SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_334119

wide "ranging" dilemma

I have an older Jenn Air slide in range/oven with downdraft venting. The unit basically does what I need but the notoriously finicky control pad is no longer fully functional. The part does not exist anymore and cannot be repaired. My home warranty is offering a sum of money towards a replacement but only for a limited time. I do not want to leave the money they are offering on the table. My questions:

1. I do not think I will purchase another downdraft range. How do I get rid of the venting that already exists in my floor under the base of the unit?

2. If I purchase the slide in range I have my eyes on - with no downdraft, of course - do I absolutely need a hood? What does that actually entail?

3. Prior to moving in this past April, I decided to redo/replace wood floors (came out beautifully), carpet the bedrooms, open up some walls (also quite dramatic) and put fresh paint everywhere. The kitchen is usable and my budget will not allow for anymore reno now. The current kitchen appliances include, in addition to the range, a Kitchen Aid dishwasher, a GE Adora 25.4 cu ft fridge, and a Panasonic microwave, all in white. I do not like white but those appliances work well. Should I purchase the range in a finish I like and sit tight with color mismatched appliances til I get to the rest - Or should I purchase a "package" of appliances now that will all have a uniform look?

Yaakov

Denver

Comments (7)