SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jcorn1

Need Recliner sofas ASAP. Lazy boy Rowan, Duo, Oscar, other brands?.

J Corn
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Is it possible to get comfortable recliner sofas if one doesn’t have a sky high budget,? Also, what is the minimum suggested budget for low to moderately priced sofa that hopefully have some durability?

We urgently need 2 matching recliner sofas, not a sectional, for our family room. Our very old recliners are literally falling apart, barely functional, and extremely uncomfortable.

We looked at both the Rowan and Oscar Lazy Boy sofas. Does anyone have these? If so, like them or hate them? I realize we can’t afford heirloom quality sofas or ones that last as long superior brands.

Because we’re expecting several rounds of house guests in about a month and we have some savings set aside, this seems the time to buy. Our expected guests have always been considerate of our home so we see no no reason to wait or subject our guests to our current recliners.

The Lazy-boys felt comfortable ( as would nearly anything compared to our current recliners) A friend recommended we also look at brands sold by Macy’s. I’m lost when it comes to today’s models and would greatly appreciate any recommendations for brands, styles, etc.

Comments (9)

• Lindsey B
    5 years ago
    I sold la-z-boy, I think if you don’t go leather, and you don’t get powered... it’s a good chair for the price.

If you want leather I would go for Flexsteel.
    J Corn thanked Lindsey B
  • J Corn
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I’m so grateful for the information, especially about brands. .

We can’t use a sectional in the room due to wall, entry doors and window configurations so we’re going with recliner sofas , preferably matching, and the same size. Leather isn’t an option because my spouse doesn’t like the feel of leather and the room tends to be on the cool side.

• George Vaggelatos
    4 years ago

Aims, I have the same sofa as you, do you find that the recliner is uncomfortable and feels like it doesn't recline all the way?

• Stefanie Gorsuch
    3 years ago

@Aims and @George Vaggelatos - I just looked at this sectional at Lazy Boy yesterday. I'm in the market for a sectional that's not really bulky and this seemed comfortable at the store. How is it holding up???

• George Vaggelatos
    3 years ago

Stefanie, as a couch it's great (looks and material) the actual recliner is more of a gimmick, it does not recline fully and the foot rest is short. Go to the store and test it out for more than 5 minutes before you buy. my guests love it but for me sitting on it all the time the reclining option is not comfortable.

• Aims
    3 years ago

It’s held up quite nicely. You can tell the areas that we sit on more than others, but we have been very happy. Looks great in our space.

• PRO
    designshub
    3 years ago

I like this brand la-z boy and they made quality product till now.

• Debi F
    2 years ago

I’m considering buying a Lazy Boy Collins sofa and love seat. I can’t find any reviews on line. Does anyone have one bought in the recent past and are you happy with the quality?
    A year ago I purchased a King Hickory which I feel is well made but I went too neutral on the color and want a deeper seat cushion. I don’t want to move down in quality. Thank you!