SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissajking

Mess. Just a mess that needs help, lol

Melissa King
5 years ago

Hi all,

Just bought a home. I'd love to just type "rustic, grey, blue, ocean/beach" into a search field and have it populate some dining, living room, and mud room furniture that all matches each other with the same grey, blue, tan and brown colors.

Yeah. I bet we all would!

I know I want grey end tables with drawers. Grey dining, and grey hall tree, or shoe rack with chair. Blue recliner and couch, tan, teal, grey, blue, etc. accents.

Most of anything I try to focus on is not solid color, but has black or white as a base.

Like, a grey tabletop but black metal legs, or something.

I can't even find a driftwood theme, or ocean theme, that really looks natural or abstract. It's all shiny fish or anchors.

Or wicker, lol. I want wood.

How on earth can I do this? Also the house is a muddled mess of un-matching browns. At first I thought I'd just get some mixed brown furniture, but I just can't stand it. Nothing works, and nothing matches. I'm going to repaint the kitchen cabinets, repaint the molding, and we're debating how much it would be to redo the wood floors in grey wood, rather than tan. I can live with the floor though, if I throw a rug over it.

Any advice on this mess? lol Thanks!

Also the realtor said the lighting needs updating, but I have no idea what would look updated in the space. Examples? TY!

Comments (9)