SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anomoley

Help Designing Living Room Around Brown Chesterfield

anomoley
5 years ago

Hey Houzzers!

Hubby and I own a super comfy, soft, cozy, awesome leather Chesterfield which we love for its comfort and style, as well. The only thing that's terrible, is its color - it's a very dark brown. It's the only color the hubby would let me get because he insisted on a "dark, masculine" piece (everything else in our place is light at the moment).

I don't know how to decorate around a dark brown piece that's so large and need some help.

First, here's the sofa...

Now, some basics:

-- Our home is traditional/transitional in style. I generally like all things light and airy, he likes masculine touches, and we work to combine the two.

-- This sofa will be going in the formal living room where the walls are painted an off-white (Behr Country White) over white wainscoting. The room is presently still under construction, but you're not missing much by not seeing it -- though I WILL post pics when it's done.

-- I have literally NO pieces for this room. There isn't a fireplace or any "feature" about it, there are no chairs or tables or anything else there -- this sofa is the only thing we have so far.

-- There will be no TV in this room.

I need at least two additional armchairs, a coffee table, and any other accent furniture you think may tone down the darkness of this sofa and tie everything together. My favorite accent colors are golds and blues.

I'm attaching these pics of our family room which I love, it's very much my style and is indicative of the style of our home.

Thoughts? Ideas? Any suggestions for making this dark piece work would be very much appreciated! :)

Comments (20)