SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this US Memorial Day weekend? May 26-28

lindaoh_gw
5 years ago

Hello quilters! Are you quilting this weekend? We are planning a cookout on Sunday at DD's house but the rest of the time I plan to quilt!

I am loving my new quilting machine and frame. I put a baby panel on it with a flannel backing to practice and get familiar with using the machine. It turned out very nice and I plan to bind it and give it to Mothers 2 B through my quilt guild.

I also quilted a small wall hanging (15" square) with straight lines using my channel locks. I think I would have been happier with the results if I had used my other machine and a walking foot. Oh well, it was a practice piece. I have also completed quilting my "On Ringo Lake" mystery quilt. Today I tidied up my sewing room and made binding for these quilts. NowI am loading my mystery quilt from a couple years ago, "Grand Illusion", another Bonnie Hunter quilt.

I'm loving this machine! I have only been doing free motion quilting to get the feel for the speed regulator and bigger machine. The mystery quilts have so many tiny pieces that more complicated patterns would get lost on them anyway.

What are you doing this holiday weekend?

Linda OH

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath