SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melody_yang12

Help! Lemon seedling leaves drooping

Melody Yang
5 years ago

Hello! I am growing lemon plants indoors, from seed. They were doing very well, when all of a sudden, some of the leaves started looking droopy, soft to the touch, and limp, like they're too weak to hold themselves up. I didn't change anything in how I took care of these plants, but the weather became a lot warmer and sunnier recently. I looked around online and found suggestions that I might be overwatering the plants, and they might need more light? I put them outside in sunlight, but it was too hot and dry so some of the leaves shriveled up. I also found some suggestions online that they might be outgrowing their pots and the soil might not have enough oxygen, so I repotted them in fresh compost. They were looking okay and I put them inside where they were growing before, but out of direct sunlight. Now, some of the leaves are looking weak and droopy again, even more severe than before! I can't tell whether I'm overwatering or underwatering these plants, and I can't tell whether they are getting too much or too little sunlight. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks!!

Comments (19)