SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elizabeth_estes79

Montage Baroque Lazio

Elizabeth Estes
5 years ago

Anyone have these floors? My husband and I really like the color and matte finish of the sample we got but now I’m slightly scared of the oil finished floors after reading reviews.

Any non oil finished floors you can recommend that look similar?

Comments (19)

• PRO
    Oak & Broad
    5 years ago

Elizabeth Estes we offer several low gloss polyurethane finishes that look like oil but are much more durable. Some people dont mind applying a touch up oil every 2-3 years but for others its not such a big deal. Here is a color you may like.

• thepaisleychick
    3 years ago

Hi, also wondering if anyone has this floor and what you think of it.

• Kevin Pietramala
    3 years ago

We’ve had the HF Design oil finished floors for 4 years now and love them (we went with the Palma color, not the lighter color in this photo). We’ve had poly finished floors before and got tired of having to refinish our entire floor because of scratches. We still get scratches, but now I easily sand out the scratch and stain the area I sanded then put new oil on it to protect it from water damage. Since our kids are grown, we don’t have a high traffic house and only oiled them again after 3 years (it’s an easy process and I do one area at a time). My wife and I think these floors look better every year and are very easy to take care of. We are now about to remove all our carpet upstairs and replace it with HF Wood Flooring with the oiled finish. I’ve attached a photo of the flooring just after installation.

• Kevin Pietramala
    3 years ago

HF Design Baroque Palma European White Oak Oiled finished engineered wood flooring.

• Melinda Carlson
    3 years ago

Warning warning! We spent over $10,000 on these floors and they have shrunk/gapped + delaminated + chipped —> you name it!! They look awful and are terrible quality. Our installer discarded more than 20% for quality prior to install (vs a typical 5%)

Manufacturer refuses to stand behind their product and participate in making it right. Terrible customer service! Avoid at all costs!!

• Brent Kobayashi
    3 years ago

We have had same problems - beware!

• Maria Johnson
    2 years ago

Is this picture with the black staining the Montage line? We are about to purchase.

• Kevin Pietramala
    2 years ago

The use a black epoxy to fill any openings in the wood. We love the way it looks with it.

• Maria Johnson
    2 years ago

Kevin, why would there be openings?

• Kevin Pietramala
    2 years ago

It’s real wood so it has splits and knots in the wood

• Donna Reed
    2 years ago

@Melinda Carlson and @Brent Kobayashi did you guys have problems with the montage baroque (lazio) as well? We are down to them as well

• HU-131149428
    2 years ago

Would love feedback on the montage baroque lazio as well! @DonnaReed. Have you or anyone else on here found anything?

• Liz
    2 years ago

We have the Portofino Tuscan in 2 rooms. We are so impressed with it that we are finishing out the rest of the house with it. We have big dogs and it has held up very well. It gets prettier each year. 7+ years

• Donna Reed
    2 years ago

We are actually doing the Villa Borghese in Alessandra. I did more homework than probably needed but best price for best product selection for us!

• Lisa Egan
    2 years ago

Elizabeth - did you end up getting the Lazio? I am looking at it now.

• Vilma Sneed
    last month

Kevin, I’m looking at the Palma for our house. Are you still happy with it?

• Kevin Pietramala
    last month
    last modified: last month

Yes, we are go on 7 years with it and just removed all our 2nd floor carpeting and steps and installed the Palma.

• Vilma Sneed
    last month

Would you mind sharing what it currently looks like? Torn between the Montage European Oak Palma and the Hallmark True collection Neroli Oak. And need to make a decision by tomorrow.