SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cedarburgcapecod

what is "Classic Cape Cod" interior style?

cedarburgcapecod
5 years ago
Hello All!
Several years ago we purchased a cape cod style house that was built in 1971. We have replaced most of the mechanicals and removed the "vintage 1971" choices, such as dark paneling, Z brick in the kitchen, and colorful sinks and toilets.
This is the year we will replace the upstairs windows and will finally start making other parts of the house "pretty". Along with the windows, we would like to replace the beat up interior doors, various light fixtures and flooring in the main upstairs bath and the half bath downstairs.
The issue is DH thinks we should replace the windows and doors with something that will match the existing woodwork, which is all dark oak. Usually, I agree with him about NOT painting woodwork if it's in good condition, BUT this house is quite dark (it's a cape cod and we can't take down walls without considerable expense). I think we should go with white doors and windows and paint or replace the trim.
So, can you show me what is a "classic cape cod" when it come to trim, interior door style, lighting and bathroom floors?

Comments (7)