SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlasell

Yellow Brick Ranch Needs Exterior Make-Over

jlasell
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We have a 1959 sprawling ranch with blonde brick and original cedar board and batten siding. The windows are beige vinyl framed replacements.

The roof and gutters were just replaced. I'd like to paint the cedar siding, underside of soffit and fascia to compliment the blonde brick and unify the exterior of the house so it does not appear quite so long and low.

One idea is to paint the walls and fascia the same color and the underside of the soffit a cream or off- white color to get more light reflecting into the house.

I'd also like to replace the garage door with a flat panel (no windows) model to modernize the look a little. We are also thinking to enlarging the main entry columns so they don't look so small.

So all that said, I would appreciate some advice on paint colors for wall, fascia and soffit underside. Also if we widen the columns and paint the garage door, one idea is to do the columns and garage door in a dark stained cedar so they tie together. Thoughts on that idea? Would it be better to paint the columns and garage door a complimentary color?

Thanks very much!!

Comments (3)