SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shayda_rashidi

Need Advice On Ficus after repot with Gritty Mix

shayda_rashidi
5 years ago

I am hoping this post will find Al (Tapla) to get some advise. I repotted both my Ficus Audrey and Ficus Lyrata last weekend on May 26th and live in Oakland Area zone 10a. I repotted both of them using Al's gritty mix. The Ficus Lyrata is placed in my front east facing window with bright indirect light. I have know placed the Audrey outdoors under the canopy of my Angel's Trumpet tree so that it can get better lighting. Both ficus looked okay for first two days and then gradual decline. After rereading previous posts, I learned that Al recommends barerooting evergreens into sections which I did not do. I completely barerooted both ficus'. The ficus was repotted coming from nursery containers. They both had pretty serious deformities in the roots so I did a lot of pruning (but maybe too much). I am worried these guys won't bounce back and they looked so healthy before I decided to repot ( I have had them both for about 8 months and was waiting for warmer weather to change the soil). Should I prune the top in any way? Or should I just leave them be and make sure to keep up on the watering? Do I still want to wait to fertilize until I see new growth? Need some guidance :(

Comments (3)