me know whether they have green, pink, or yellow undertones (which I don't want), and if they are fairly light taupes, but are deep enough to allow white trim to pop against them?

Or, does anyone have a different Valspar color you think would meet my criteria well?

Looking forward to your input!

Sue

Comments (2)