SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_41522116

Hydracore Innova Luxe Floor Brand at Menard's

User
5 years ago

We are getting ready to install laminate plank in our home. After looking at countless options, we came across a brand called Hydracore Innova Luxe at Menard's. We immediately fell in love with the floor and it beat out the other floors we had considered at a speciality flooring store in terms of design and comfort. We brought home a box and laid enough of a sample to test. It looks and feels great under our feet, especially with the attached underlay. However, we can't seem to find any reviews for this product. Has anyone installed this in their home? If so, what did you think about it? It seems like a great quality product, but I am nervous about how limited information is out there about it.

Comments (33)

• Spencer Douglas
    5 years ago

Hi there; I found this post when looking for reviews of this flooring which I can't seem to find any. Were you able to find any reviews? Did you end up purchasing and installing this product?

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I never found any reviews. However, we did decide to purchase it, but have not yet installed it. We opened up one box and loosely laid it out, walked over it, etc. and I have to say that it felt pretty good underfoot. That was even just laying it over existing tile. I did notice that Shaw Industries is listed on the box as the manufacturer. That makes me feel a little better about installing it knowing it is backed by a larger, well-known company. I will post an update once we get it installed in a few weeks.

• Spencer Douglas
    5 years ago

That's great! We look forward to the update in a few weeks!

• Mandy Sweeten
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I am curious too, just bought 10 boxes for kitchen

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

As with any renovation project, we have run into a few hiccups and still have not yet installed the floor. I did put a few boards together today and submerged it in water for a few minutes. I was surprised there was no damage. Has anyone else installed yet and have a report to share?

• Spencer Douglas
    5 years ago

Honestly I was waiting and hoping to see your pictures first, haha! Would you be able to upload any pictures that you've taken so far. I'm curious if it looks at all like the photo that Menards has on their website. I am thinking about installing it in a bathroom so that's good to hear that the water didn't damage it.

• Mandy Sweeten
    5 years ago

Did it last weekend. Love

User thanked Mandy Sweeten
  • Spencer Douglas
    5 years ago

Looks, awesome! How was the install? Any issues or recommendations you'd pass along?

• Mandy Sweeten
    5 years ago

It was seriously easy as any vinyl plank install. It was a very well made product and the tongue and grooves fit perfectly without problem. It was packaged well with no broken corners. I was pleasantly surprised. I loved the attached pad.

A knife score will not work. I used a miter saw and jig saw for cuts.

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Your installation looks great! Thanks for posting your pics. Did you install directly over subfloor or did you put down some sort of underlayment?

• Mandy Sweeten
    5 years ago

Just a vapor barrier

• jackieg16
    5 years ago

Hi Mandy- I love how your floor turned out- do you know what color you got? We just purchased some and I'm hoping it was that color! Very helpful to see it laid down. Thank you, Jackie

• jackieg16
    5 years ago

Looks very nice- we bought the same floor for our basement so it is nice to see how it looks.

• HU-846662102
    5 years ago

I am installing 1500+ sqft. Very easy to install and cut. You can cut with a sharp Utility blade. I also cut with a miter saw. You must use a block or a spare piece and a hammer to lock pieces in place. The stair bullnose piece are expensive if you are going to do you stairs in this flooring and there are two lengths and only one style of transition pieces.. Inevitably some pieces will pop and I installed over plywood throughout my house. It is a good quality of flooring for the price and to an untrained eye it looks like wood. Lowest price I found it for was $51 a box

• Skip Wiford
    5 years ago

We just purchased this to put in a new 4 season room with a concrete floor, has anyone else installed this over concrete? My biggest concern is that the 4 season room is aluminum, what type of trim should I use or could I glue the perimeter to hold the floor in place?

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Skip Wiford, I would not glue the floor to the perimeter. In order for this type of floor to work, it needs to be able to "float" to accommodate expansion and contraction of the planks with temperature fluctuations. I would be worried the floor would buckle if you glued it down, especially in a 4 seasons room where temperature might change a bit more than the rest of your house. Can you send a picture of the room? That might help us determine the type of trim you could use.

• HU-629209370
    5 years ago

Katie F, did you guys end up installing this flooring? If so, what are your thoughts? I still can't really find any reviews for it.

• HU-337767879
    5 years ago

We are looking at a few different flooring for our basement, and we really like this one. Does anybody that installed this have an update on how it takes regular wear and tear? I’ve seen some newer plank flooring that scratches so easily.

• Dewey Gregory
    4 years ago

Over 30 .I've .I've hydrocore 4 years I've .

• Mary Elizabeth
    4 years ago

Spencer Douglas, and future reference for others - there is a special saw called an "undercut saw". It has an very fine, thin, SHARP blade. The design of the handle allows you to lay it flush with your new flooring and "undercut" the door jambs for a perfect fit.

• jessie james
    4 years ago

we used this floor for our kitchen then went back and got more for the bathroom and dining room. we love it but the room transitions at menards are not the best, we found simple solutions at lowes make better ones ( https://www.lowes.com/pd/SimpleSolutions-2-37-in-x-78-7-in-Ocean-View-Oak-4-n-1-Floor-Moulding/1000341453)

pros: easy to install, can be cut with a razor and a speed square then snapped over your leg(also doesn't make a mess this way) , it has a thin clear layer for wear and scratches, edges can be easily trimmed with a razor if its a little to long or up to an uneven wall

cons: groves between tiles are annoying to sweep, transitions kept with it could be better and they only carry ones for standard doorways, scratches are hard to see until they get dirt in them (we have light grey flooring) https://www.menards.com/main/flooring-rugs/vinyl-flooring/vinyl-planks/hydracore-reg-innova-luxe-5-x-36-02-floating-vinyl-plank-20-01-sq-ft-ctn/048uv03604/p-1549524483550-c-6617.htm?tid=5119429435423368322&ipos=1

User thanked jessie james
  • Misty Pelayo
    3 years ago

we are thinking about installing this flooring. does anyone have any updated review?

• User
    Original Author
    3 years ago

We've had it installed for about a year and a half now and LOVE it. It is installed in our master bath. While it doesn't have the same amount of traffic as other areas of the house, it appears to be durable. We've had some shower leaks and this floor still looks as good as the first day we installed it. As others mentoned, the transition strips from Menards are not the best quality, but that can easily be swapped out.

• Jenny Harders Schmitz
    3 years ago

We just brought home just one box to lay out as a larger sample. I've had my eye on this for a couple of months and can't find anything else that I like the color, width, texture and quality as much as for the price. Was searching for reviews and happened to come across this discussion, and so glad I did! Thank you for the advice, and those that provided pictures! It's gorgeous!

• HU-846662102
    3 years ago

previously installed the 1500+sq fr a couple years ago. No issues with the planks, a few popped but I blame the installer (me). Still looks good, no wear points. Only complaint is the transition pieces. The pieces look good it is just the crappy fasteners they give you to hold them into place. I have little kids who crawl and drag their feet which breaks/loosens them on the long or short runs. I would recommend in any space. We put in our entire living areas up stairs and 3 rooms on the main level. I am going to remove the main level and put it in the basement but just for engineered hardwood

• Spencer Douglas
    3 years ago

We installed about 1,000sf this March in main living areas and on the stairs. So far so good for us; we do have one spot that dented from a leg of an ottoman that had a very pointed leg and we didn’t have any protection on it so I blame us. Otherwise with 2 kids and a dog it’s holding up great. I agree on the transition strips somehow I wish they made them out of different material. Still finishing up some other quarantine projects ha!

• prskier17
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I am having this floor installed in our basement (concrete floor) as part of our basement finishing project. I forgot to order the transitions and just had to do a special order from Menards for Framerica brand end cap transitions. Our flooring is the Berkley Oak color. Can someone please recommend a better transition option since several people have commented that they didn't like the Menards transition? The lead time is about a month so if I can get something sooner that is better and matches the color it would be great! Thanks, Chris

• HU-846662102
    3 years ago

it is not the actual strip that is the issue, it is the fastening system. In a basement the fasteners they give won’t work. You could glue it down if you anticipate never replacing the floor. If not menards has a bunch of transition pieces for a number of different types of floors by MD in the tile/carpet section on an end cap that look good as well

• R C
    3 years ago

Hi @Spencer Douglas thank you for the pics. It looks great!! Have you had any issues with constant smudges or footprints that require constant cleaning?

• R C
    3 years ago

@HU-846662102 which color did you install? Do you have any pics you can share? Have you had any issues with cleaning it? (Is it easy to see footprints and smudges?) thanks!

• R C
    3 years ago

@User Are you still liking your floors? Which color did you put in? Do you have any pics you can share? How easy is it to clean? I want to make sure it doesn’t have issues with constant footprints or smudges like some of the other Shaw products have had. Thanks!

• Sally Eichenberg
    3 years ago

Has anyone installed this flooring over electric radiant heat mats.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!