SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jolynne28

Need help choosing light gray color to go with reddish orange floors!

jolynne28
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi all,

I've done lots of renovations to a previous home, and also built a home within the last year, but this paint color is just killing me. We own a rental property, and are doing some renovations in between tenants this summer. One is repainting the entire unit all one color, a light gray. I'm very familiar with grays, more so with benjamin moore, but I know a fair amount of SW too. The issue is that the downstairs living/dining has these reddish orange hardwoods. I find that they def bring out the pink/purple undertones of paint colors. When i bought the place, the woman had painted the entire unit in this fleshy beige color, the entire downstairs especially looked like a bandaid. That's the color that is on the walls in the pics I will attach. Admittedly it doesn't look bad in the pic, but in person it was very pinkish. A few years ago I painted the downstairs Edgcomb Gray, but even that appears a little bit purplish to me.

So where do I go from here? I have read many posts about chroma and color family, but at this point I'm still struggling. My current home has BM White Wisp, and I love it. But it definitely has a green undertone too it that I think would be accentuated by the orange-red in the floors, right? I've been looking hard at BM Intense White, but again it has a greenish undertone. What undertone do I need to look for to neutralize the color in the floor? I want to use a super light gray, as the townhouse is in the middle of the row and doesn't get much natural light.

Thanks in advance for any advice or recommendations!

Comment