SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karen_jurgensen

The Barden Bed has a secret...

Howdy all! I thought I would give everyone an update on how my brand, shiny new rose bed, dedicated to Paul Barden’s Roses is progressing:

So it’s all weeded, this year’s transplants and purchases are all in (unless something pops up from RvR.) the dahlias are planted, the annuals are in, and the roses are settling in and growing.

Starting clockwise it’s: Fara Shimbo, Etienne,, Gallicandy, (open spots), Barbara Oliva (pouting and very slow to break dormancy), Marianne, and Siren’s Keep. The only flowers so far are sweet Fara Shimbo! Sooo cute and what pretty mossing, I have to try for a better picture.

What’s the secret you ask? What’s that young rose in the middle? Hmmm I wonder what it could be?

Paul was kind enough to send me a Gallicandy (which is healthy and gorgeous and ready to rock). In the box was a surprise, a small pot of Whetstone Garden! Queue the excited shrieks! It’s been given pride of place in the middle of the bed, and I’m hoping to add a lovely sculptural fountain next to it this summer. Of course all the roses are young, so there’s not much to look at yet, but I’m very much looking forward to seeing it’s progression over the next few years!!

Comments (8)